Pearl Jam-fan Danny Masterson accused of serial rape

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,623
    mickeyrat said:
    The discrepancy to Swedish sentences is big:

"The average sentence in 2013 was 174 months for murder, 90 months for manslaughter and 25 months for rape."

rate of re-offending?
    Sexual crimes (Swedish statistics)

No re-offence: 91%
    Re-offence within the same group of crimes: 3%
    Re-offence to another group of crime: 6%

interesting.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Wonder if he will be able to keep his membership status in both cults.  He can read his own thread on the Forum 😂.  I’m sure Tom Cruise will visit him in the pen 👍
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    The discrepancy to Swedish sentences is big:

"The average sentence in 2013 was 174 months for murder, 90 months for manslaughter and 25 months for rape."

rate of re-offending?
    Sexual crimes (Swedish statistics)

No re-offence: 91%
    Re-offence within the same group of crimes: 3%
    Re-offence to another group of crime: 6%

interesting.
    I think it has a lot to do with the Swedish prison system's focus on rehab and building skills for after-prison life. This contrasts with America's "three hots and a cot" and the idea that we're not just locking you up but we're making sure you're as miserable as possible while you're locked up.

https://thehorizonsun.com/features/2020/12/18/the-swedish-prison-system/
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited September 2023
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Guy got 30 years. 
    I remember listening to him host an hour show on PJ Radio on Sirius about 10 years ago. He mentioned how he had a “good number” because he was an early member of the fan club. 

Obviously the band didn’t know he was a creep, but you think they would have the sense to avoid anyone involved in Scientology. I mean, it’s a cult for chrissakes.

says  a member of this fan club...
    Yeah, I’m a member. I usually avoid responding to snide remarks (especially pointless ones), however I will make it more
    clear for the rest of the readers of this thread. I meant the band should/would avoid giving “celebrity fan” airtime to a Scientologist, not being a member of the 10c. Any logical person would know it would be impossible to know the religious/cult leanings of every member of the 10c
    The joke is that the tenclub is a cult. 
    That it is!  
    See I missed the joke, because I’ve never understood the “cult fan” thing. It’s not a correct definition for being a fan. Cult is defined as a “misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular person or thing”. The key term here is “misplaced”. Being a fan of a rock band is not a misplaced thing in my opinion. It’s a release from the grind of regular life. 

Fanaticism is “filled with excessive and single-minded zeal”. 

There are no negative connotations in being a fan, except that you probably are overzealous. 
    Cult is very negative, particularly as it pertains to cult of personality (Living Colour nailed it) or following something that is just
    plain whack (Scientology, Jehovah’s Witnesses, drinking the Kool Aid, etc.) 

I get it, you call yourselves “cult” members as a joke, but in reality you are just fanatics. Nothing more, nothing less. It’s all harmless. Cults are harmful. 

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Berlin2000Berlin2000 NYC Posts: 160
    If there was a cult I’d follow, it’s fucking PJ! 
    PJ: 2000-6-25: Berlin, GER | 2005-3-18: Seattle, WA | 2006-6-30: Milwaukee, WI | 2009-8-24: Chicago, IL | 2012-7-5: Berlin, GER | 2013-7-19: Chicago, IL | 2014-10-17: Moline, IL | 2014-10-20: Milwaukee, WI | 2016-8-20: Chicago 1, IL | 2016-8-22: Chicago 2, IL | 2018-8-18: Chicago N1 |  2018-8-20: Chicago 2, IL | 2021-9-18: Asbury Park, NJ | 2022-9-11: MSG, NY | 2023-9-5: Chicago, IL |
    EV: 2017-9-2: Dana Point, CA | 2022-2-3: NYC 1, NY | 2022-2-4: NYC 2, NY
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,623
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Guy got 30 years. 
    I remember listening to him host an hour show on PJ Radio on Sirius about 10 years ago. He mentioned how he had a “good number” because he was an early member of the fan club. 

Obviously the band didn’t know he was a creep, but you think they would have the sense to avoid anyone involved in Scientology. I mean, it’s a cult for chrissakes.

Yeah, I’m a member. I usually avoid responding to snide remarks (especially pointless ones), however I will make it more
    clear for the rest of the readers of this thread. I meant the band should/would avoid giving “celebrity fan” airtime to a Scientologist, not being a member of the 10c. Any logical person would know it would be impossible to know the religious/cult leanings of every member of the 10c
    That it is!  
    See I missed the joke, because I’ve never understood the “cult fan” thing. It’s not a correct definition for being a fan. Cult is defined as a “misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular person or thing”. The key term here is “misplaced”. Being a fan of a rock band is not a misplaced thing in my opinion. It’s a release from the grind of regular life. 

There are no negative connotations in being a fan, except that you probably are overzealous. 
    Cult is very negative, particularly as it pertains to cult of personality (Living Colour nailed it) or following something that is just

I get it, you call yourselves “cult” members as a joke, but in reality you are just fanatics. Nothing more, nothing less. It’s all harmless. Cults are harmful. 

you do know fan is short for fanatic , dont you? and can see how fanatic lends it self nicely to cultish behavior? like look at any sports team fanatics. their team can do no wrong etc etc.

its the same for a good chunk of this bands fanatic base. them 5 guys walk on water. ed especially.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Guy got 30 years. 

That it is!  

you do know fan is short for fanatic , dont you? and can see how fanatic lends it self nicely to cultish behavior? like look at any sports team fanatics. their team can do no wrong etc etc.

its the same for a good chunk of this bands fanatic base. them 5 guys walk on water. ed especially.

Have atter. You are in a cult lmao. 

I’m not. 
  • Guy got thirty years and his friends from the show wrote letters to the judge for leniency. The letters were dripping with the Scientology bullshit and never intended to be made public.  Now the clowns are backpedaling like a motherfucker, reading some lame apology note obviously written by a lawyer. 

Another classic example of why I never put celebrities on a pedestal. None of them “walk on water”. 

• I saw that the Masterson accuser was calling out Kushner on her instagram account. Saying that she knows things about him that could possibly get him in trouble.

Crazy shit
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,482
    I saw that the Masterson accuser was calling out Kushner on her instagram account. Saying that she knows things about him that could possibly get him in trouble.

Crazy shit
    I unfortunately went down a bit of a rabbit hole on this one, and I think it's about how Kutcher (not Kushner LOL) found his girlfriend murdered, and lied to the police about it. 

as the story goes, he was dating this girl. He showed up at her house one night. He found her dead in a pool of blood. He didn't call police. He called his management team and then Masterson, asking what he should do. In the end, he chose to not report it, as he felt it would damage his career. This murderer ended up being a serial killer, and killed at least 2 other women after his GF. People are speculating the killer could have been caught prior to the other murders had Ashton come clean. But she was discovered the very next day (I believe), so that's doubtful. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• I saw that the Masterson accuser was calling out Kushner on her instagram account. Saying that she knows things about him that could possibly get him in trouble.

Crazy shit
    I unfortunately went down a bit of a rabbit hole on this one, and I think it's about how Kutcher (not Kushner LOL) found his girlfriend murdered, and lied to the police about it. 

as the story goes, he was dating this girl. He showed up at her house one night. He found her dead in a pool of blood. He didn't call police. He called his management team and then Masterson, asking what he should do. In the end, he chose to not report it, as he felt it would damage his career. This murderer ended up being a serial killer, and killed at least 2 other women after his GF. People are speculating the killer could have been caught prior to the other murders had Ashton come clean. But she was discovered the very next day (I believe), so that's doubtful. 
    Yeah that's what I read...I couldn't remember some of the details. Still potentially damaging to him. Holy shit how could you not call the police?

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    only a narcissist does something like that. finds someone dead and thinks of themselves. unreal. 

www.headstonesband.com

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    only a narcissist does something like that. finds someone dead and thinks of themselves. unreal. 

I mean they are already dead and you cant do anything for them at that point and you have potentially the whole world to lose.  I think i could walk.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,055
    edited September 2023
    static111 said:

I mean they are already dead and you cant do anything for them at that point and you have potentially the whole world to lose.  I think i could walk.
    Well, at least all of us don’t live in a Kevin Williamson script
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • static111 said:

It was his girlfriend. How could you leave someone you likely have strong feelings for behind like that?

• How could someone leave anyone dead "behind"
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    static111 said:

yikes. 

www.headstonesband.com

• Full victim impact statement written for the judge prior to sentencing:
    https://www.thereset.news/p/new-full-victim-impact-statement

static111 said:

It was his girlfriend. How could you leave someone you likely have strong feelings for behind like that?

Fear that you could literally lose everything and potentially end up like harrison ford in the fugitive or Tim Robbins in Shawshank Redemption? 
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    static111 said:

Fear that you could literally lose everything and potentially end up like harrison ford in the fugitive or Tim Robbins in Shawshank Redemption? 
    movies vs real life. the evidence would have shown he didn't do it.  

www.headstonesband.com

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,055
    edited September 2023
    This is for any normal person a non issue. But, wouldn't it be more of a risk "to leave the scene" than to stay, call, be cleared. With how the boyfriend/husband is the one they obviously look into first.
    This is for any normal person a non issue. But, wouldn't it be more of a risk "to leave the scene" than to stay, call, be cleared. With how the boyfriend/husband is the one they obviously look into first.
    I would think. they found his fingerprints on the door handle. and he claimed at first (apparently) he didn't go in. Why would you grab the door handle if you just grabbed it and left?

www.headstonesband.com

• Damn I never even heard of that story of Kutchner 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • static111 said:
    static111 said:

What the 1st thing I’d do is call 911 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited September 2023
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

What the 1st thing I’d do is call 911 
    Most people would. But we are talking about a Hollywood degenerate here lol.  Oh, he would have to check with the cult leaders of Scientology first to see what they think is the best way to go. 
  • Hahaaaa… these two twats are backpedaling like a mofo. Scientology is for losers… if this doesn’t prove it nothing will. 
    Hahaaaa… these two twats are backpedaling like a mofo. Scientology is for losers… if this doesn’t prove it nothing will. 

To be fair organized religion is for losers.
    Scio me nihil scire

edited September 2023
    Organized religion is a bit different from cults like Scientology. Having said that, I dont completely disagree. 
    I have experienced first hand what damage cultish religions can do…. to be clear I was never involved but it has been in my family 
    Mila and Ashton aren’t scientologists, are they? 

www.headstonesband.com

• Perhaps not, but the Scientologist lawyers wrote that “apology”. It’s Hollyweird, you can’t call them cultists… you have to be supportive. Cult religions are full of nut jobs. Scientology has a “Celebrity Center”.  You can’t make this shit up.