Seattle Hotel Rates

JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
Anyone find any good deals?

I got the Hyatt Place for $279 plus tax.

Watch out for very high parking rates!

Comments

• riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,132
    I’d recommend the Ballard area. It’s a 15 minutes drive from downtown but there is tons of free parking and lots of great food and fun shops around 
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,271
    Hotel Seattle $740 canadian for 4 nights
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • quasiquasi Posts: 492
    riley540 said:
    I’d recommend the Ballard area. It’s a 15 minutes drive from downtown but there is tons of free parking and lots of great food and fun shops around 
    Ballad used to have tons of parking 20 years ago but now that it has been gentrified, every street seems to be metered. Every time I drive there I cannot find any free parking anywhere. I would recommend going up north to Northgate which has a major Park and Ride with regular and quick service to downtown Seattle through the bus tunnel which drops you off right near Safeco (International District stop). Also, other than the area around the Northgate Mall, not many of the streets are metered.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,116
    I checked as a Marriott rewards member, the cheapest rate was @ the Renaissance Lake Union... it’s a nice place, my wife & I stayed there last summer, but it was $280 / night & non refundable 24 hours after booking. 

Thats wild, I can usually cancel up to 24 or 48 hours before check in. No Seattle for me this year. 

• ZodZod Posts: 10,532
    I pricelined the StayPineapple Hotel Five for $215 USD a night (before taxes).  Mildly misleading because they tack on a $17/night resort fee after you've won your priceline bid (that you pay when you get there).  Still I couldn't really find much better (except for 1 or 2 star hotels with no AC).

You could try the Moore.  I don't think it shows up on travel website, but you can book it on their own website.   It's an ok hotel.   My biggest gripe when we stayed there was no A/C and opening the window didn't do much of anything.   I know it's Seattle, but the first weeks of August are usually the warmest of the year.
  • just for the heck of it I looked for just one night because I need to be in Toronto the next night day. I saw rooms on booking.com for than $250. I have travel fund money that I need to use before August ends so I just looked out of curiosity.
    Madison Square Garden 05/02/2015 Bucketlist Song Black
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,895
    The Executive Hotel Pacific still has rooms for $257CAD/night, great location. Is there something I don't know?? I amnsurprosed there are still rooms at this place considering the price. I know the rooms are a bit small because it's an historical hotel, but it's got decent ratings....
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,532
    PJ_Soul said:
    The Executive Hotel Pacific still has rooms for $257CAD/night, great location. Is there something I don't know?? I amnsurprosed there are still rooms at this place considering the price. I know the rooms are a bit small because it's an historical hotel, but it's got decent ratings....
    Not that I'm aware of, but when (or I guess where) I was looking had them listed at closer to $300 cdn/night before taxes :(
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    edited January 2018
    Man, I'm almost tempted to setup a temporary AirBNB for these concerts. I'm outside of city limits but there are tons of buses available. For those still searching, maybe try widening your net? If you rent a car, there are places north on I-5 or east on 520 (major roadways) that are going for 100/night between 8/7-8/11. There's going to be traffic, but it may be worthwhile.
    Post edited by Lukin66 on
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    edited January 2018
    Seattle is always expensive in the summer. I booked right after the leaked dates and got $190 a night, almost the best rate I’ve ever gotten in the Seattle summer time and I spend about 2-3 weeks a year there for work. This is at the Arctic Club by the way so I can walk to/from shows and then Uber/Lyft around during the days/nights. 
    Post edited by choop on
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    How is the parking near the venue.....enough spaces for all attendees?
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    edited January 2018
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    How is the parking near the venue.....enough spaces for all attendees?
    There are two big parking garages for Safeco and the Clink, along with street/lot parking. Expect to pay out the nose in any scenario; I've seen $50 rates for lot parking during Seahawk games. Also keep in mind that there will be a lot of surface driving on crowded, narrow roads if you come from anywhere besides right off the freeway. If you stay within the downtown core I would strongly recommend some other type of transit. 
    Post edited by Lukin66 on
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,895
    edited January 2018
    Zod said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Not that I'm aware of, but when (or I guess where) I was looking had them listed at closer to $300 cdn/night before taxes :(
    I think it's actually right by the one you booked actually - like maybe a few blocks? Right next to the central library. :)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata