Options

Wow, you people near Boston and Chicago who've had to wait a whole two years to see the band...

2»

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    2019 tour will start in whaaa whaa whaaa city and end in boo hooo hooo town ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    RP112579 said:
    They've played 3 shows in Chicago in the last 8 years. It's not exactly a residency.
    Technically you are right... but..,

2006 - 2 shows at the UC
    2007 - Lolla and the Vic
    2008 - EV solo?
    2009 - 2 shows at the UC
    2011 - PJ 20 and EV Solo (x2)
    2013 - Wrigley
    2014 - Moline and Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Wrigley x 2

And I’m just going off the top of my head. There have been other shows too. Pete Townsend/Hot Stove charity shows with EV.

Im from Chicago. So im definitely not complaining
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,794
    Yep.  Hope to see you at one of these shows and buy you a drink!
    I would welcome that. Maybe we could reminisce of the days when (f)USC cheated (pushed) their way all the way to a National Championship game. Thank goodness for Vince Young putting a stop to all that!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Yep.  Hope to see you at one of these shows and buy you a drink!
    I would welcome that. Maybe we could reminisce of the days when (f)USC cheated (pushed) their way all the way to a National Championship game. Thank goodness for Vince Young putting a stop to all that!
    :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    DW139059DW139059 Posts: 353
    At least they havent sworn off playing in yer state until further notice due to some cockamamie bill/ law...!    :s
    Charlotte '96
    Raleigh '03
    Charlotte '13
    Cincinnati '14
    Greenville '16, Columbia '16
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,794
    Sorry, still bitter. But that was an exceptionally fun game to watch.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    I put a bootleg on nowadays and tape a rolling stone cover to my tv.   it sounds like I’m two fucking feet away from them!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited January 2018
    I don't live out there but if I lived in San Francisco I'd take a road trip up to Seattle and see them.
    It's only a 12-hour Drive.
    Hell, make plans leave at 4 in the morning with a few stops here in there you'd be there by 7 @ night easy.  It's a little over 800 miles.
    The guy next to me last time at Wrigley Field was from Alaska where Pearl Jam has never played, so he obviously saved his pennies, made plans and came all the way on out to Chicago.
    It can be done man.
    Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    OP, save up for next time or road trip to Seattle. Trust me, it is well worth it. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,930
    I always feel bad for people who don't get to see a show but you lose me when you transfer that disappointment and anger onto cities and people who do get shows. It's petty.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    PB11041 said:
    ...will finally get another chance! Can you believe it, after all this time, the boys are coming back!
    Meanwhile, those of us in the S.F. Bay Area who can't afford in time or money to travel to another state to see the band, and haven't seen them in five years (and counting) will just look at the setlist in envy yet again. Sure glad I'm paying to be in the 10 club so I can buy good seats when they come back here in 2024!
    MEANWHILE THOSE PEOPLE IN FINLAND WHO CAN'T AFFORD IN TIME OR MONEY TO TRAVEL HASN'T SEEN THEM SINCE 1993. SINCE THE YEAR JURASSIC PARK WAS RELEASED. NINITEYNINTEYTHREE. 

OR THOSE PEOPLE IN KONGO* WHO WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO SEE THEM? EVER. EVER. EVER.

Show some respect to the people of Kongo. Waiting five years? Plz. And you got Temple of the Dog. DID KONGO GET TEMPLE OF THE DOG?

* Change Kongo to "Alaska" if you want to keep it to the US because PJ is a 'murican band

:)
    Image result for stone gossard gif
    Oh.
    You said Kongo, not Bongos.
    LMAO That's awesome!
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    DW139059 said:
    At least they havent sworn off playing in yer state until further notice due to some cockamamie bill/ law...!    :s

and cancelled and didn't make up the show.

C'mon PJ!! get your ass back to NC!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    I always feel bad for people who don't get to see a show but you lose me when you transfer that disappointment and anger onto cities and people who do get shows. It's petty.
    My anger (and I'd really call it disappointment) is with the band (or perhaps management, whomever), not at all with the cities and people near Chicago or Boston. I have nothing but envy and I hope they get great shows! 
  • Options
    1upstate1upstate near Syracuse NY Posts: 201
    We're pretty darn fortunate they are still a band, still touring, and still kicking ass while doing it. 
    perfect response
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"