If you & friend win GA & Reserved, How do you split?

13»

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    To those who have implied I (or others) want to cheat the system, swap phones, wear disguises (lol), etc., that’s nonsense.  Sure, maybe some people do that stuff.  I have plenty of better things to do with my time.  I was just trying to find a legitimate solution to a potential problem that many are going to face, with no ill-intent, plotting, scheming or manipulating the system.  And it’s not as simple as “buy tickets to shows you plan to attend.”  That’s precisely what I’m doing (see above). 
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    I would have no problem if they did a limit of 1 per household or something, so a couple could both enter and only 1 could win. Paying for 2 memberships and put in for 2 chances seems fair. It is the fact they they are putting in for more tickets than they intend to use that is the problem. Win 4, but only intend to use 2 is defeating the whole intention of this anti-scalper system.
    But that wouldn't be fair for couples who each want to bring a friend. They have as much a right to do that as any of us.
    That is exactly what we are doing. I am planning on bring my little brother who is 21 and in College and simply can't afford it yet. But this will be his 1st PJ show and without the capability of being able to transfer both tickets it will essentially eliminate him from experiencing one of the greatest events ever. I would not just transfer 1 ticket to him in reserve while me and my wife go to GA and certainly wouldn't leave my wife by herself as well. I am not looking to waste tickets I am looking to bring friends/family that have never seen PJ live and I have the right to do that. With this new policy if my wife and I split the 2 GA and 2 Reserve i will essentially be looking for someone the day of the concert to buy 1 ticket from me while my brother and friend  would just not be able to go. It sucks big time. 
    If you and your wife have separate tenclub accounts, the only way it would work is to each try for tics at the same location like GA.  Then you could take 2 ticket buddies ( I.e. your brother and his friend). But there’s no way to do it otherwise.  
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
    And for the record, I love what the new system is designed to do. Keep tickets out of brokers hands. This scenario I’ve described for 2 legitimate fans/friends attempting to get GA tickets to a high demand show can create a potential problem, that’s all.  And we each have ONE 10C account. Not 1 for my wife, my daughter, son, dog, etc. One account each. 
    Keep in mind that these policies are now in effect to prevent people from doing exactly what you are complaining about.  You are basically gaming the system to get. More tickets for people who are fans, but not in the tenclub.  The system is now set up to try to get more tickets to people who are actually tenclub members 
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,272
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    I would have no problem if they did a limit of 1 per household or something, so a couple could both enter and only 1 could win. Paying for 2 memberships and put in for 2 chances seems fair. It is the fact they they are putting in for more tickets than they intend to use that is the problem. Win 4, but only intend to use 2 is defeating the whole intention of this anti-scalper system.
    But that wouldn't be fair for couples who each want to bring a friend. They have as much a right to do that as any of us.
    Thats true. I guess its only when they put in for more tickets than they intend to use that seems against the rule. I don't see how putting in for 4 tickets intended to only use 2 and sell 2 is any different than me putting in for 2 and not intending to use either and sell both.
    PP193448 said:
    Keep in mind that these policies are now in effect to prevent people from doing exactly what you are complaining about.  You are basically gaming the system to get. More tickets for people who are fans, but not in the tenclub.  The system is now set up to try to get more tickets to people who are actually tenclub members 
    I’m not gaming anything and I’m certainly not trying to grab more tickets for non ten club members. Re-read my post.  It says to OFFER THE EXTRAS TO OTHER 10C MEMBERS. You must have overlooked that sentence. 
  • BCBABCBA Posts: 220
    edited February 2018
    thats the thing.  in this case, its not overly malicious.  but multiply it by many people doing the same exact thing and the pools become pretty heavy with people over-buying.... making it so more people get blanked out with nothing.  some buddies may have signed up wives and they would have 4 chances.  

then you had a growing cartel of people who would hit multiple times and trade ga pairs for ga pairs to other shows.   it quickly grew as people learned the system, and based on what i saw here in plain daylight, as well as the facebook groups, it was an epidemic.  these werent offered to members who didnt get "lucky".  they were used as currency to obtain more premier tickets.
     10c apparently took notice, which is the reason for the restriction
    Post edited by BCBA on
  • bbiggs said:
    Poncier said:
    You can't win GA and reserved for the same show.

The thread asks if one friend wins GA and the other friend wins reserved how do they both do GA and have 2 other people use the reserved seats. Which is problematic given the mobile entry system in place.
    That is what me and my wife are going through.  If she wins GA and I win reserve this is where shit gets fucking sideways. Obviously I'm going to go with  her to GA... Which means she transfers me her ticket. Now I would love to sell my two reserved but according to this bullshit policy I will only be able to sell one ticket of my reserve and be forced to eat the one ticket... That is $130 down the drain. I understood there deal on scalpers but honestly the way they had it before was 100x better than what most artist do for there fans. Now I pray to God that we both win GA and we can invite two of our friends to go with or else they won't be able to go if the scenario above plays out. I'm not sure if I like this whole renewed relationship with TM. Looks like its going to hurt a lot of the 10c fans that help out fellow 10c that don't win tickets.. That is the beauty of being in the group, now it feels like we got slapped with handcuffs and they stole the key. 
    I think you can still make this work.  Example:  wife wins GA...you win reserved.  You plan to join wife in GA.  You list 2 reserved seats for sale in Lost Dogs. Buyers/ 10C members meet you and wife in front of venue.  Wife transfers GA ticket to buyer A. You transfer reserved ticket to buyer B. You all walk in and split up to your respective sections. 

i agree the process is much tougher now but not impossible. 

Problem is they put a GA bracelet on the person with the GA ticket. 
    bbiggs said:
    PP193448 said:
    I’m not gaming anything and I’m certainly not trying to grab more tickets for non ten club members. Re-read my post.  It says to OFFER THE EXTRAS TO OTHER 10C MEMBERS. You must have overlooked that sentence. 
    No.  That’s cool.  I’ve done that in the past. 
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,634
    MayDay10 said:
    why would someone buy a set of each to a show?  My wife and I are going and we are purchasing 1 pair.  I don't need to swap phones, IDs, wear disguises, worry about lines, etc.  

I cant think of a scenario where we would want/need 2 pairs.  We are putting in for GA and reserved.  They don't give both.  One, or the other, or none.
    When Mayday speaks, you grab a god dang notepad. If you and your friend want GA first, then only one person needs to put in. Worst case, you get reserved. If this is what you really intend, the better seniority person puts in so your reserved seats are better.

If you're doing this to help out 2 other friends, the short answer is to get them to sign up for a 10C membership 3 weeks ago, or to do TM verified. I don't think it's worth the risk just to help non 10C members out...whether it be wasted funds, or worse. If there's a way around this system, people will figure it out in the days leading to the show - and no one wants that stress.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

BCBA said:
    thats the thing.  in this case, its not overly malicious.  but multiply it by many people doing the same exact thing and the pools become pretty heavy with people over-buying.... making it so more people get blanked out with nothing.  some buddies may have signed up wives and they would have 4 chances.  

then you had a growing cartel of people who would hit multiple times and trade ga pairs for ga pairs to other shows.   it quickly grew as people learned the system, and based on what i saw here in plain daylight, as well as the facebook groups, it was an epidemic.  these werent offered to members who didnt get "lucky".  they were used as currency to obtain more premier tickets.
     10c apparently took notice, which is the reason for the restriction
    All makes perfect sense. I understand your points and agree with them.  
    Gibson said:
    MayDay10 said:
    why would someone buy a set of each to a show?  My wife and I are going and we are purchasing 1 pair.  I don't need to swap phones, IDs, wear disguises, worry about lines, etc.  

I cant think of a scenario where we would want/need 2 pairs.  We are putting in for GA and reserved.  They don't give both.  One, or the other, or none.
    When Mayday speaks, you grab a god dang notepad. If you and your friend want GA first, then only one person needs to put in. Worst case, you get reserved. If this is what you really intend, the better seniority person puts in so your reserved seats are better.

If you're doing this to help out 2 other friends, the short answer is to get them to sign up for a 10C membership 3 weeks ago, or to do TM verified. I don't think it's worth the risk just to help non 10C members out...whether it be wasted funds, or worse. If there's a way around this system, people will figure it out in the days leading to the show - and no one wants that stress.
    I see it like this. By us both putting in for GA, it increases our odds at potentially winning. That’s all.  Again, never planned to, nor would I, sell any (unintended and unwanted) extras to non 10C members.  I don’t have buddies who forgot to sign up in time, etc. Hell, I only have 1 friend who’s even interested in going to the shows (my ticket partner).  I’m not looking to add any shred of stress in my life.  I prefer to remain as cool as a cucumber lol. Thx for the note. 
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    I didn’t read this whole thread so maybe I missed something. However, nothing wrong with him and a friend, both 10 club members, putting in for GA and also reserve. They obviously both want GA but are putting reserve as a back up in case Ga doesn’t work out, which is very likely. By Monday morning, the reserves will be less than 99 as well so those will also not be guranteed.  Are some of you suggesting that only one of them should put in for reserve tickets in hopes that they win? Sounds like he said if they are fortunate enough to both win, or maybe unfortunate enough to both win then he is doing the right thing and selling the extra for face to fellow 10 clubbers. Not sure I understand the problem I guess. 

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    jmug23 said:
    I didn’t read this whole thread so maybe I missed something. However, nothing wrong with him and a friend, both 10 club members, putting in for GA and also reserve. They obviously both want GA but are putting reserve as a back up in case Ga doesn’t work out, which is very likely. By Monday morning, the reserves will be less than 99 as well so those will also not be guranteed.  Are some of you suggesting that only one of them should put in for reserve tickets in hopes that they win? Sounds like he said if they are fortunate enough to both win, or maybe unfortunate enough to both win then he is doing the right thing and selling the extra for face to fellow 10 clubbers. Not sure I understand the problem I guess. 

If they each are selling off a single, that's fine. It was reinforced that they can't keep one pair and sell off the other.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,678
    Putting in is = to buying.  10c is trying to restrict people buying more pairs than they require.  This makes the system more equitable for everybody.  Pairs of people werent each buying 10c tickets during the f5 days. 
    The individual person's anecdotal situation of a spouse who is also a longtime fan is not the problem on its own.  Multiply it by many people doing this as well as people manipulating and abusing the system and it forced 10c to make the change.  
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,894

mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    Thats true. I guess its only when they put in for more tickets than they intend to use that seems against the rule. I don't see how putting in for 4 tickets intended to only use 2 and sell 2 is any different than me putting in for 2 and not intending to use either and sell both.
    Yeah, for sure. They should just put in for tix they actually want to use, not put in for more than they can use just to better their odds against other members. That also isn't fair.
    Well, Sea told us.... just put in for what you want. Period. But yeah, for GA, both can only enter for GA, and if both win GA, they can each take in someone and everyone's happy! That seems fair. Reserved seats... same thing, really. I seriously doubt switching seats with someone is going to be punishable by death or anything. ;) The worst thing that could possibly happen if you try that is you're told to go back to your assigned seat. Not the end of the world.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata