Options

www,pjcollectors.com - Complete - thank you

124»

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    Once again - thank you to everyone who has helped keep the discography/archive/resource online. We are now good up to 2025. That is better than we ever imagined possible and means we do not have to worry about this for some time. 

There is some work to do updating the site, and uploading new items.........at least we have the domain secured so we can do that moving forward. 

• Options
    Maybe VicSpeed can take the $$ he makes off selling bootleg stickers and pay for the hosting? Just a thought...
    I hate bootlegged stickers...
    Couldnt agree more Chris, 

also T shirts, buttons, zippos, that are designed to confuse with the real thing. You certainly wouldnt find me buying or supporting anything like that, not to mention the amount of fake autographs , and the new theme of copying concert posters. There is a new London Mumford reproduction being touted around that is a really small size, and I just ponder.....why? why try and sell that and who the hell would want it? 

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    pdalowsky said:
    Maybe VicSpeed can take the $$ he makes off selling bootleg stickers and pay for the hosting? Just a thought...

also T shirts, buttons, zippos, that are designed to confuse with the real thing. You certainly wouldnt find me buying or supporting anything like that, not to mention the amount of fake autographs , and the new theme of copying concert posters. There is a new London Mumford reproduction being touted around that is a really small size, and I just ponder.....why? why try and sell that and who the hell would want it? 

the bootleg/fanmade crap has ruined collecting for me.  I now focus on trying to help others with their collections, grails etc and try to collect more memories and experiences (although I can't resist new PJ gutiar picks and EV zippos LOL.  (Its a little easier to navigate through the fake crap on picks and zippos).  What i don't get is seeing people spend a ton of money on unofficial stuff....why would they want something that someone can just keep printing and doesn't come from the band?
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:

the bootleg/fanmade crap has ruined collecting for me.  I now focus on trying to help others with their collections, grails etc and try to collect more memories and experiences (although I can't resist new PJ gutiar picks and EV zippos LOL.  (Its a little easier to navigate through the fake crap on picks and zippos).  What i don't get is seeing people spend a ton of money on unofficial stuff....why would they want something that someone can just keep printing and doesn't come from the band?
    Baffles me too, very very much. 
  • Options
    I've never paid for a fan-made item, I've only seen them given away.  I don't mind people making a pin or a sticker that is commemorating a special show for them and giving them away.  I think it's pretty cool.  If you are copying official merch or selling your bootleg crap, that's obviously wrong.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    I've never paid for a fan-made item, I've only seen them given away.  I don't mind people making a pin or a sticker that is commemorating a special show for them and giving them away.  I think it's pretty cool.  If you are copying official merch or selling your bootleg crap, that's obviously wrong.
    But that's just as bad - make one for yourself and that's it. 
    Once you start making multiples of these things, even if you're giving them away, they end up being sold and duping people. 
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    pdalowsky said:

pdalowsky said:

Both of you back me up whenever I speak out about fanmade crap and I thank you for that.
  • Options
    nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,432
    Spaced on this - just sent - sorry!
  • Options
    js261067js261067 Posts: 125
    pdalowsky said:

As someone who was at Hammersmith and witnessed people buying half a dozen posters at a time, only to miss out and see the extortionate prices online. I would happily buy a reproduction to hang on my wall and ‘complete’my collection. 

£500 on eBay for a £25 poster that WAS readily available is disgusting. 

Now give ive me a link to the copies or find me an original for a ‘fair’ value. Lol

Mike
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    js261067 said:
    pdalowsky said:

As someone who was at Hammersmith and witnessed people buying half a dozen posters at a time, only to miss out and see the extortionate prices online. I would happily buy a reproduction to hang on my wall and ‘complete’my collection. 

Now give ive me a link to the copies or find me an original for a ‘fair’ value. Lol

Mike
    I gotta say I agree with this. Until the band and/or the management team fix the problem (purchase limits, no more limited shit being put in the shop in the middle of the day), then this will continue. 

Not that I buy any of it anymore anyway, but I can see the draw of wanting the poster and not giving a shit if it came from the band or not. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    js261067 said:
    pdalowsky said:

Mike
    I gotta say I agree with this. Until the band and/or the management team fix the problem (purchase limits, no more limited shit being put in the shop in the middle of the day), then this will continue. 

Not that I buy any of it anymore anyway, but I can see the draw of wanting the poster and not giving a shit if it came from the band or not. 
    I like rarity of certain things, I do.  When it come to the music though I want all of it to readily available.