Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Whiskey Clique

1151617181921»

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 24,057
    Johnny double black.  Delish!

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, ColoradoPosts: 8,231
    Just a warning for you Pappy heads out there....the allocations seem to be almost half or less of what they were last year. Not sure why or if it even effects every state but definitely a lot less.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 12,762
    Just a warning for you Pappy heads out there....the allocations seem to be almost half or less of what they were last year. Not sure why or if it even effects every state but definitely a lot less.
    ...prices going up...
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom'sPosts: 11,096
    I've never had it but something tells me it isn't worth it....
    Remember the Thomas Nine!! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley #1, Wrigley #2, Boston #1, Boston #2
    2020: Oakland1, Oakland2
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 24,057
    From an article I just read:

Buffalo Trace on Tuesday announced that this year’s release of the Van Winkle line will have far fewer bottles of the 20-year-old and the 23-year-old bourbons due to evaporation during the long aging cycle.

The good news? There will be about the same amount of 10, 12 and 15-year bourbons, and there should be more 13-year rye than in previous years, according to the announcement.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 5,521
    It is at retail pricing. Secondary...nope 
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SCPosts: 4,616
    mcgruff10 said:
    From an article I just read:

Buffalo Trace on Tuesday announced that this year’s release of the Van Winkle line will have far fewer bottles of the 20-year-old and the 23-year-old bourbons due to evaporation during the long aging cycle.

The good news? There will be about the same amount of 10, 12 and 15-year bourbons, and there should be more 13-year rye than in previous years, according to the announcement.

Sounds like the angels got more than their fair share.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 24,788
    I have been wanting the Rye.  I've done the 23 and 12 already.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, ColoradoPosts: 8,231
    For you Scotch aficionados...

• mca47mca47 Posts: 12,762
    It is delicious, but not worth secondary prices.

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 5,521
    Got a Weller 12 and 1792 12 Year yesterday.  Very familiar with Weller 12, but first time with the 1792 12 Year.  Had the choice of it, full proof or sweet wheat (I hear the sweet wheat is tasty).  Looking forward to a pour sometime soon.