let me talk about how many times PJ has saved my life for a sec

blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
edited November 2017 in The Porch
i'm sure we've all felt this at one time or another.
i live in VA in hampton roads. and considering what type of abuse i survived when i was young the mother tag on daughter and why go as an opener was heart stopping for me. hampton show
that was in april, by oct my house that took me four years to get had been flooded in hurricane matthew. as a person with a disability people have always admire my lust to live independently. little did they know, most of that came from my desire to get away from my narcissistic parents. of course when my house flooded, my first safe place i found, my family did NOTHING. i had one cousin with a big heart but she couldn't do much. in that time in a hotel, i thought of killing myself many times. memories that i had forgotten about my childhood came rushing back. i could not deal with it all. luckily i always had a clue my family was messed up. ... in part thank to PJ lyrics in their first 3 albums. PJ was a constant reminder that it wasn't me. i even got put into a mental hospital because i was surrounded by narcissism and i broke down. i almost did not graduate high school because of it. anyway.... i was driven to find my tribe and i did in my mid 30's. they came to save me from the narcissism and got me back into the house. i'm watching daughter from hampton on youtube and i just felt like posting this. PJ has a gift and we've all been blessed with their music and their hearts.
*~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

Comments

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Good for you, never give up on yourself. PJ saved me too, totally changed the direction in my life. I needed something to embrace passionately and they fit the bill. That was twenty some years ago and I love them more today than ever. Take care and thanks for sharing. 

• ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    PJ nev e r saved my life I'm a goner. But they were the punks i was looking for when i was wearing poison shirts to high school bahahaha. Me the poison guy. Mullet mustache and all. 

Thanks to god for Pearl Jam
  • i'm sure we've all felt this at one time or another.
    i live in VA in hampton roads. and considering what type of abuse i survived when i was young the mother tag on daughter and why go as an opener was heart stopping for me. hampton show
    that was in april, by oct my house that took me four years to get had been flooded in hurricane matthew. as a person with a disability people have always admire my lust to live independently. little did they know, most of that came from my desire to get away from my narcissistic parents. of course when my house flooded, my first safe place i found, my family did NOTHING. i had one cousin with a big heart but she couldn't do much. in that time in a hotel, i thought of killing myself many times. memories that i had forgotten about my childhood came rushing back. i could not deal with it all. luckily i always had a clue my family was messed up. ... in part thank to PJ lyrics in their first 3 albums. PJ was a constant reminder that it wasn't me. i even got put into a mental hospital because i was surrounded by narcissism and i broke down. i almost did not graduate high school because of it. anyway.... i was driven to find my tribe and i did in my mid 30's. they came to save me from the narcissism and got me back into the house. i'm watching daughter from hampton on youtube and i just felt like posting this. PJ has a gift and we've all been blessed with their music and their hearts.
    Powerful stuff.. keep going and play it loud. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • thanks everybody!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*