Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    RP112579 said:
    Another round of randomly name every country in Europe, this morning.
    Just stop.
    You know you'll do the same with every single US region once that tour is shaping up ;)
    Nah, I was dead set on foing to see them in Ireland next summer. But that appears to not be happening. So, now I'm looking for the next option and playing along like everyone else. I do know that I don't want a festival date.

He's telling us what he can as it's designed for him to do so. Whenever he gets his info, clearly knows and approves of it. So, let's be grateful we can at least start trying to look into logistics sooner than most. Based on the limited info we get.

Right now, there is a wave of excitement building. If there were no teasers and everything were announced out of the blue, it'd be an all out frenzy. And for the small number of fans that use these boards, it gives us something to do. 
    I think over the last few weeks he’s pretty much indicated something somewhere on 6/23 and 6/26 as well as now Werchter and Italy in early July as well as someplace northeast of Italy next, and one show at one point in the Netherlands.  So yes these are good clues to start thinking about booking time off etc.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    If they tour America great if they don’t so be it , I’ll be ok with just new music...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    If Trump is impeached, would that change anything about the rumored VFC-style US tour?
  • Options

My guess, Tour kick off 16. june at Ziggo Dome
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    mcgruff10 said:
    RP112579 said:
    Just stop.
    Liechtenstein!
    I'm going with the full on principality tour...

Andorra, Liechtenstein, Malta, Monaco, San Marino, and Vatican City.
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,445

Maybe a bit early with his daughters birthday on the 11th. Someone said it was a five day rehearsal time before a tour start
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,924
    If Trump is impeached, would that change anything about the rumored VFC-style US tour?
    I hope not. Pence is a DANGEROUS mofo. Unfortunately, after Trump, he would appear quite normal to most folks...before bending most of us over and sticking it in. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:

Maybe a bit early with his daughters birthday on the 11th. Someone said it was a five day rehearsal time before a tour start
    In 2018 the euro tour started 12. june
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    RP112579 said:
    Just stop.
    You know you'll do the same with every single US region once that tour is shaping up ;)
    Nah, I was dead set on foing to see them in Ireland next summer. But that appears to not be happening. So, now I'm looking for the next option and playing along like everyone else. I do know that I don't want a festival date.

He's telling us what he can as it's designed for him to do so. Whenever he gets his info, clearly knows and approves of it. So, let's be grateful we can at least start trying to look into logistics sooner than most. Based on the limited info we get.

Right now, there is a wave of excitement building. If there were no teasers and everything were announced out of the blue, it'd be an all out frenzy. And for the small number of fans that use these boards, it gives us something to do. 
    Werchter might be interesting. It’s well accessible and you can easily stay in a room close by
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:

Yeah but that wasn’t her 16th. Ed specifically said he won’t want to miss her birthday next year (apparently 16 is special in the US)
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    Mike Pence would need to be stopped. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    No, we still have to win the election.  The entire party is Trumpian now.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:

Yeah but that wasn’t her 16th. Ed specifically said he won’t want to miss her birthday next year (apparently 16 is special in the US)
    Big enough to get a dedicated horror movie.

(Easy to say things from a stage a year ahead of the actual events and whatever happens then)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,415
    No. There's always a bogeyman. The only question is if he's removed from office early enough to change the caricatures on all the merch.
  • Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 523
    Oh no!
     no worries u can go northeast of italy,.,or anywhere east of ireland,.,alot of options!hehe
    I'll be in Austria, that's NE, if they make it there great. If not I'll see them state side.
  • Options
    davidosdavidos Posts: 471
    My guess:
    Album - May 2020
    Euro tour June/July 2020 (~10 - 15 dates)
    US East Coast - Sept/Oct (~10 - 15 dates)
    2 weeks off
    US West Coast - Oct/Nov (~12 dates + PJ 30 residency Seattle - 4 dates)
    Australia Jan/Feb 2021
  • Options
    retroretro Posts: 117
    one_stone said:
    mrk2 said:
    Are there many shows scheduled after Imola?
    From the current rumours Imola should be somewhere in the middle of the tour... For me the more interesting question is if they go north or southwards after Imola...?
     Of I'm not mistaken with my geography is northeast of Imola the next show, indoors. 
    They're really catching up on the cancelled show in Innsbruck? Great  =)
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 929
    davidos said:
    My guess:
    Album - May 2020
    2 weeks off
    Australia Jan/Feb 2021

Hoping youre right other than flipping US West Coast/SW in the spring around album release.  Seattle residency is coming just not sure this year or next.  Probably aligns with Key Arena reno.

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    No. There's always a bogeyman. The only question is if he's removed from office early enough to change the caricatures on all the merch.
    The only way Donald Trump is a "bogeyman" is, if it's by Dr Loomis definition:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    wbutler29 said:
    davidos said:
    My guess:
    Album - May 2020
    2 weeks off
    Australia Jan/Feb 2021

Hoping youre right other than flipping US West Coast/SW in the spring around album release.  Seattle residency is coming just not sure this year or next.  Probably aligns with Key Arena reno.

The Seattle Arena renovation won't be complete until spring 2021. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    jeffbr said:
    wbutler29 said:
    davidos said:
    My guess:
    Album - May 2020
    2 weeks off
    Australia Jan/Feb 2021

Seems so far away, yet that is only a year and a half from now. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Edved007Edved007 Milwaukee, WI Posts: 1,028
    Imola 5th july, Vienna 7th july, Budapest 8th july 😎
     its not how it goes..
    ps. the 3 spicy is the best 3 in the row  shows  in europe the last 15 years and vienna isnt in those 3 shows.go figure.,
    I'll book this trip for these 3 shows blind!!  I'd book flights right now if I knew where I had to book the tickets to, haha. These will be my 3 shows next summer.  After doing the Prague, Krakow, Berlin run last year, I know what's up....
    95' - 7/9
    98' - 6/26, 6/27, 6/29, 8/26, 9/22
    03' - 4/25
    06' - 6/29, 6/30
    07' - 8/05
    09' - 8/23
    11' - 9/03, 9/04
    12' - 9/30
    13' - 7/16, 7/19, 10/21, 10/22, 11/15, 11/16, 12/06
    14' - 06/28, 06/29, 10/1, 10/03, 10/16, 10/17, 10/20, 10/22
    15' - 11/20, 11/22
    16' - 4/21, 4/26, 4/28, 4/29, 5/1, 5/2, 7/9, 8/5, 8/7, 8/20, 8/22
    17' - 4/7
    18' - 7/1, 7/3, 7/5, 8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20, 9/4
    21' - 10/1, 10/2
    22' - 7/12, 7/14, 9/6, 9/8
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    Edved007 said:
     its not how it goes..
    ps. the 3 spicy is the best 3 in the row  shows  in europe the last 15 years and vienna isnt in those 3 shows.go figure.,
    I'll book this trip for these 3 shows blind!!  I'd book flights right now if I knew where I had to book the tickets to, haha. These will be my 3 shows next summer.  After doing the Prague, Krakow, Berlin run last year, I know what's up....
        yep,thoise 3 are no brainer,,is a must go
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,378
    jeffbr said:
    wbutler29 said:
    davidos said:
    My guess:
    Album - May 2020
    2 weeks off
    Australia Jan/Feb 2021

Where are the Sonics playing until then?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Edved007 said:
     its not how it goes..
        yep,thoise 3 are no brainer,,is a must go
    Is it cheap flight tickets between these 3 destination? Possible to travel by train? 
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Poncier said:
    jeffbr said:
    wbutler29 said:
    davidos said:
    My guess:
    Album - May 2020
    2 weeks off
    Australia Jan/Feb 2021

Where are the Sonics playing until then?

Oklahoma City
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    RP112579 said:
    Just stop.

Werchter might be interesting. It’s well accessible and you can easily stay in a room close by
    What are some of the safest areas over in Europe that also offer some of the best scenery (nature, day hikes, mountains, etc...)?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    RG292419RG292419 Chicago Posts: 79
    I hope not. Pence is a DANGEROUS mofo. Unfortunately, after Trump, he would appear quite normal to most folks...before bending most of us over and sticking it in. 
    Pence is pretty much on the record as a missionary position only guy?
    95 - Soldier Field, 11 - Alpine Valley PJ 20 N2, 13 - Wrigley Field, 16 - Wrigley 1 & 2, 18 - Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    RP112579 said:
    Just stop.

What are some of the safest areas over in Europe that also offer some of the best scenery (nature, day hikes, mountains, etc...)?
    If I say pretty much everywhere that’s not really helpful, is it? ;)
    If you want safety and scenery, go for Scandinavia and the alpine countries (Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Slovenia, Germany, France). Eastern Europe has some beautiful mountains as well. 
  • Options
    Thanks! I've only flown twice and have only left the States once (for Canada. So that really doesn't count). I posses a great lack of knowledge when it comes to world travel.