We Are Back Online!!!!

Comments

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,150
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJNB said:
    It's the give me info now I don't want to look for it myself mentality that drives me nuts there. I try and help people out as much as I can but it gets tiring some of the questions that get asked. Once the lotto opens up it will be even worse. 
    For sure. It is a huge group now too... 65,0000 members or something?? Any FB group that has that many people in it is inevitably going to be a shit show, no matter what mods try to do to keep it under control.
    I had to block that group ages ago 
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJNB said:
    It's the give me info now I don't want to look for it myself mentality that drives me nuts there. I try and help people out as much as I can but it gets tiring some of the questions that get asked. Once the lotto opens up it will be even worse. 
    For sure. It is a huge group now too... 65,0000 members or something?? Any FB group that has that many people in it is inevitably going to be a shit show, no matter what mods try to do to keep it under control.
    I've turned off all notifications but it was fun to have over the weekend.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • whooohooo
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,222
    Glad we are back!  I was lost over the weekend.  The facebook page was going nuts!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,242
    Are we? Were we not ever?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,150
    JimmyV said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJNB said:
    I've turned off all notifications but it was fun to have over the weekend.
    Checking there didn't even cross my mind.  I went to reddit- but its dead over there.  
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,381
    I thought Facebook was just for overpriced raffles and auctions for crappy bootleg merch?
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,430
    Facebook is a great place as well to find extra tickets especially a couple of days before the show. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,894
    RP112579 said:
    I thought Facebook was just for overpriced raffles and auctions for crappy bootleg merch?
    No, there is a ton going on over there. PJNB is right about that being the fastest way to find extra tickets. It's also best for getting rid of spare tickets fast (face value of course), and it's pretty good for making social arrangements around shows as well. Plus it has a lot of your regular fan-based material. Where that group really goes to shit is in the comment threads on just about every post, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,400
    PJ_Soul said:
    RP112579 said:
    No, there is a ton going on over there. PJNB is right about that being the fastest way to find extra tickets. It's also best for getting rid of spare tickets fast (face value of course), and it's pretty good for making social arrangements around shows as well. Plus it has a lot of your regular fan-based material. Where that group really goes to shit is in the comment threads on just about every post, lol.
    Agreed. The comments are ruthless!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Epic fail from ten club..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,481

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,481
    gatorjam said:
    gatorjam said:
    So grateful for the porch forum, I tried out a pearl jam facebook group and it was not pleasant!! 
    The official Pearl Jam ten club members one?
    Yes. The sense of community on the porch forum was missing. 
    It always amused me when PJ changed the forum design a few years ago and a load of people were crying about the bright white colour scheme. The same people took their toys and stormed off to the Facebook forum... even though FB has a mainly white colour scheme
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    RP112579 said:
    I thought Facebook was for 10 year old girls who write who they love on their shoe.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,242
    goldrush said:
    gatorjam said:
    gatorjam said:
    So grateful for the porch forum, I tried out a pearl jam facebook group and it was not pleasant!! 
    It always amused me when PJ changed the forum design a few years ago and a load of people were crying about the bright white colour scheme. The same people took their toys and stormed off to the Facebook forum... even though FB has a mainly white colour scheme
    Didn’t have to do with the color as much as it had to do with repeat bans of the same 10 or so folks who now get to have their jollies over in FB land. Where you can say anything! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,014
    It is ironic that respect is a one way street on here.  We expect the band and Ten Club to act a certain way towards us ( we are paying customers though), but when we know the band wants to keep a tour release quiet or Ed asks for no filming at his shows, we basically say “fuck that” and do what we want.
    The band wants us to keep a tour release quiet?  What are you talking about?  When did the band ever care about the rumor mill?
  • AceCoolAceCool Posts: 455
    I joined that FB group a while back but never go there. In general I can't stand FB for anything other than following the bands I like so I can keep up with tour announcements.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    At first I thought the site was Hacked then I thought maybe they're changing the design of it...
  • ikiTikiT Posts: 11,054
    It was a Trump shutdown...everybody knows it.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Wma31394 said:
    Epic fail from ten club..

Atlanta, GA 8/7/00...Atlanta, GA 4/19/03...Columbia, SC 6/16/08...New Orleans, LA 5/1/10...East Troy, WI 9/3/11... East Troy, WI 9/4/11... Atlanta, GA 9/22/12...Greenville, SC 4/16/16...Nashville, TN 9/16/22
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,844
    CopperTom said:
    It is ironic that respect is a one way street on here.  We expect the band and Ten Club to act a certain way towards us ( we are paying customers though), but when we know the band wants to keep a tour release quiet or Ed asks for no filming at his shows, we basically say “fuck that” and do what we want.
    The band wants us to keep a tour release quiet?  What are you talking about?  When did the band ever care about the rumor mill?

I am not talking about rumor mill.  And based on shutting down the message board for 3 days I would say the band very much does care.  

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    goldrush said:
    gatorjam said:
    gatorjam said:
    I know, right?

Wma31394 said:
    RP112579 said:
    I thought Facebook was for 10 year old girls who write who they love on their shoe.
    It is.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,844
    Wma31394 said:
    RP112579 said:
    It is.
    And for 40 year old married people to rekindle romance with their old high school girlfriend. 
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    edited January 2018
    Tiki said:
    It was a Trump shutdown...everybody knows it.
    That’s the word on the street...all national monuments, including the Ten Club were shut down.
  • bbiggs said:
    Did they really shut down the forum all weekend because they messed up their own announcement???
    Yes sir. 
    I found it quite annoying. I mean it was more out of principle than anything. Lock out the paying members with nothe even a "be back on Monday" comment after their own botched job. Just seemed quite unprofessional to me.

Still gonna try for Wrigley tickets though!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    bbiggs said:
    Did they really shut down the forum all weekend because they messed up their own announcement???
    Yes sir. 
    I found it quite annoying. I mean it was more out of principle than anything. Lock out the paying members with nothe even a "be back on Monday" comment after their own botched job. Just seemed quite unprofessional to me.

Still gonna try for Wrigley tickets though!
    Yeah I think others have said it too that it was pretty amateur. I agree. Whatever though. I strangely found it kind of refreshing to be locked out of the forum.  I was so much more productive for those few days. LOL 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,272
    edited January 2018
    I was only annoyed because this was the page that was open on my computer, and when it wouldn't load I went and double checked that I paid the internet bill.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • PJ_Soul said:
    RP112579 said:
    what this smart woman said
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    I barely check the forum on the weekends. Didn't miss much apparently.