Options

Is new music important for this tour?

124»

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited February 2018

I'm going to call it - I think there IS going to be a new Album.  I don't know if it will be pre Europe, or between Europe and States or during States tour. I just think they will surprise us.  Definitely not in time for South America though.

Lets put it this way, if they try out a couple of new songs in South America.............it's on.

I think this is fact, not opinion. Members of the band have confirmed they're working on a new album. I seriously doubt it will come out during the summer though. They can't produce an album that quickly even if they start next week. Not when vinyl pressing plants have 6 month minimum wait lists.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189
    PJ_Soul said:

I'm going to call it - I think there IS going to be a new Album.  I don't know if it will be pre Europe, or between Europe and States or during States tour. I just think they will surprise us.  Definitely not in time for South America though.

Lets put it this way, if they try out a couple of new songs in South America.............it's on.

I think this is fact, not opinion. Members of the band have confirmed they're working on a new album. I seriously doubt it will come out during the summer though. They can't produce an album that quickly even if they start next week. Not when vinyl pressing plants have 6 month minimum wait lists.

I don't see how this is possible unless they pull a Radiohead and release it in digital format first.

like PJ_Soul said.... not enough time to finish artwork, master and press it before at least October/November at the earliest.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    I don't predict any new material for these shows.  I'm good with them busting out rarely played songs from deep in the catalog.  Plenty of opportunities when not supporting an album to dig into the true gems.   Give us Wash, Just a Girl, Alone, Brother, Hard to Imagine, Undone...one could go on and on and they'd all be better than Just Breathe, Sirens, Last Kiss, etc. that are played often. 
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,142
    I was reading a PJ bootleg blog a few days ago and the author reviews bootlegs and breaks them down song by song really enthusiastically.  He even has a post where he runs down every single song in the bands catalog and gives three or 4 of the best versions they’ve ever played (in his opinion)... super cool shit.

anyway, I found it really interesting/cool/refreshing to hear him say that the 2013-2016 LB era of live Pearl Jam was one of his favorite time periods for the band and that they were in top form as a band.  
    http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/2016/08/favorite-versions-of-lightning-bolt.html?m=1

Anyway, I know it is on subject/off subject, but while we all get feisty about our own positions on certain songs and the band, it’s refreshing to remember that they fucking rock still and they killed it these last few years. I know we all hope they keep rocking into their 70’s.... only 20 more years!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    I was listening to 11/04/1996 Hamburg yesterday and was thinking that from 1991-1996 they went from Ten to No Code.  From 2013-2018, they've gone from Lightning Bolt to Lightning Bolt.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Just don’t play bee girl again
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,442
    I absolutely need some new music from these guys. I don't need it for this tour necessarily, but soon.

2013 Wrigley gave us 3 new songs. LB was not released yet.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.