March For Our Lives - Parkland Students Demanding Action

Comments

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited June 2018
    unsung said:
    Just a reminder there are 3300 dad's whose babies were aborted today.

Oh shucks, forgot that doesn't count.
    Seeing that this is a thread regarding Parkland, yea it doesn’t count. Start an anti-abortion thread. Pro life until you’re born.
    Abortion should be safe, legal,  and available on demand.
    Guns should  not be available on demand.

#marchforourlives
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    I'll be in Chicago on July 7th Marching for our Rights if anyone wants to meet up and have a beer after.  Of course I can no longer concealed carry in the People's Democrat Republic of Illinois as I am no longer a subject so your safety could be in question.  Chicago is nearly a warzone.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    unsung said:
    I'll be in Chicago on July 7th Marching for our Rights if anyone wants to meet up and have a beer after.  Of course I can no longer concealed carry in the People's Democrat Republic of Illinois as I am no longer a subject so your safety could be in question.  Chicago is nearly a warzone.

Warzone. Sounds crazy. Maybe you should be having some gun regulation laws then like normal western democracies and not reference back to stuff that was written several hundred years ago. Hmm.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Like Chicago's strict laws? 
    unsung said:
    Like Chicago's strict laws? 
    No, like Västergötland.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    Or like the Shangra la of indianer.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited June 2018
    unsung said:

Warzone. Sounds crazy. Maybe you should be having some gun regulation laws then like normal western democracies and not reference back to stuff that was written several hundred years ago. Hmm.
    I predict lots of goose stepping in Chicago on July 7th.
    Which is sad because on July 7th I'll  be in Berlin and see no goose stepping.
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    unsung said:

force them all to be born and give them each a gun at their fucking baptism. 

"aww, look, he's sucking the barrell like it's a breast....isn't that adorable?"
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    unsung said:

Really, I can't believe you ever still try to convince anyone here that you're some kind of libertarian, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited June 2018
    Sorry, I walked from the LP long ago when it was hijacked by SJW's and nominated a globalist for VP.

But the LP platform is to defend life so good luck getting abortion as a new direction.  Then again the new LP may be on board.
    Post edited by unsung on
    edited June 2018
    unsung said:
    Sorry, I walked from the LP long ago when he got hijacked by SJW's.

But the LP platform is to defend life so good luck getting abortion as a new direction.  Then again the new LP may be on board.
    Well yes, the LP believes that government should have no say in the matter and that each individual should make their own decision on the matter. But the new LP or the old LP... Libertarians have never been in favour of the anti-choice perspective. How could they be?? A government telling a person what they may or may not keep inside their own bodies is the exact opposite of everything any variation of libertarian stands for, whether they are each personally in favour of abortion or not.
    Seriously, how can you go on saying you don't like government interference if you're making what appear to be anti-choice comments? How do you reconcile this inside your own head?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    It is pretty simple when you accept that it is not a parasite inside being developed, but if you think that it is then there is no argument that I can make that would convince you as otherwise.  Good day Miss PJ Soul.
    unsung said:
    It is pretty simple when you accept that it is not a parasite inside being developed, but if you think that it is then there is no argument that I can make that would convince you as otherwise.  Good day Miss PJ Soul.
    That is 100% irrelevant to the point I was making, and 100% relevant to the fact that you're a complete fraud in terms of your oft-stated political stance.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Glad no news of any school shooting today , go kids keep the movement alive ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    I have a friend who teaches entomology at a well known and prestigious university on the  U.S. east coast.  I saw him yesterday and he mentioned that the natural infant mortality rate for humans is about 40%.  The actual mortality rate in the U.S. is currently about 0.582%  

That raises some interesting questions, doesn't it?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    I have a friend who teaches entomology at a well known and prestigious university on the  U.S. east coast.  I saw him yesterday and he mentioned that the natural infant mortality rate for humans is about 40%.  The actual mortality rate in the U.S. is currently about 0.582%  

What questions does it raise? The only thing I can think of is that you're maybe suggesting that mass shootings are some form of natural population control, but that couldn't be what your point is, lol.
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:

What questions does it raise? The only thing I can think of is that you're maybe suggesting that mass shootings are some form of natural population control, but that couldn't be what your point is, lol.
    No, that hadn't crossed my mind, but... hmmm...

...Nahhh!  haha!

What questions... hmmm.  I really don't know.  The questions that lurk in the back of my mind have to do with our tinkering with nature.  Our propensity to over-populate.  Questions around an broadly generalized insistence that, for some, the abortion of even the tiniest of fetuses is an unpardonable sin while accepting an unnatural intervention to a normal mortality rate.

I'm not making any statements about any of this.  I just wonder about it all.  Maybe too much.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

edited June 2018
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:

...Nahhh!  haha!

What questions... hmmm.  I really don't know.  The questions that lurk in the back of my mind have to do with our tinkering with nature.  Our propensity to over-populate.  Questions around an broadly generalized insistence that, for some, the abortion of even the tiniest of fetuses is an unpardonable sin while accepting an unnatural intervention to a normal mortality rate.

I'm not making any statements about any of this.  I just wonder about it all.  Maybe too much.
    Oh, well yeah. I've actually got pretty "extreme" views when it comes to this issue. I believe that the world's overpopulation problem is a direct result of our relatively new ability to almost completely destroy most natural population controls through medicine advancements, foreign aid, and other technologies that have allowed us to skirt nature's plan to keep us dying at a satisfactory rate from natural disaster, infant mortality, disease, famine, and injury. The very best solution to the world's overpopulation would be for developed nations to completely cut off all foreign aid to underdeveloped nations, to end any refugee programs, to pull the Red Cross and all other humanitarian charities, and generally just let other nations sink or swim on their own through famine, epidemics, war, and disaster. And, of course, we would have to end all vaccination programs in the world. If our morals could bring us to do such a rash thing, the world's population issue would probably fix itself within a few generations.
    Some say nature will find a work-around for our interference in population control with a massive pandemic that kills 40% of us... I dunno, I guess we'll see. I know my mother is literally hoping for such a thing to happen (she would go for over 50% mortality though), and says that she is more than willing to be one of the dead if it happens. Me, well, if it's not a pandemic, I figure it will be climate change that leads to famine and water shortages and war in the developed world over the food and water. 
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:

...Nahhh!  haha!

Oh, well yeah. I've actually got pretty "extreme" views when it comes to this issue. I believe that the world's overpopulation problem is a direct result of our relatively new ability to almost completely destroy most natural population controls through medicine advancements, foreign aid, and other technologies that have allowed us to skirt nature's plan to keep us dying at a satisfactory rate from natural disaster, infant mortality, disease, famine, and injury. The very best solution to the world's overpopulation would be for developed nations to completely cut off all foreign aid to underdeveloped nations, to end any refugee programs, to pull the Red Cross and all other humanitarian charities, and generally just let other nations sink or swim on their own through famine, epidemics, war, and disaster. And, of course, we would have to end all vaccination programs in the world. If our morals could bring us to do such a rash thing, the world's population issue would probably fix itself within a few generations.
    Some say nature will find a work-around for our interference in population control with a massive pandemic that kills 40% of us... I dunno, I guess we'll see. I know my mother is literally hoping for such a thing to happen (she would go for over 50% mortality though), and says that she is more than willing to be one of the dead if it happens. Me, well, if it's not a pandemic, I figure it will be climate change that leads to famine and water shortages and war in the developed world over the food and water. 
    I have similar radical notions as well that are at odds with my own natural tendency to wish everyone well... and that's just not possible.  I think it comes down to a matter of degrees.  Like housing prices or stock markets, corrections in populations are going to occur, no matter how hard we try to buoy them up with artificial means. 

The logical thing to do would be to find the most humane, least cataclysmic, and (within reason) slowest decline.  It's like some of these climbing rescue stories I've read recently.  If they lower the victim to quickly, he or she may die of increased injury.  If they lower him or her  too slowly, he or she and possibly  others may suffer hypothermia or pulmonary or cerebral edema.  What  is needed is a knowledgeable and wise rescue expedition leader to come up with the best plan.  This is where we have come up way, way short.  There are no great leaders and no one has a plan.  That almost always leads to the worst outcome. 

unsung said:
    So what is your solution -- to force people into going 9 months growing a life that is unwanted? Because unwanted pregnancies is not gonna stop.

I understand that its philosophically not a black and white matter (for many people, including me). But what is the alternative if not allowing abortions.
    I haven't said flat out not to allow them, however the false tears don't make the two issues morally unequal.

Don't sit and tell me how you want to protect the children but in the next breath demand unlimited access to abortions.

When you size it up and get into the issue the loss of life is just a front for the real agenda.
    more power to the kids movement keep the vision alive fuck your weapons !
    the real agenda?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Control.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    If we armed all the immigrants and put them to work as security for schools, malls, theaters, etc....does that constitute a compromise?

hippiemom = goodness
    If we armed all the immigrants and put them to work as security for schools, malls, theaters, etc....does that constitute a compromise?

no. 2A is only applicable to the "american race". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited June 2018
    unsung said:

Don't sit and tell me how you want to protect the children but in the next breath demand unlimited access to abortions.

Drawing an absolute and false equivalence between not wanting kids to be murdered by guns and abortions?

Did I stumble into some Jehovas Witnesses meeting...

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    Great another day with no known school shootings , go kids keep the vision alive ! 
    Fuck your weapons ....
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Throw your weapons down!
    Thursday bump keep the movement alive kids November will be here soon enough , fuck the weapons ..