If you & friend win GA & Reserved, How do you split?

Comments

• Poncier said:
    You can't win GA and reserved for the same show.

The thread asks if one friend wins GA and the other friend wins reserved how do they both do GA and have 2 other people use the reserved seats. Which is problematic given the mobile entry system in place.
    That is what me and my wife are going through.  If she wins GA and I win reserve this is where shit gets fucking sideways. Obviously I'm going to go with  her to GA... Which means she transfers me her ticket. Now I would love to sell my two reserved but according to this bullshit policy I will only be able to sell one ticket of my reserve and be forced to eat the one ticket... That is $130 down the drain. I understood there deal on scalpers but honestly the way they had it before was 100x better than what most artist do for there fans. Now I pray to God that we both win GA and we can invite two of our friends to go with or else they won't be able to go if the scenario above plays out. I'm not sure if I like this whole renewed relationship with TM. Looks like its going to hurt a lot of the 10c fans that help out fellow 10c that don't win tickets.. That is the beauty of being in the group, now it feels like we got slapped with handcuffs and they stole the key. 
    6/27/06 St. Paul**MN
    11/16/13 OKC**OK
    10/09/14 Lincoln**NE
    10/19/14 St. Paul**MN
    5/02/16 NYC**MSG #2
    8/20/16 Chicago**IL Wrigley #1
    8/13/18 Missoula**MT WA-Grizz Stadium 
    8/18/18 Chicago**IL Wrigley #1 
    4/2/20 Nashville**TN 
    4/4/20 St. Louis**MO 

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    Poncier said:

The thread asks if one friend wins GA and the other friend wins reserved how do they both do GA and have 2 other people use the reserved seats. Which is problematic given the mobile entry system in place.
    That is what me and my wife are going through.  If she wins GA and I win reserve this is where shit gets fucking sideways. Obviously I'm going to go with  her to GA... Which means she transfers me her ticket. Now I would love to sell my two reserved but according to this bullshit policy I will only be able to sell one ticket of my reserve and be forced to eat the one ticket... That is $130 down the drain. I understood there deal on scalpers but honestly the way they had it before was 100x better than what most artist do for there fans. Now I pray to God that we both win GA and we can invite two of our friends to go with or else they won't be able to go if the scenario above plays out. I'm not sure if I like this whole renewed relationship with TM. Looks like its going to hurt a lot of the 10c fans that help out fellow 10c that don't win tickets.. That is the beauty of being in the group, now it feels like we got slapped with handcuffs and they stole the key. 
    I think you can still make this work.  Example:  wife wins GA...you win reserved.  You plan to join wife in GA.  You list 2 reserved seats for sale in Lost Dogs. Buyers/ 10C members meet you and wife in front of venue.  Wife transfers GA ticket to buyer A. You transfer reserved ticket to buyer B. You all walk in and split up to your respective sections. 

i agree the process is much tougher now but not impossible. 

• BCBABCBA Posts: 220
    or just buy tickets you intend to use
    BCBA said:
    Problem is you could end up 0 for 2 or 2 for 2 if you and spouse or ticket partner put in GA vs reserved for the same show 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    BCBA said:
    Yep. I'd rather get my tix through the lottery than scour the boards, secure a deal, then hope the person doesn't flake between now and the show.
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281

2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
    Went to U2 in Louisville, used my credit card for entry but other people were using phone.  Guy at the entry who scanned phones or swiped credit cards was immediately printing out small ticket stub to hand you.  Then walked further to area labeled GA to get wrist bands to have to get onto the field.  Showed them the ticket stub and wrist band and was on the floor.  Could easily have swapped tickets with someone before getting the GA wrist bands.  Don’t know if this would work for Tenclub tickets or not.  But it does guarantee that only people attending the concert would be swapping tickets and not scalpers.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,699
    bbiggs said:
    Poncier said:

I think you can still make this work.  Example:  wife wins GA...you win reserved.  You plan to join wife in GA.  You list 2 reserved seats for sale in Lost Dogs. Buyers/ 10C members meet you and wife in front of venue.  Wife transfers GA ticket to buyer A. You transfer reserved ticket to buyer B. You all walk in and split up to your respective sections. 

The problem here is GA will likely have a separate entrance, and people will get wristbanded upon entry, so if that's the case your described scenario won't work.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    bbiggs said:
    Poncier said:

The problem here is GA will likely have a separate entrance, and people will get wristbanded upon entry, so if that's the case your described scenario won't work.
    Good point.  Depends on where GA wristbands are issued.  If it is once you’re in the stadium, it can work.  If it’s at the first “gate keeper,” it wouldn’t work unless you exchanged phones with one of the other buyers temporarily until everyone got in. That would obviously be a pain in the ass. I like the new ticket system in some ways but dislike it for this reason. 
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 657
    bbiggs said:
    Poncier said:
    bbiggs said:
    Poncier said:

Good point.  Depends on where GA wristbands are issued.  If it is once you’re in the stadium, it can work.  If it’s at the first “gate keeper,” it wouldn’t work unless you exchanged phones with one of the other buyers temporarily until everyone got in. That would obviously be a pain in the ass. I like the new ticket system in some ways but dislike it for this reason. 
    Other potential problem is if they check ID’s too. It will prevent giving someone your phone
  • bbiggs said:
    Poncier said:

My Question is that GA has it's own separate entrance and they will not allow 2 member to walk in the same gate as me and my wife. With that theory they will not allow 2 reserved ticket holders to walk in the GA entrance. As if I am assuming they do it as they always done. I stand in line all day and I don't see the ticket people allowing 2 reserve tickets to be scanned in at the GA entrance. To me It still isn't adding up. They wont allow it to happen. They go through a very strict checking process for that GA line and the new policy does not allow this scenario to pan out for people that don't score tickets. 
    6/27/06 St. Paul**MN
    11/16/13 OKC**OK
    10/09/14 Lincoln**NE
    10/19/14 St. Paul**MN
    5/02/16 NYC**MSG #2
    4/2/20 Nashville**TN 
    4/4/20 St. Louis**MO 

• jdopj said:
    bbiggs said:
    Poncier said:
    bbiggs said:
    Poncier said:

Other potential problem is if they check ID’s too. It will prevent giving someone your phone
    That was exactly the only thing I thought of as well. Nothing like giving someone your phone for 3 hours you just met or don't know. This will be a disaster. 
    6/27/06 St. Paul**MN
    11/16/13 OKC**OK
    10/09/14 Lincoln**NE
    10/19/14 St. Paul**MN
    5/02/16 NYC**MSG #2
    4/2/20 Nashville**TN 
    4/4/20 St. Louis**MO 

• BCBABCBA Posts: 220
    Its not a disaster.  Just buy tickets you need/are going to use.  These policies were put into place so people stopped buying more than they were using trying to increase their chances in the lottery, and/or parlaying extras into premium seats at more shows.  
  • BCBA said:
    Its not a disaster.  Just buy tickets you need/are going to use.  These policies were put into place so people stopped buying more than they were using trying to increase their chances in the lottery, and/or parlaying extras into premium seats at more shows.  
    It's not if you win all 4 of GA/ or all 4 Reserved. It becomes a disaster if you win 1 set of GA and 1 Set of Reserve. 
    6/27/06 St. Paul**MN
    11/16/13 OKC**OK
    10/09/14 Lincoln**NE
    10/19/14 St. Paul**MN
    5/02/16 NYC**MSG #2
    4/2/20 Nashville**TN 
    4/4/20 St. Louis**MO 

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,678
    why would someone buy a set of each to a show?  My wife and I are going and we are purchasing 1 pair.  I don't need to swap phones, IDs, wear disguises, worry about lines, etc.  

I cant think of a scenario where we would want/need 2 pairs.  We are putting in for GA and reserved.  They don't give both.  One, or the other, or none.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,430
    Do not put yourself in a position that you can win too many tickets and take away from someone that wanted to go but can't because you won GA and reserved for the same show and then eating a ticket. You are also now possibly splitting up a couple that wanted to go together but will take anything to get in the building thus grabbing a single. If you have a ticket buddy and are only going to one show and you want better odds both put down for GA or just have one put down for GA then reserved. If you both win GA you are still taking away from someone else but at least you can sell it off as a pair on here. 
    I went 0-for-2 on Fenway last time with my 1 account. Still got in to both shows thanks to a generous girlfriend and the 10C second chance sale. My reaction was not to open more accounts for a better chance the next time.

Zero sympathy for ticket hogs. The more people who feel the *need* for multiple entries, the lower overall odds get. Becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. I'm on board with anything 10C does to disincentivize that behavior.
  • Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    I think I should be in GA every show
    I think I should be in GA every show
    +1 (pair)
  • SeaSea Posts: 3,013
    bbiggs said:
    Poncier said:

Ah, no, you don't. Please see the rules.

- Members may not purchase a pair of tickets with the intentions of giving both away or reselling a ticket pair. The fan club member whose name was drawn for the tickets is expected to attend. No exceptions.

- The Ten Club member whose account was used to purchase the tickets is the ticket holder. You may not purchase a pair of tickets with the intentions of giving away or reselling both tickets. No exceptions.

• KC138045KC138045 Posts: 2,716
    Sea said:
    bbiggs said:
    Poncier said:

- Members may not purchase a pair of tickets with the intentions of giving both away or reselling a ticket pair. The fan club member whose name was drawn for the tickets is expected to attend. No exceptions.

- The Ten Club member whose account was used to purchase the tickets is the ticket holder. You may not purchase a pair of tickets with the intentions of giving away or reselling both tickets. No exceptions.

Thanks Sea!  My one worry is people trying to cheat the system and they're end up being empty seats.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Thanks Sea!  My one worry is people trying to cheat the system and they're end up being empty seats.

I'm a member & my friend is a member.  We're hoping to buy Fan Club tickets as opposed to scalper / Ticketmaster tickets.  How is this cheating?
    Sea said:
    bbiggs said:
    Poncier said:

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,678
    edited February 2018
    Thanks Sea!  My one worry is people trying to cheat the system and they're end up being empty seats.

I'm a member & my friend is a member.  We're hoping to buy Fan Club tickets as opposed to scalper / Ticketmaster tickets.  How is this cheating?
    "entering the lottery" is actually "buying tickets".  If both of you purchase 10c tickets, one of you is buying a pair with no intention of using the tickets (if you are planning on attending the show together).

10c has tightened up the policy because this aspect of buying tickets was being abused.  I wonder if some of the increased price has something to do with this.  They dont want people swapping or selling (even for face value) extra pairs of 10c tickets.  Extra pairs should not exist barring some sort of health or logistical issue.
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • KC138045KC138045 Posts: 2,716

It's not necessarily cheating but if you both put in for the same show and both end up with reserved thats a pair of tickets that will go to waste.  Assuming you and your friend plan to go together.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,272
    I would have no problem if they did a limit of 1 per household or something, so a couple could both enter and only 1 could win. Paying for 2 memberships and put in for 2 chances seems fair. It is the fact they they are putting in for more tickets than they intend to use that is the problem. Win 4, but only intend to use 2 is defeating the whole intention of this anti-scalper system.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,894
    edited February 2018
    mace1229 said:
    I would have no problem if they did a limit of 1 per household or something, so a couple could both enter and only 1 could win. Paying for 2 memberships and put in for 2 chances seems fair. It is the fact they they are putting in for more tickets than they intend to use that is the problem. Win 4, but only intend to use 2 is defeating the whole intention of this anti-scalper system.
    But that wouldn't be fair for couples who each want to bring a friend. They have as much a right to do that as any of us.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RBAlive2727RBAlive2727 Posts: 97
    edited February 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    But that wouldn't be fair for couples who each want to bring a friend. They have as much a right to do that as any of us.
    That is exactly what we are doing. I am planning on bring my little brother who is 21 and in College and simply can't afford it yet. But this will be his 1st PJ show and without the capability of being able to transfer both tickets it will essentially eliminate him from experiencing one of the greatest events ever. I would not just transfer 1 ticket to him in reserve while me and my wife go to GA and certainly wouldn't leave my wife by herself as well. I am not looking to waste tickets I am looking to bring friends/family that have never seen PJ live and I have the right to do that. With this new policy if my wife and I split the 2 GA and 2 Reserve i will essentially be looking for someone the day of the concert to buy 1 ticket from me while my brother and friend  would just not be able to go. It sucks big time. 
    Post edited by RBAlive2727 on
    6/27/06 St. Paul**MN
    11/16/13 OKC**OK
    10/09/14 Lincoln**NE
    10/19/14 St. Paul**MN
    5/02/16 NYC**MSG #2
    4/2/20 Nashville**TN 
    4/4/20 St. Louis**MO 

Sea said:
    bbiggs said:
    Poncier said:

Thank you for pointing this out, Sea.  I understand, appreciate and respect the rules.  What I was suggesting is not someone who buys tickets with intent to sell.  I have 1 ticket buddy. Neither of us are scalpers.  Our primary goal is to get GA tickets at Wrigley.  So, due to the nature of the lottery system, we will both put in selections for those shows, knowing we could end up with nothing or more than we need.  There are a number of possible outcomes.  The least desired outcome would be to have 1 set of GA and 1 set of reserved, because it would prohibit us from both going to GA without eating the reserved tickets.  On the flip side, had we lost GA, we would have gladly used the reserved as a backup, which is why we would include reserved in our selections.  So if we did happen to win one set of each, there was never intent to sell. If the only option is to eat the reserved seats, that would be unfortunate, as my preference would have been to offer them to another 10C member.  It sounds like singles going for tickets can sell their other single, so I don’t see how this is different.  We’re ticket buddies, but essentially 2 “singles” that won tickets and would like to sell our extras.  Again, point taken and I respect the rules.

Thank you.

Brian