Options

Lottery - how difficult to win for Europe shows?

2»

Comments

• Options
    The Rock said:
    Most of the GA crowds for PJ are pretty calm these days. It gets crowded and cramped for sure, but there's very few morons trying to crowd surf or start pushing and shoving.  There's always one or two bad apples who try to ruin it for everyone, but for the most part the GA pit is extremely manageable.
    "Morons" lol. Go check the 1995 tour thread and tell me that everyone who was moshing and crowdsurfing back in the day are "morons." 
  • Options
    CopperTom said:
    The Rock said:
    CopperTom said:
    The Rock said:
    CopperTom said:
    I'm feeling stupid. How do you get to the odds page?
    I get worse and worse indigestion each time I look.
    All the GA shows still show as 99% for me.
    It's bizarro world in terms of odds - the exact opposite of US shows.  I guess that makes me a "Reserved or Bust" guy.  
    Never been to shows in the US - are the odds usually terrible at this stage?
    US: The GA odds get low and the Reserved odds stay high(ish).
    Especially the densely populated Northeast. The GA odds go down to single digits. Wait for the US show announcements for next fall. People will make all their picks for GA and then go bananas with complaining when they don't get tickets.

Two nights in NYC and two nights in Philly. Two options per night. People were putting in those shows as their first 6-7 picks and then losing out on other shows as picks 8 and 9.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    This has probably been asked a billion times but here goes...

Why do the odds seem to start at 99%? Surely if there are more tickets than applicants the odds (at that time) are 100%?
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    This has probably been asked a billion times but here goes...

Why do the odds seem to start at 99%? Surely if there are more tickets than applicants the odds (at that time) are 100%?
    Nothing in life is guaranteed. 
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,978
    Tried for the first time for barcelona seated...lets see
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,258
    The Rock said:
    Most of the GA crowds for PJ are pretty calm these days. It gets crowded and cramped for sure, but there's very few morons trying to crowd surf or start pushing and shoving.  There's always one or two bad apples who try to ruin it for everyone, but for the most part the GA pit is extremely manageable.
    "Morons" lol. Go check the 1995 tour thread and tell me that everyone who was moshing and crowdsurfing back in the day are "morons." 
    I think the post was referring to when your at a modern rock concert where the average age is 35+ and most of those people no longer mosh.  You get that one guy (maybe two) that can't let it go and try moshing amongst a bunch of people that don't want to mosh.    That's what they were referring to as a moron.

It's not like 20+ years ago when we were all much younger, and everyone up front was moshing.   That was a right of passage for being up front :)

• Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,391
    edited December 2017
    Zod said:
    The Rock said:
    I think the post was referring to when your at a modern rock concert where the average age is 35+ and most of those people no longer mosh.  You get that one guy (maybe two) that can't let it go and try moshing amongst a bunch of people that don't want to mosh.    That's what they were referring to as a moron.

It's not like 20+ years ago when we were all much younger, and everyone up front was moshing.   That was a right of passage for being up front :)

Exactly right. I love it when everyone's jumping up and down, but there's a way to do that and have a great time without throwing elbows and jumping on people and kicking people.  One guy doing all that can ruin it for everyone around him.

Also, Amsterdam GA is now at 86%. The only one that seems to be moving :/  I don't want it to go any lower!
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Reserved odds are lower -  bunch of old fogeys you PJ fans!
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Get_Right said:
    There are much less reserved tickets available.
  • Options
    Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    edited December 2017
    Get_Right said:

True! My knees and back aren't what they were when I was 19!
    Post edited by Gingerlou77 on