Options

Lottery - how difficult to win for Europe shows?

Never done any PJ shows outside the USA but my wife and I want to hit a few different dates this summer. Anyway, is the lottery for European shows as difficult to win as it was for this last tour for shows at say Fenway Wrigley and MSG? We are both 10 club members but don't know whether or not we should both put in for tickets for this European tour... if it's really easy to win tickets to the European show dates then just one of us will probably put in for tickets. Of course we'd love GA tickets. Thoughts? Thanks in advance for info and responses.
Dallas Lollapalooza '92
Denton UNT '93
Hartford '10
Worcester 2 '13
Hartford '13
Philly 1 '16
Philly 2 '16
NYC MSG 2 '16
Quebec City '16
Fenway 1 '16
Fenway 2 '16
Wrigley 1 '16
Wrigley 2 '16

Comments

• Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    The odds are available.  See for yourself.
  • Options
    WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 493
    never been to europe (just the UK a long time ago). plan on going to rome and prague shows with seeing some sights inbetween. 

pj is the only band i go see in big venues because i can't stand not being close and SEEING the band. my only GA standing experience with them is way back on the VS. tour. there was an obscene amount of pushing and shoving to be anywhere near the front. i don't want to deal with that again so should i just get seats or is the average age of pj fans now old enough where it'll be a bit calmer at the rome/prague shows?
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • Options
    TigaSefiTigaSefi Posts: 276
    I know Berlin GA people can be rowdy but I have been on the front on many European dates and they aren't THAT bad! You do get some wasters that try and push their way to the front insidiously.
    London 02 18/09/2009 London Hyde Park 25/06/2010 Arras 03/07/2010 Werchter 04/07/2010 Manchester 21/06/2012 Amsterdam 26/06/2012 Stockholm 07/07/2012 Portland 29/11/2013 Spokane 30/11/2013 Amsterdam 16/06/14 Leeds 08/07/14 London 02 Arena 18/06/2018 London 02 Arena 17/07/2018 London Hyde Park 08/07/2022 London Hyde Park 09/07/2022
  • Options

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    I don't see why Europe would be easier, I think it's the same. The odds will change and it's a random drawing anyway.

Amy
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Looking at the odds and having GA still locked in at 99% at all shows tells you it is easier to get into the Euro shows when compared to the big markets in NA. Reserved seating is much harder though with less tickets to go out when compared to the states. 
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,957
    never been to europe (just the UK a long time ago). plan on going to rome an9d prague shows with seeing some sights inbetween. 

pj is the only band i go see in big venues because i can't stand not being close and SEEING the band. my only GA standing experience with them is way back on the VS. tour. there was an obscene amount of pushing and shoving to be anywhere near the front. i don't want to deal with that again so should i just get seats or is the average age of pj fans now old enough where it'll be a bit calmer at the rome/prague shows?
    No way will it be as rowdy as the early 90s. If you like a bit of GA action then the first 20 rows or so are good in front of Eddie. A bit further back and it's mainly just people standing relatively still for most songs. Good thing with GA is that you can move to where suits you best. My wife goes in GA with me and we've never had any problems.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    Two questions:
    Are the odds stated only for 1st choices? 
    If 1st choice fails does 2nd choice then have the same status as other 1st choices?
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    I've seen people comment in the past that it's far easier to get tickets in Europe than in the states. Haven't had a chance to do Europe yet myself. Maybe the next tour. That would be a dream trip.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    Two questions:
    Are the odds stated only for 1st choices? 
    If 1st choice fails does 2nd choice then have the same status as other 1st choices?
    1) My impression is that the odds are calculated based on total number of entries. So if you have a selection as your first choice, I'm almost positive your odds are better than what is listed. Because you would have priority over anyone that made that same selection as their #2 or lower selection.

2) No. If your first choice fails, that has zero affect on your later choices. Some people score tickets with all of their top 5 choices, and some fizzle out on their top 5 choices. 
  • Options
    The Tickets Odd Page states:

Ticket Odds are based on the number of members entered in the drawing versus the number of tickets available.
    Odds will change throughout the drawing entry period as the number of entries changes.
  • Options
    Mine is currently 99%. Anyone got previous experience of these lotteries? Hotel and flight booked anyway
  • Options
    cougarric said:
    Mine is currently 99%. Anyone got previous experience of these lotteries? Hotel and flight booked anyway
    99% means it does not matter what priority you put your selection in for you will get it pretty much guaranteed unless that 99% is a true 99% then 1% will miss out. 

If you put in for GA's to every show right now you would win every pick even if it is your 10th choice. 
  • Options
    WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 493
    never been to europe (just the UK a long time ago). plan on going to rome and prague shows with seeing some sights inbetween. 

Sounds good! I just put in for rome and prague ga tickets with seating as my other choices. I'll be on the first few rows, maybe even on the rail! See you guys there!
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,012
    edited December 2017
    PJNB said:
    cougarric said:
    99% means it does not matter what priority you put your selection in for you will get it pretty much guaranteed unless that 99% is a true 99% then 1% will miss out. 

If you put in for GA's to every show right now you would win every pick even if it is your 10th choice. 
    Fuck, should I try for Rome or Berlin too... never been to rome. I've heard they have a colosseum and pasta worth checking out.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    AN dif the chances are 99% maybe one shouldnt try to get 2x tickets too all shows... but instead maybe hook up with someone.. hmm hmm hm h mh knlmdasjkhldasjhkadshjkd m,d.jk m,jm fuck,.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,388
    edited December 2017
    Most of the GA crowds for PJ are pretty calm these days. It gets crowded and cramped for sure, but there's very few morons trying to crowd surf or start pushing and shoving.  There's always one or two bad apples who try to ruin it for everyone, but for the most part the GA pit is extremely manageable.

I did seats for Leeds and was pretty far back for Milton Keynes in 2014, so I'm dying to be back in the thick of it this time :)

p.s. South America... now those crowds are still mental from the looks of things!
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    The Rock said:
    Most of the GA crowds for PJ are pretty calm these days. It gets crowded and cramped for sure, but there's very few morons trying to crowd surf or start pushing and shoving.  There's always one or two bad apples who try to ruin it for everyone, but for the most part the GA pit is extremely manageable.

I did seats for Leeds and was pretty far back for Milton Keynes in 2014, so I'm dying to be back in the thick of it this time :)

p.s. South America... now those crowds are still mental from the looks of things!
    It only takes 1 asshole to negatively impact many, many people.  
  • Options
    CopperTom said:
    The Rock said:

It only takes 1 asshole to negatively impact many, many people.  
    Truer words about a concert crowd has never been spoken.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619
    I'm feeling stupid. How do you get to the odds page?
  • Options
    There was one moron in the crowd near us in Paris back in '06 and for the first few songs he caused major issues. I was against the centre rail that divided the crowd in half, about 20 people or so back. Great view, but he kept trying to jump on top of people to crowd surf, and failing miserably. He kicked me in the head about 4 times and kept trying to push people.

I distinctly remember, during 'Animal', I was hanging right over the rail because he was pushing me so hard and squashing me. A few of us got his candy ass moved back and out of people's way. He was so hammered, it made me wonder if it was even worth showing up. No way would he remember the show the next day.
  • Options
    https://pearljam.com/ten-club/tickets/upcoming-shows  click the gold ticket odds link
  • Options
    I get worse and worse indigestion each time I look.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Much larger GA areas means more GA tickets.
    In past Euro tours, tickets were a lock and you could stroll in less than an HR before start and be 10 deep or so.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    https://pearljam.com/ten-club/tickets/upcoming-shows  click the gold ticket odds link
    Thanks. I wasn't looking in the ten club section. Those high GA percentages are making me want to unload a bunch of cash.
  • Options
    CopperTom said:
    All the GA shows still show as 99% for me.
  • Options
    The Rock said:
    CopperTom said:
    It's bizarro world in terms of odds - the exact opposite of US shows.  I guess that makes me a "Reserved or Bust" guy.  
  • Options
    CopperTom said:
    The Rock said:
    CopperTom said:
    It's bizarro world in terms of odds - the exact opposite of US shows.  I guess that makes me a "Reserved or Bust" guy.  
    Never been to shows in the US - are the odds usually terrible at this stage?
  • Options
    The Rock said:
    CopperTom said:
    The Rock said:
    CopperTom said:
    US: The GA odds get low and the Reserved odds stay high(ish).
  • Options
    CopperTom said:
    The Rock said:
    CopperTom said:
    The Rock said:
    CopperTom said:
    US: The GA odds get low and the Reserved odds stay high(ish).
    Especially the densely populated Northeast. The GA odds go down to single digits. Wait for the US show announcements for next fall. People will make all their picks for GA and then go bananas with complaining when they don't get tickets.