Options

I must look like a target.

13»

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    Just think about this that guy who threatend you can probably walk into most gun shops and purchase one of many weapons allowed by law to be sold to him !!!!!!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,310
    I was nervous as hell every time I got on the train for weeks after my incident.
    Kept looking out for the guy at the station he got off at thinking he'd get on from there.
    I reported it to the cops and the cop who took my report looked like he was annoyed at me making the report.
    He said I'd be contacted but never heard from them.
    I think it’s normal to be nervous after an incident...I’d be more concerned if you stay traumatized for long period of time.

After being hit by a car as a pedestrian I was nervous as hell crossing streets, walking in parking lots...not so much now.  Since I took on a car and survived, I can take  on a club carrier maniac... B)

Really?

I too was hit by a car as a pedestrian. A Hummer, to be exact.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I was nervous as hell every time I got on the train for weeks after my incident.
    Kept looking out for the guy at the station he got off at thinking he'd get on from there.
    I reported it to the cops and the cop who took my report looked like he was annoyed at me making the report.
    I think it’s normal to be nervous after an incident...I’d be more concerned if you stay traumatized for long period of time.

After being hit by a car as a pedestrian I was nervous as hell crossing streets, walking in parking lots...not so much now.  Since I took on a car and survived, I can take  on a club carrier maniac... B)

Really?

And how’d your lawsuit go?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Really?

Didn't have one. It was a hit and run. Nobody got the plate number. Dude sped off into the Philadelphia night. It hit me from behind as we were walking up the street after the bars let out. I still have the pants with the tire marks on them. Crazy thing is, other than fucking up my back a little bit and a few broken nails, there was nothing wrong with me. I was discharged from the hospital  after just a few hours.

The police sketch is pretty funny. I still have that too. It's just a picture of a stick figure crossing the street, with an arrow pointing to the other side of the street.....and then he drew this huge suv with an arrow pointing directly at the stick figure. That cracks me up for some reason.

This was 15 years ago and I'm still a little leery about crossing streets but it's never been something that really affected me too much.

What was your situation like?

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Really?

Do you know how fast it was going?  I was hit at low speed, appartley, I was knocked uncinsous for 5 minutes.  The last thing I remember is a scream, me looking at the windshield, and then the bumper...after I came too, I remember someone helping me in the ambulance...very scared.  I hope you are alright with no serious injuries.  In Canada unless my injuries effect my quality of life I’m unable to expect much in compensation...that’s why I wondered if you could sue...once again I really hope you are alright, it’s life altering in some ways...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165

Really?

Didn't have one. It was a hit and run. Nobody got the plate number. Dude sped off into the Philadelphia night. It hit me from behind as we were walking up the street after the bars let out. I still have the pants with the tire marks on them. Crazy thing is, other than fucking up my back a little bit and a few broken nails, there was nothing wrong with me. I was discharged from the hospital  after just a few hours.

The police sketch is pretty funny. I still have that too. It's just a picture of a stick figure crossing the street, with an arrow pointing to the other side of the street.....and then he drew this huge suv with an arrow pointing directly at the stick figure. That cracks me up for some reason.

This was 15 years ago and I'm still a little leery about crossing streets but it's never been something that really affected me too much.

Post that sketch here.
    You must be built like a tank. "You should've seen the Hummer!".
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options

Really?

Do you know how fast it was going?  I was hit at low speed, appartley, I was knocked uncinsous for 5 minutes.  The last thing I remember is a scream, me looking at the windshield, and then the bumper...after I came too, I remember someone helping me in the ambulance...very scared.  I hope you are alright with no serious injuries.  In Canada unless my injuries effect my quality of life I’m unable to expect much in compensation...that’s why I wondered if you could sue...once again I really hope you are alright, it’s life altering in some ways...

I'm totally fine. This was a Saturday night and I was at work on Monday like it never happened. Couldn't have been that fast. I did black out for a brief moment and when I woke up, I remember these girls holding me down for fear that I would hurt myself further if I moved a certain way. I think they were nurses actually.

Did this just happen to you? Are you trying to sue the person? Sounds worse than what I went through...

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    rgambs said:
    Ever consider carrying a blackjack?
    FELONY!  Do Not carry one!!!
    What's a blackjack?
    I just tried to look it up.  It's a leather slapper. :o
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    Malroth said:
    rgambs said:
    What's a blackjack?
    I just tried to look it up.  It's a leather slapper. :o
    All I get from Google is the game.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,752

Really?

Terrible!  I hope no lasting physical or emotional injury.  So sorry to hear about this, Juggler!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    rgambs said:
    What's a blackjack?
    It a small leather club-like weapon, usually with led sewn into the end.  Looks like this:

What the guy came at me with looked more like a policeman's baton, or a short, stubby black baseball bat.  Kind of like this only rougher and thicker at the head:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Thanks for showing me what a blackjack is Brian.
    That bat looks mean, thank fuck he didn't hit you.
    He damaged your car yeah?
  • Options
    From the sound of the contact, I thought for sure I was looking at some major damage.  But, no, the first hit was a heavy blow to the back passenger window which, amazingly, did not break.  Toyota must put bullet proof glass in those windows.  The second blow was to the hatchback which must have landed mostly on the window which again held, although there are a couple of small dents on the metal to the side of the rear window.  The worst damage was to my nerves.  This guy was crazy mean and out to kill for absolutely no reason other than that he thought I was fallowing him,  However, in fact, it was he who followed me out of the store.  Totally crazy. 

• Options
    brianlux said:
    From the sound of the contact, I thought for sure I was looking at some major damage.  But, no, the first hit was a heavy blow to the back passenger window which, amazingly, did not break.  Toyota must put bullet proof glass in those windows.  The second blow was to the hatchback which must have landed mostly on the window which again held, although there are a couple of small dents on the metal to the side of the rear window.  The worst damage was to my nerves.  This guy was crazy mean and out to kill for absolutely no reason other than that he thought I was fallowing him,  However, in fact, it was he who followed me out of the store.  Totally crazy. 
    Glad to hear. Are you going to get it repaired (the small dents).
    Better the car than you.
    Very crazy, definitely on something like meth.
  • Options
    Reading what happened to you brian makes me angry. Be great to go back in time grab the end of his bat as he swang it and smack him with his own bat. I have bo sympathy for this guy no matter what his issues. You are a gentleman with a good heart never should be randomly picked out by an idiot for abuse.....im getting angry lately with people taking liberties with good souls. Its happening in my partners family atm. About to snap
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Reading what happened to you brian makes me angry. Be great to go back in time grab the end of his bat as he swang it and smack him with his own bat. I have bo sympathy for this guy no matter what his issues. You are a gentleman with a good heart never should be randomly picked out by an idiot for abuse.....im getting angry lately with people taking liberties with good souls. Its happening in my partners family atm. About to snap
    I hear you, lastexit.  Anger is definitely one of my emotions over this. I have to work hard to not let anger rule my thoughts.  That's hard, of course, but what's even harder right now is keeping my feet on the ground.  I was physically and emotionally smacked by the knock out game head punch a few years ago but for some reason, even though I suffered no bodily harm this time, the mind fuck of this recent incident is even harder to deal with.  I'm not sure why except that maybe it's because I don't know what this recent one was about.  The knock out game punch in the past was probably a gang initiation thing.  It comes closer to having a name or words for it.  The recent attack has no name, no purpose, nothing I can ascribe to it and I feel like I'm hanging by threads.  I worked to hard to get past issues to let this get to me.  I have to let time do it's healing thing.

Thanks for reaching out here.  And best wishes for you partner's family.  I truly wish them well.

• Options

Really?

Really?

In a nutshell...I was crossing the street (I had the right away), a lady was turned right into me...all I reall remember is hearing a scream, looking at windshield and looking at the bumper on impact...I was knocked out for 5 minutes, I was checked out at the hospital to make sure there was no bleeding in the brain.  I had 2 perfectly good knees, now I don’t, and I hardly ever get headaches, now I get debilitating migraines...I got 2 years to sue...but my injuries have to be life altering... 

i hope you are doing well...no serious injuries...it’s sucks that people just drive off, don’t except responsibility.  In my case she was charged, and has insurance...and will pay for quite awhile with much higher insurance premiums...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Found your guy....

St. Thomas bat-attack case adjourned to next month

http://www.chathamdailynews.ca/2018/02/20/st-thomas-bat-attack-case-adjourned-to-next-month
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Found your guy....

http://www.chathamdailynews.ca/2018/02/20/st-thomas-bat-attack-case-adjourned-to-next-month
    I can't believe the guy had the nerve to think saying "I'm sorry" would take care of matter.  Like, "I'm sorry I'm a dipshit racist that wanted to beat the living daylights out of you with a baseball bat.  Hope you don't mind". 

I thought I saw my guy today downtown but then decided it wasn't him.  I don't know if I'm paranoid or just getting old and forgetful.  I'd sure like to forget this incident.  It still haunts me.  Time heals all.  I must be patient. 

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Found your guy....

I can't believe the guy had the nerve to think saying "I'm sorry" would take care of matter.  Like, "I'm sorry I'm a dipshit racist that wanted to beat the living daylights out of you with a baseball bat.  Hope you don't mind". 

I thought I saw my guy today downtown but then decided it wasn't him.  I don't know if I'm paranoid or just getting old and forgetful.  I'd sure like to forget this incident.  It still haunts me.  Time heals all.  I must be patient. 
    https://youtu.be/1zbKzmOiG5E
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,295
    Man, that is so f'ed up. I'm glad you're ok Brian.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush said:
    Man, that is so f'ed up. I'm glad you're ok Brian.
    Thanks my friends. 

I just heard from a Goodwill rep.  She told me the guy went back into the store after the incident and complained to the manager that I was "following him around".  Crazy!  But she also told me the incident was recorded by their security cameras.  Good!  I'll let the sherriff's office know they have it on tape.