Options

'The Home Shows' X 'The Away Shows'

Comments

• Options
    So I want to go to Missoula.  I was there in 2012, and it will be the easiest one to get to and take my kid.  I would love to be up in the front GA. Looks like there is an option to enter for both GA (two sections in Missoula, one front, one back) and reserved, 100 level most likely.  You can enter for both but will be picked to buy just one set of 2 tix.  At least by my read.  Any suggestions?  I was just thinking I would enter for both and hope to get the best set I can.  
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    So I want to go to Missoula.  I was there in 2012, and it will be the easiest one to get to and take my kid.  I would love to be up in the front GA. Looks like there is an option to enter for both GA (two sections in Missoula, one front, one back) and reserved, 100 level most likely.  You can enter for both but will be picked to buy just one set of 2 tix.  At least by my read.  Any suggestions?  I was just thinking I would enter for both and hope to get the best set I can.  
    GA is two sections but the front section is 10 club only and the only one that will be available on the draw. If you are bringing your kid I think that is awesome but unless you have rail they will not see a thing and maybe seats would be a better option. That or sit at the back of the 10 club GA and have some room to see. 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,120
    Is there a current odds topic yet?
  • Options
    Is there a current odds topic yet?
    Maybe combine it with the strategy topic? Pretty much go together. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    GA is two sections but the front section is 10 club only and the only one that will be available on the draw. If you are bringing your kid I think that is awesome but unless you have rail they will not see a thing and maybe seats would be a better option. That or sit at the back of the 10 club GA and have some room to see. 
    Thanks.  My kid turns 18 tomorrow and we were fine rushing up to the "Pier" stage at the Gorge for the Foos a couple years ago.  He will want to try for that again, and if we are a bit back, we can deal.  We did that, in the crowd, for Wilco a couple years ago at SV also.  We could still see Nels playing just fine. :)  So, I entered for GA first, reserved second.  I just didn't want to be in the second GA section.  Way pricier than the Fieldhouse in 2012!  But it will be worth it. 
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,506
    That was easy.  Thanks 10C.  Fingers crossed now on securing tickets.
  • Options
    Went very smoothly... thanks guys! 
    CHI N1 GA > CHI N1 RES > CHI N2 GA > CHI N2 RES in that order. Fingers crossed! 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    varty yovarty yo Posts: 105
    Hmmm i think i entered. Filled out info and hit submit. No confirmation email or anything saying so
  • Options
    So If I have three choices to enter say Boston night 1, Boston night 2 and then Seattle Night 2 can I cancel one of them or two of them once the odds go down/ I just dont want to win 3 and then have to pay 800 bucks and only to be able to sell one ticket :(  Please help.... I am new to the lottery
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    So If I have three choices to enter say Boston night 1, Boston night 2 and then Seattle Night 2 can I cancel one of them or two of them once the odds go down/ I just dont want to win 3 and then have to pay 800 bucks and only to be able to sell one ticket :(  Please help.... I am new to the lottery
    Yup. You can cancel anytime before the drawing is held.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    Wouldnt cancelling effect the final drawing though since I am sure it starts over if you submit later?  No?

• Options
    twmillstwmills Milwaukee Posts: 54
    jeffbr said:
    Wouldnt cancelling effect the final drawing though since I am sure it starts over if you submit later?  No?

I don' think it matters when you submit your order. Just as long as you do so before Monday. So if you cancel to rerank, it shouldn't effect your chances.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I know they charge $ 1 to the card but say I put in for 4 shows, like Chi1 GA, Chi2 GA, CHi1 Res , Chi 2 Res.  Do they put a hold on the total amount on my cc?  All 4 shows even though I can only win 2?

I'm asking be/c it says they check to see if you have the funds in there.

Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    edited February 2018
    I would like to go to both shows to Seattle. 
    I am a little bit confused. 
     I need only a pair of tickets to both shows by all means, I can accept either type.
    Can I add Seattle 1 reserved + GA + Seattle 2 reserved + GA?
    Or should I choose only one option in both cases?
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    Ricsard said:
     I need only a pair of tickets to both shows by all means, I can accept either type.
    Put in for all 4 picks for Seattle. You can only win 1 pair per show anyway. Most people put GA first since those are going to be the harder tickets to get but if reserved odds drop down a lot and you just want to get in the building put them first and you will have a lot better odds. 
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    PJNB said:
    Ricsard said:
    Put in for all 4 picks for Seattle. You can only win 1 pair per show anyway. Most people put GA first since those are going to be the harder tickets to get but if reserved odds drop down a lot and you just want to get in the building put them first and you will have a lot better odds. 
    Thanks mate for the comprehensive answer and advice!!! Cheers
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    PJNB said:
     Most people put GA first since those are going to be the harder tickets to get but if reserved odds drop down a lot and you just want to get in the building put them first and you will have a lot better odds. 
    Huh... do we have any confirmation/details anywhere about how the algorythm works? 

So you're saying if I put Reserved as my 2nd choice, and whiff on first choice of GA, I have a lower chance of getting in the building via Reserved ticket, than if I had put Reserved 1st? That somehow doesn't seem right... but If it's been shown to be the case I'd love to know that for sure. 

Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    PJNB said:
     Most people put GA first since those are going to be the harder tickets to get but if reserved odds drop down a lot and you just want to get in the building put them first and you will have a lot better odds. 
    Huh... do we have any confirmation/details anywhere about how the algorythm works? 

So you're saying if I put Reserved as my 2nd choice, and whiff on first choice of GA, I have a lower chance of getting in the building via Reserved ticket, than if I had put Reserved 1st? That somehow doesn't seem right... but If it's been shown to be the case I'd love to know that for sure. 

Yes you will have worse odds if you have reserved as second choice  compared those that have reserved as first choice. This is how it works. All numbers I am using are for examples only.

Lets say there are 10000 GA tickets available. That means since they are sold in pairs only 5000 people can get this as a win. The way they do the draw is they start with 1 city. Lets say Seattle. Lets also say 7500 people put in for GA Night 1 making the odds 5000/7500 = 66.6% which is what we would see on the odds page. Of those 7500 people that put in for it, 4500 put it in as their first pick, 2000 as a second pick, and 1000 as a third. First picks are drawn. Since there is 5000 people that can win tickets and only 4500 people put it in as a first pick they all won their GA picks. So there odds where not 66% but in fact 100%. Now there are 500 spots left so the draw carries over to second priorities. 500/2000 = 25% chance of winning. Once the second draw ends and 500 people get selected it does not carry over to the third round since there are no tickets left to draw for making there true odds 0%.

GA is always done first. Now we do reserved. You now have to factor in all of the people that won GA as there first picks and are now ineligible for the reserved draw making your reserved odds even better then shown.  Also you put it in the first couple picks instead of 3rd and 4th with GA in front of it you are going to be pretty much guaranteed to win your reserved since you are going to be among the first people drawn. It is a gamble to GA first usually but with 10 club securing more seats then ever it may be worth the gamble this time around. Just watch the reserved odds and if they drop a lot(I do not expect this to happen) and you just want to get in the building and not worry about ticketmaster put them up front.
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    Good job PJNB
  • Options
    treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,808
    edited February 2018
    Put in for Chicago for GA on august 18th and 20th 3rd choice seating 18th 4th choice seating on the 20th for Amanda and me hope everyone gets thiers as well good luck jamly
    Post edited by trees on

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • Options
    PJNB:

I am still confused.  Any help would be great.  I am trying to get the best seats as a long time 10c member for both shows.  Was the following done correctly to achieve that or did I do this wrong?  If you don't get GA either night do you get flooded over to Reserved Seating?  I haven't been to a show in 9 years so this all new to me....

The Home Shows X The Away Shows
    PRIORITYDATECITYPRICE/PAIR
    1st ChoiceAugust 08, 2018Seattle, WA - GA Standing$259.00
    2nd ChoiceAugust 10, 2018Seattle, WA - GA Standing$259.00
    3rd ChoiceAugust 08, 2018Seattle, WA - Reserved Seating$259.00
    4th ChoiceAugust 10, 2018Seattle, WA - Reserved Seating$259.00
  • Options
    BB207998 said:
    PJNB:

I am still confused.  Any help would be great.  I am trying to get the best seats as a long time 10c member for both shows.  Was the following done correctly to achieve that or did I do this wrong?  If you don't get GA either night do you get flooded over to Reserved Seating?  I haven't been to a show in 9 years so this all new to me....

This is the best way to have a chance at 2 GA's. If you win one and not the other then what ever show you lost in you will more then likely get your reserved since they have so many tickets this go around. The only thing I would watch out for is if reserved odds dip a lot to maybe put them upfront just to get in the building. Many times for hard to get to shows people have put your method down and got zero tickets. With more tickets going out this time though I do not anticipate this being a problem. 
  • Options
    JvollmanJvollman Posts: 129
    BB207998 said:
    PJNB:

Well if you don't get drawn for with GA, and both nights RES get closed out by people with RES as 1st/2nd priority, then you're SOL.  So there's a risk there....  I'd watch odds and change accordingly.  If you are a long time 10c member, then you will get good RES seats and if you are fine with that, put those 1&2 and you'r chances will go up to get both.
    First - Chicago, Illinois (March 10, 1994) *
    In Between - Chicago (9), East Troy (4) Champaign (1), Noblesville (1), Moline (1)
    Last - Wrigley (August 20, 2016)
  • Options
    Thank you both.  Perhaps the way to go is to flip this and have Reserved Seating for both nights 1st and 2nd choice and GA for both nights 3rd and 4th. 
  • Options
    Original_ShiftyOriginal_Shifty Posts: 208
    edited February 2018
    I don't see the odds? At what point in the process do they appear?
    ---
    Never mind. Now I see the link.....
    Post edited by Original_Shifty on
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I don't see the odds? At what point in the process do they appear?
    ---
    Never mind. Now I see the link.....
    There is a button on the top left of the ticket draw page.  You have to click it to see the odds.  So far Chi 18th is dipping the fastest!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Is Chicago field 100% GA or are there reserved seats (ala fenway) behind the pit? Sorry if this has been covered, I've not seen an actual chart. 

• Options
    So as the odds drop. For example chicago the 18th ga is down in the 70s now...can someone explain what that exactly means? The odds of getting a ga ticket are less than 70%? Sorry for possible stupid question lottery is all new for me.
  • Options
    Is Chicago field 100% GA or are there reserved seats (ala fenway) behind the pit? Sorry if this has been covered, I've not seen an actual chart. 
    there are field seats behind GA in Chicago
  • Options
    So as the odds drop. For example chicago the 18th ga is down in the 70s now...can someone explain what that exactly means? The odds of getting a ga ticket are less than 70%? Sorry for possible stupid question lottery is all new for me.
    Look at my long post above.