Options

Need some advice regarding a friendship that's gone sour

2»

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Prank them back, next time say:
    "Really?  Well I'm sorry to hear that for your sake, I'm here if you need someone to talk to.
    Do you mind if I make a move on him?  He's been giving me some serious signals..."
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,627
    Ha!
    This ^

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    rgambs said:
    Prank them back, next time say:
    "Really?  Well I'm sorry to hear that for your sake, I'm here if you need someone to talk to.
    Do you mind if I make a move on him?  He's been giving me some serious signals..."
    lol that would be funny as I suspect she thinks I like her
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Hahah defo reverse prank him. Very good 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    edited October 2017
    She sounds like a fucking idiot. You're better off without her. Nothing for you to feel foolish about. The only advice I would give, just for next time someone acts like such a loser with you, is bail out earlier.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    She sounds like a fucking idiot. You're better off without her. Nothing for you to feel foolish about. The only advice I would give, just for next time someone acts like such a loser with you, is bail out earlier.
    Hate to say it but yeah. I mean, we had some mature conversations and that, she looked after me when I came in to her work by giving me free coffee and cakes but I don't understand this behaviour. If you're close to breaking up with your boyfriend why would you take his phone and prank someone. I have mixed feelings. I want to give it another chance but I just feel uncomfortable about this and don't want to be fooled again.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I totally agree.
    Be careful not to feel for this woman because inside you may feel something if you want to still try and be friends but be honest with yourself.
    Its ok to feel but be careful because her behaviour was to play a game with yout good nature= fucking idiot as pjsoul says.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I totally agree.
    Be careful not to feel for this woman because inside you may feel something if you want to still try and be friends but be honest with yourself.
    Its ok to feel but be careful because her behaviour was to play a game with yout good nature= fucking idiot as pjsoul says.
    Yeah I feel bad about it like I am being too harsh. But I don't want to be mistreated/treated like a fool.

• Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    PJ_Soul said:
    I totally agree.
    Yeah I feel bad about it like I am being too harsh. But I don't want to be mistreated/treated like a fool.

That is very understandable. And now you know a little more about what kind of person she is.
  • Options
    ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    Renewel, refresh, meditation, realization
    It's all good
    Even when it really isn't okay that weakness is your strength. 

Sorry i might be out of bounds here. 
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    There were also two instances where she asked what I've been up to and I've said that I caught up with a friend and she replied "you have friends?". I didn't know what to make of it as she'd give me free coffee and food and we'd chat normally about university and life. Maybe she just has a strange way of joking around? But if someone says something to imply their surprise that I do not have friends kind of gets me down.
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
  • Options
    Shyner said:
    Renewel, refresh, meditation, realization
    It's all good
    Even when it really isn't okay that weakness is your strength. 

Sorry i might be out of bounds here. 
    sounds too deep for me to comprehend haha.

• Options
    ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    Nah.  It's just the spirit of sharing my love.  
    I can't quite have the depth to read alot so my thoughts might be out of text. 
    It's all relative. 
    I refer to others with whom you've connected with here. Love to you
  • Options
    Shyner said:
    Nah.  It's just the spirit of sharing my love.  
    I can't quite have the depth to read alot so my thoughts might be out of text. 
    It's all relative. 
    I refer to others with whom you've connected with here. Love to you
    Love back at ya.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    There were also two instances where she asked what I've been up to and I've said that I caught up with a friend and she replied "you have friends?". I didn't know what to make of it as she'd give me free coffee and food and we'd chat normally about university and life. Maybe she just has a strange way of joking around? But if someone says something to imply their surprise that I do not have friends kind of gets me down.
    That ISN'T a strange way of joking around, it's pretty typical of someone you are close with or have feelings for.
    Teasing like that is a way of pointing out that you recognise and accept a person's weaknesses and it's pretty common, here in the states at least.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Good lord. I don't agree with rgambs' interpretation of that comment, at least not when combined with the other crap. But really, teasing with that or not (I think it was more passive aggressive than any sign of affection), just the stuff with the boyfriend and stuff is more than enough to cut her loose. And btw, if you have an inkling that she's acting like this because she has romantic feelings for  you... I would say it doesn't matter. She sounds like she would be a nightmare in any romantic context. Just look how she's treating her current so-called BF.
    Seriously, I know that you kind of struggle with things like this, and I get that, but I really think you way overanalyze this stuff, and are also WAY too forgiving of bad behaviour. I mean, she said that and you "didn't know what to make of it"? It's simple - she is a complete weirdo who has absolutely no consideration for you and your feelings. Even if that is her idea of joking around, that and screwing with you about her relationship... she's nuts. That is not normal behaviour. She's fucking with you, plain and simple. I know it's hard to understand people who are like that, but there are plenty of them out there. They are not mysteries wrapped in riddled. They're not something for you to "figure out". They are not complicated souls for this kind of thing. They are just narcissistic, unstable people who aren't worth having around. I really hope you finally learn this lesson: If someone is making you feel bad or down or confused by their bizarre behaviour, they are not people you should consider keeping as friends.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Good lord. I don't agree with rgambs' interpretation of that comment, at least not when combined with the other crap. But really, teasing with that or not (I think it was more passive aggressive than any sign of affection), just the stuff with the boyfriend and stuff is more than enough to cut her loose. And btw, if you have an inkling that she's acting like this because she has romantic feelings for  you... I would say it doesn't matter. She sounds like she would be a nightmare in any romantic context. Just look how she's treating her current so-called BF.
    Seriously, I know that you kind of struggle with things like this, and I get that, but I really think you way overanalyze this stuff, and are also WAY too forgiving of bad behaviour. I mean, she said that and you "didn't know what to make of it"? It's simple - she is a complete weirdo who has absolutely no consideration for you and your feelings. Even if that is her idea of joking around, that and screwing with you about her relationship... she's nuts. That is not normal behaviour. She's fucking with you, plain and simple. I know it's hard to understand people who are like that, but there are plenty of them out there. They are not mysteries wrapped in riddled. They're not something for you to "figure out". They are not complicated souls for this kind of thing. They are just narcissistic, unstable people who aren't worth having around. I really hope you finally learn this lesson: If someone is making you feel bad or down or confused by their bizarre behaviour, they are not people you should consider keeping as friends.
    Yeah, when we've had coffee she'd often put her boyfriend down in a joking way. It made me feel uncomfortable as I am friends with him too and didn't know how to reply.
    I regret sending her my essay from last semester to help her improve her essay writing. I hope she doesn't do a dirty on me and plagiarise or send it to someone else without my permission out of spite if I cut her loose. I could get into shit at my uni if that's the case.
  • Options
    I work at a university. You wouldn't get in trouble. She would. There isn't a rule about sharing your essays with other people. Only one about using someone else's essay and claiming it as your own. Unless you sold it to her, you have nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I work at a university. You wouldn't get in trouble. She would. There isn't a rule about sharing your essays with other people. Only one about using someone else's essay and claiming it as your own. Unless you sold it to her, you have nothing to worry about.
    Thanks. Hopefully the same rule applies here. I just read my universities policy online. I think I'm okay. I gave the essay the semester after we both submitted our work in the same unit. 
  • Options
    vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    I would step away and leave them alone. One time prank, I get but repeated and leaving you confused- just shows a level of stupidity. And her putting her boyfriend down- is just a sign to move on. Yeah, its hard to make friends, but there are better people out there. Some friends stay with you and others come in and out your life. This one sounds like an out.

• Options
    vduboise said:
    I would step away and leave them alone. One time prank, I get but repeated and leaving you confused- just shows a level of stupidity. And her putting her boyfriend down- is just a sign to move on. Yeah, its hard to make friends, but there are better people out there. Some friends stay with you and others come in and out your life. This one sounds like an out.

Yeah. Strange that her boyfriend hasn't contacted me since. I take it he's upset at me or something.
    They've both messed with my head.

• Options
    vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    After a certain age, well for me anyway, you want a level of honesty with your friends. And I get jokes, but this sounds annoying and her responses the same. I say just let it die out. If they contact you, make a choice to respond or not, but I wouldn't reach out anymore. 
  • Options
    vduboise said:
    After a certain age, well for me anyway, you want a level of honesty with your friends. And I get jokes, but this sounds annoying and her responses the same. I say just let it die out. If they contact you, make a choice to respond or not, but I wouldn't reach out anymore. 
    Definitely not.
    I haven't contacted them other than her to say why I am pissed off.
    I don't even go into her work anymore.
    Thanks.