Options

What is the likelyhood of 2017 Vedder tour posters appearing in the shop any time soon?

As someone who lost out at the Hammersmith show,  I've been holding onto the hope the club shop will offer further copies of the sold out posters.  As such I've held off paying the inflated resale prices.
But is it even likely?  Do they have form for doing so in the past?  Are the Club management aware of what happened at the gigs and likely to do anything to reconcile things with the fans?
Of should I drop hundreds of quid on a £25 poster :(

I only collect posters for shows I've seen and this is the first time I've missed out despite arriving in good time.

Any "hope" would be appreciated.

Mike

Comments

• Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    While it's possible that they might end up on this site, it all depends on if they held any back.  Even then, when they might go up is anyone's guess.  I don't know who did the poster, but you could always contact the artist to see if they have any left for sale.
  • Options
    js261067js261067 Posts: 125
    kramer73 said:
    While it's possible that they might end up on this site, it all depends on if they held any back.  Even then, when they might go up is anyone's guess.  I don't know who did the poster, but you could always contact the artist to see if they have any left for sale.
    It was Dan Mumford and it's long sold out. :(
  • Options
    It was disgraceful those people buying piles of them 
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    I have been hoping for a while. If they arent up by the time South American dates start, I would say it’s time to explore purchasing somwhere else. 

Really would like the show edition of the Pittides. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,582
    I need one Berlin please.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    If only Pearl Jam & management put their foot down and took care of this issue of folks buying up more then 2 posters at the merchandise tables. Minds would be blown ...
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    A simple pre-purchase system would work a treat. Buy a poster from the club shop and collect at the show. Demand can’t outstrip supply that way. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,434
    demetrios said:
    If only Pearl Jam & management put their foot down and took care of this issue of folks buying up more then 2 posters at the merchandise tables. Minds would be blown ...
    If we want them to enforce a limit it should be one per person. No one needs more than one poster and it doubles the number of people at a show who can get one.  I get that people buy a second for a friend or to trade with someone but that shouldn’t trump someone who is at the show and actually on line. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    OUTLOOK: NOT LIKELY

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    js261067 said:
    A simple pre-purchase system would work a treat. Buy a poster from the club shop and collect at the show. Demand can’t outstrip supply that way. 
    Great idea
  • Options
    js261067 said:8
    It' a good idea, but I don't think non 10c members should be prevented from buying. I saw one guy buying 10 of each, 10!
  • Options
    js261067 said:8
    It' a good idea, but I don't think non 10c members should be prevented from buying. I saw one guy buying 10 of each, 10!
    That’s my point. If 1000 10c club members pre-buy for a 10,000 capacity show at least they are guaranteed a poster. The club can then Order whatever percentage of additional posters they think might sell. 

Itll never happen but sonething needs needs to be done. 
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited January 2018
    As long as certain posters go for astronomical gains, they will be a commodity that many will try to obtain for the financial investment.

I know it sucks, but as long as people will pay $$$$ on the secondary market it is kinda the game we all have to play in. Why do you think people stand in line for hours for merch? A percentage are trying to finance their next show. I know not everyone, but there are lots.

And I am cool with the 10C pre-order if you win tickets you get to pre-order a poster also..... but don't be in line looking for another the day of the show.... cause I bet LOTS would be.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    MedozK said:
    As long as certain posters go for astronomical gains, they will be a commodity that many will try to obtain for the financial investment.

I know it sucks, but as long as people will pay $$$$ on the secondary market it is kinda the game we all have to play in. Why do you think people stand in line for hours for merch? A percentage are trying to finance their next show. I know not everyone, but there are lots.

And I am cool with the 10C pre-order if you win tickets you get to pre-order a poster also..... but don't be in line looking for another the day of the show.... cause I bet LOTS would be.
    As you say,  all the while demand outstrips supply,  the resale market will always be strong.  but as a FAN club,  one we have to pay to belong to,  to not produce enough material for members to all buy simply isn't "Fair".  Let people buy 10 posters at a time,  then print a load more and stick em in the shop.  When people realise this will happen they'll stop buying the 10 as they know there resale will be list price,  and we all get to remember gigs which,  to some extent,  would have otherwise been spoiled (i know I was SEETHING during the show).

Post edited by js261067 on
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    js261067 said:
    MedozK said:

As you say,  all the while demand outstrips supply,  the resale market will always be strong.  but as a FAN club,  one we have to pay to belong to,  to not produce enough material for members to all buy simply isn't "Fair".  Let people buy 10 posters at a time,  then print a load more and stick em in the shop.  When people realise this will happen they'll stop buying the 10 as they know there resale will be list price,  and we all get to remember gigs which,  to some extent,  would have otherwise been spoiled (i know I was SEETHING during the show).

I hear you completely, but the main focus for any artist these days is to sell their stock......If they print 2000 posters and enforce a one per person limit they risk being left with a 1000 prints they cannot sell. Their goal is to move as much as possible in that short time before a show. I know in a perfect world they would take care of every fan and make sure they leave happy, but I understand the logistics do not always make that possible and trying to determine the stock needed to sell a a concert cannot be easy to judge and when applying a limit that can be bought they may be inclined to print less, which wouldnt actually solve the problem 

Each tour will always have that one must have poster, and whilst that one will always sell out, the artist doesnt want 12 other shows posters whereby they have 1000's of unsold posters......

Its an age old thing that hasnt gone away, and i totally get the frustration on your part, I would be pretty annoyed to but there isnt an easy resolution to it. I saw the crowds at the Hammersmith and it looked awful - I tried to get a few zippos when they were added to the merch after Glens set but the crowds on all three locations were insane. I was thankful i got to the venue really early to get the signed poster otherwise I may have walked away empty handed too. 

Funny thing is I was at a green day show and a bruce Springsteen show not too long ago too, the merch stands were deserted. It seems to be something Pearl Jam have cracked in spectacular fashion and we can only tip our hat to them for that, as no doubt every artist would love the demand that follows our favourite band around. 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    I don’t mind stuff being limited. I actually like that because i collect and hey the rare stuff is fun. I just wish better limits were in place at venues. You have no reason to buy a third or fourth poster.  Two i’m fine with.  Trade it for the next night’s poster, get it for your friend, sell to fund your flight. Whatever.  

I think we’re all a little guilty of wanting a poster or a record a lot more than we normally would just because it’s rare.  There’s a few cases (London 2 is actually
    one of them) when great artwork combines with the already existing nightly merch craze to create insanity.