Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,587
    edited October 2019

Kaunus, Lithuania?

Edit:  Not sure if this meets the airport requirement (only two destinations). 

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    Really struggling with the city that's only connected to 2 countries that's a puzzle 
    And it’s got to be a location that’s a two hours train ride away from an airport! 120 Euros is quite a bit within Europe so nr 3 is not a very big airport. And it’s got to be a bit of a distance for it to be worth a flight. Or the train connection sucks. Or Dimi doesn’t like going by train ;)
  • Options
    ^^^I am entirely lost now.  =)
    :lol:Same here.
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.

• Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,027
    edited October 2019
    JPPJ84 said:
    Really struggling with the city that's only connected to 2 countries that's a puzzle 
    And it’s got to be a location that’s a two hours train ride away from an airport! 120 Euros is quite a bit within Europe so nr 3 is not a very big airport. And it’s got to be a bit of a distance for it to be worth a flight. Or the train connection sucks. Or Dimi doesn’t like going by train ;)

No, there is an airport in city 1, but it has only connections to two countries:

- " its fucked up..its gonna be taugh to go to first showfrom greece and other european  cities too only 2 countiies connect wth that airport.."

From city 1 to city 2, you first need to take a 2 hour train to another city, then flight (seems you can not use the airport in city 1 for this connection)

- "from   1 st place  ,to go  second needs train to other city for 2 hours  and then flight,"

From city 2 to city 3 direct flights, but not that cheap:

- Bewteen 2-3 there  are direct flight,over 120 euros the cheaper.. its gonna be expensiive!!but its pj,,we have to go!

Post edited by mrk2 on
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    ^^^I am entirely lost now.  =)
    :lol:Same here.
    Europe is fun!!! =)
  • Options
    mrk2 said:
    JPPJ84 said:

No, there is an airport in city 1, but it has only connections to two countries:

- " its fucked up..its gonna be taugh to go to first showfrom greece and other european  cities too only 2 countiies connect wth that airport.."

From city 1 to city 2, you first need to take a 2 hour train to a bigger city, then flight:

- "from   1 st place  ,to go  second needs train to other city for 2 hours  and then flight,"

From city 2 to city 3 direct flights, but not that cheap:

- Bewteen 2-3 there  are direct flight,over 120 euros the cheaper.. its gonna be expensiive!!but its pj,,we have to go!

Just what I’m saying. Oh, yes sorry, I started with city 2 right away ;)
  • Options
    Think I've figured out the first one from dimi clues but I'll leave it to him to say when hes ready 
  • Options
    Think I've figured out the first one from dimi clues but I'll leave it to him to say when hes ready 
    Pffft, I‘ve got them all figured out but I‘ll leave it to him to say when he‘s ready! jk 
  • Options
    sloveniaslovenia Posts: 102
    JPPJ84 said:
    i took his comment as the 2nd city is a 2hr train ride from the 1st city, not that the venue is 2hr train from airport.
    Trieste, Ljubljana, Budapest?  I only looked quickly but from what I found, only direct flights to Trieste seem to be from germany and spain.
  • Options
    slovenia said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    i took his comment as the 2nd city is a 2hr train ride from the 1st city, not that the venue is 2hr train from airport.
    Trieste, Ljubljana, Budapest?  I only looked quickly but from what I found, only direct flights to Trieste seem to be from germany and spain.
    Hmm 🤷🏼‍♀️ But it‘s not from Berlin so that may make it unlikely. 
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    Pffft, I‘ve got them all figured out but I‘ll leave it to him to say when he‘s ready! jk 
    😁😁
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    slovenia said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Hmm 🤷🏼‍♀️ But it‘s not from Berlin so that may make it unlikely. 
    we'll see.  the Ljubljana show is just a wish for me.  they won't play there.
  • Options
    radarradar Posts: 770
    So Trieste. Then two hours train to Venice and flight to City#2. 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    They played Trieste in 2014.  This can't be a "spicy" city for this tour. 
  • Options
    radar said:
    spicy 3 in 2014. 
    Trieste, Vienna, …?   
  • Options
    RE658041RE658041 Sweden Posts: 401
    So Stockholm is confirmed?
  • Options
    JimminezJimminez Posts: 217
    edited October 2019
    radar said:
    Trieste does seem to be a good guess as I only see flights from Munich and Rome and is a 2 hr train ride to Venice. 

Just I read Dimi’s hint as city #2 is a 2 hr train ride from #1 and then flight from #2 to #3

but guessing myself 
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • Options
    slovenia said:
    radar said:
    spicy 3 in 2014. 
    Trieste, Vienna, …?   
    Is there a big enough indoor arena in Trieste? If I remember right the show in 2014 was outdoor? 
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    lellopjlellopj Posts: 233
    so if imola is july 5th and then three shows in the east... no festivals in the weekends july 9-12... so neither mad cool or nos alive?!?
    no matter how cold the winter there's a springtime ahead
  • Options
    dankind said:

This should be on the short list.  Lodz. 
  • Options
    AponeApone Posts: 582
    Jimminez said:
    radar said:
    Trieste does seem to be a good guess as I only see flights from Munich and Rome and is a 2 hr train ride to Venice. 

Just I read Dimi’s hint as city #2 is a 2 hr train ride from #1 and then flight from #2 to #3

but guessing myself 
    Trieste airport website also says daily flights to London Stanstead airport so not sure this is correct?
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    AponeApone Posts: 582
    Apone said:
    Jimminez said:
    radar said:

but guessing myself 
    Trieste airport website also says daily flights to London Stanstead airport so not sure this is correct?
    And Valencia 
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    JimminezJimminez Posts: 217
    Apone said:
    Jimminez said:
    radar said:

but guessing myself 
    Oh well. 
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • Options
    one_stoneone_stone Posts: 291
    slovenia said:
    radar said:
    spicy 3 in 2014. 
    Trieste, Vienna, …?   
    Hmmm ... Trieste has no indoor arena as far as I know (show after Imola is indoor according to Dimi). I would have almost bet that the show after Imola takes place in Ljubljana. If you look at hotels there the 5 star intercontinental which might accommodate the band is pretty much booked out for 7 July - 9 July plus it fits the direction and when you exclude everything dimi has already excluded, its one of the few options that remain. But the airport there definitely serves more than 2 countries. So back to the start :)
  • Options
    radarradar Posts: 770
    one_stone said:
    slovenia said:
    radar said:
    spicy 3 in 2014. 
    Trieste, Vienna, …?   
    Hmmm ... Trieste has no indoor arena as far as I know (show after Imola is indoor according to Dimi). I would have almost bet that the show after Imola takes place in Ljubljana. If you look at hotels there the 5 star intercontinental which might accommodate the band is pretty much booked out for 7 July - 9 July plus it fits the direction and when you exclude everything dimi has already excluded, its one of the few options that remain. But the airport there definitely serves more than 2 countries. So back to the start :)
    Same with Zagreb. Much more than two counties served from the airport 
  • Options
    lodz too
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    What about Brno? Their airport only seems to have London and Milan as European destinations.
     It’s pretty close to Prague and Vienna for the next airport.
    Although the arena hardly holds 8.000
    Post edited by JPPJ84 on
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    What about Brno? Their airport only seems to have London and Milan as European destinations.
    flight to berlin too...
  • Options
    lellopj said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    flight to berlin too...
    Damn