Options

Are we forgetting the Ten Club Single?

Comments

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Do people honestly still join just for the single? The access to tickets is probably the biggest perk, and even that isn’t something of a deal breaker. I like Pearl Jam. I want to support things the band supports. So I join the fan club. That’s the extent of it for me. 
    Yup, I specifically choose the Analog option because of the single. And the 10c isn't delivering on their obligations, nor are they communicating. The lack of communication highlights the deep-seated disrespect that 10c has for their members. It would cost them nothing to improve their communication. But no shits are given, and these threads will continue to be made.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    Please remember that PJ lost two dear friends this year, perhaps they are not focused on the 10 club single right now.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    Please remember that PJ lost two dear friends this year, perhaps they are not focused on the 10 club single right now.
    all of their other projects move along as scheduled, however. you can't seriously believe that cornell's death has anything to do with the single being late, can you?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    KC138045 said:
    We will get it when we get it.  Other than Wishing Well last year the singles have been a major let down for the past few years IMO.  The problem I have with these threads is the bitching and complaining will go from where the hell is the single to being upset that its not a new studio release or its another duet with Beyonce.  With how much money we spend on other shit on here is $40 for a yearly membership really that bad?  Yes the single is late as always but we will get it eventually.
    those threads also happen every year. with some justification as well. I mean, that single with Jean Tripplehorn and Jay Z was the worst thing I've ever heard in my life. it was funny, something I listened to once for a lark, but goddamn it was it terrible. I was pleasantly surprised, however, as  you said with last year's. We got a quality copy of Wishing Well (too bad about the Queen B-side)  and the year before with Imagine and Pendulumorphosis (I really enjoy that track). going back a few years, I did like 2008,2010, 2011, and 2012 though as well. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Still wouldn't explain why 10c couldn't send an email or post a thread with a little communication to that effect. Even if what you suggest is correct (and I'm not convinced - Matt releasing a solo record and Ed partying with the Cubs all Fall demonstrates that life goes on even as we mourn), 10c still has to run a business and should still be communicating with members/customers. That's all anyone is asking. An update. Communicate. People need to quit making excuses for 10c's lack of customer service.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    KC138045 said:
    We will get it when we get it.  Other than Wishing Well last year the singles have been a major let down for the past few years IMO.  The problem I have with these threads is the bitching and complaining will go from where the hell is the single to being upset that its not a new studio release or its another duet with Beyonce.  With how much money we spend on other shit on here is $40 for a yearly membership really that bad?  Yes the single is late as always but we will get it eventually.
    those threads also happen every year. with some justification as well. I mean, that single with Jean Tripplehorn and Jay Z was the worst thing I've ever heard in my life. it was funny, something I listened to once for a lark, but goddamn it was it terrible. I was pleasantly surprised, however, as  you said with last year's. We got a quality copy of Wishing Well (too bad about the Queen B-side)  and the year before with Imagine and Pendulumorphosis (I really enjoy that track). going back a few years, I did like 2008,2010, 2011, and 2012 though as well. 
    2010 with No Jeremy and Falling Down is my favorite 
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,016
    Do people honestly still join just for the single? The access to tickets is probably the biggest perk, and even that isn’t something of a deal breaker. I like Pearl Jam. I want to support things the band supports. So I join the fan club. That’s the extent of it for me. 
    iI was digital for a year. Then I found I missed the physical copy of deep and the physical single, so I went back to anal dog. Yes, I know, i could get both of those on ebay if I wanted to wait, but I'd rather not deal with something that may never come or might end up being a ripoff.  

although, at this point, the same could be said about this method. 
    I completely agree with your previous rant.
    Unless we get a shipping notification in the next few weeks, it will be 2018 when we get the 2016 single.
    I dont get the excuses people keep coming up with. Just because its always late dosen't make it late anymore? Can that logic work with my credit card? I don't know why they keep asking me to pay by the first, I make it later and later every month, can't they just figure it out by now?
    The fact is we paid $40 and all I have to show for it is the privilege to write on a message board. Most joined for #1 the tour, and if you pay for analog the only reason is the single.
    I get they are not a full time band in their 20s wanting to tour for 6 months any more. I get I wont get show tickets every year. I accept that and still pay the fee. I know I will probably get the single and most likely listen to it 2 or 3 times and not care about it anymore. Its just the principle that we paid $40 with the promise of a single in 2016, and in 2 months it will be 2018-more than a full year late. It just seems bad business to treat loyal customers this way without any update at all, multiple threads on the matter and absolutely nothing. The way they respond to shipping concerns is just rude, meanwhile shipping only gets worse even for us in the States. But with absolutely nothing else going on or any other benefit for membership this year, the single is the one thing they can do and chose not to. If you're not going to follow through, then stop taking our $40. 
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,396
    I feel worse for those that ordered the anthology..
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,775
    mace1229 said:
    If you're not going to follow through, then stop taking our $40. 
    If the single and deep magazine are worth $20, then stay analog. I've stuck with digital for ticket opportunities and access to some of the PJ shop sales (Vault, LP2, reissues). Even without a tour, 10c membership still gave some of us chances at the LP2 screening at the Metro and other places, discounted Lolla tickets for SA next year, EV solo tour dates in Europe (can't remember if they also got 10c tickets for RRHoF). 

Let's hope that the 2016 single gives us something from Murphy's Rooftop not found on LP2, RRHoF, maybe a Cornell tribute. Lots of opportunities for single tracks, hopefully they're worth the wait for those with analog memberships. And if not, join the digital membership crew.
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    edited October 2017
    The Ten Club used to mean a lot more to Pearl Jam. I remember back in the 90's getting the Holiday singles. It was one of the reasons why I loved and appreciated Pearl Jam so much because it was truly magical. It just doesn't feel the same anymore with the quality of the music/art and more importantly how they are a year behind with the singles(coming up on 2 years really quick). They've had time to get caught up and make things right but they've chosen not to do that. I feel disrespected as a fan. I pestered the Ten Club and after a generic "copy and paste" response, they sent me this message,
    "Thanks again for reaching with your additional concerns. While we may not be the most timely at getting these items out, both the Band and Ten Club take pride in providing thoughtful content which can take a little longer to do right. Sometimes to be thoughtful in your process isn't always the more efficient route. We truly do apologize for the delay. Please know these items are officially final and currently in factory production and will be in the mail to all 2016 Analog members shortly."

Edit: One more thing and then I'll shut up. The last official response through mass email from the Ten Club was back in July stating to make sure our addresses are correct. Since then I've received many emails from them with updated information on new happenings and also to try and sell me more stuff. They want us to buy new stuff from them even though we've paid for something almost 2 years ago and still don't have it. I know they'll send it eventually but that is not my point. It comes down to RESPECT for the fans.
    Post edited by JB16057 on
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Bottom line is, if you pay for a membership in 2016, you should get your shit in 2016. I don’t care if it’s “always Been late” or if “that’s just the way things operate” or if “it will get here when it gets here.” That’s bullshit cop out. As I’ve pointed out several times before I am now closer to paying for my 2019 membership (13 months away)than when I paid for 2016 (22 months ago). And I have nothing for 2016.

How does that not make people shake their fucking collective heads in disappointment??

I’ll  go digital next year since 10c can’t seem to deliver their annual benefits annually and within the year I pay for the shit. When the 45 hits the shop 3 years later, I’ll buy the damn thing separate.
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    While I'm also getting a bit impatient around the 2016 single (personally I'm hoping it'll be a double with the complete RRHOF performance, a guy can dream, right, lol?), I wonder if it might be healthy(?) to acknowledge that there haven't been delays on our other fan club items (just the tshirt these days, I guess, which is a third of what we physically receive as AnalOG members, lol).  I do agree with many of the above comments regarding communication around the single and Deep though.  When we were told to make sure our mailing addresses were up to date by August 1, the clear inference was it would go out soon (there's a saying about assuming, isn't there, lol?).
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,771
    The real question, other than petty gripes on details, has anyone actually been harmed by this delay. No. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    PB11041 said:
    The real question, other than petty gripes on details, has anyone actually been harmed by this delay. No. 
    That’s not the point. What a dumb thing to say.
  • Options
    PB11041 said:
    No actually it is the point. This is all cry baby syndrome. If the only thing that everyone wants out of their tenclub annual payment is to get the single, drop out, it is one small component and you are all acting like you have been ripped off for years and years. 

And then it is demand, demand, demand.  It is clownish. 

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,972
    I’m pretty forgiving when it comes to the singles because of all the issues with vinyl production. 
  • Options
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    No actually it is the point. This is all cry baby syndrome. If the only thing that everyone wants out of their tenclub annual payment is to get the single, drop out, it is one small component and you are all acting like you have been ripped off for years and years. 

It isn’t crybaby anything. I don’t know any company where it’s oka to wait 2 years to get what you order. Clownish is people like you who brush it off as nothing.  Again, at no time should it ever be acceptable to be closer to paying for a membership from 2019 than it has been for 2016 and not receive the 2016 benefits. This isn’t demand, demand, demand, or childish. It’s expecting what is fucking advertised. 
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Nowhere in the member benefits does it say that one of them is not being harmed by not receiving the benefits stated. That’s just stupid to say that.
  • Options
    arnhem1976arnhem1976 Posts: 647
    edited October 2017
    Maybe we All get a Benny for christmas

Post edited by arnhem1976 on
  • Options
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

It isn’t crybaby anything. I don’t know any company where it’s oka to wait 2 years to get what you order. Clownish is people like you who brush it off as nothing.  Again, at no time should it ever be acceptable to be closer to paying for a membership from 2019 than it has been for 2016 and not receive the 2016 benefits. This isn’t demand, demand, demand, or childish. It’s expecting what is fucking advertised. 
    Then drop out. And you will never have to worry about this unacceptable behavior again.  I pray that you never run into a real problem in your life.  This is making a mountain out of a grain of sand. 

• Options
    Nowhere in the member benefits does it say that one of them is not being harmed by not receiving the benefits stated. That’s just stupid to say that.
    Nowhere in the membership benefits does it guarantee the timetable of the delivery of any item either, let alone the single.  So, these threads are also inherently stupid. 

• Options
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

Then drop out. And you will never have to worry about this unacceptable behavior again.  I pray that you never run into a real problem in your life.  This is making a mountain out of a grain of sand. 
    I addressed this type of nonsense response in this very thread. I hope you don't work in any type of customer service, or any industry that involves human interaction. you'd fail miserably. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

You seem like the type of customer most companies would love. Easily taken advantage of, and not willing to stand up for anything. But don't project your milquetoast attitude on everyone else. Some people feel like obligations should be honored. Some see a company that is not providing products or services long ago paid for, and are providing customer feedback. 10c doesn't get a pass just because it is part of the corporate structure of the band. If you're comfortable giving a company money and not receiving products or even communication about delays, then good for you. Enjoy.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544

I don't think anyone is losing sleep over this, but like others have said, there are stated benefits to a Ten Club membership and those obligations should be met in a reasonable time frame.  When the band is playing 30+ shows a year it is not a big deal, but when the band hasn't played a show since August of 2016 nor released new music since 2013, I am not surprised at the questions about where the single is at. 

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

What's worse? Cry baby syndrome or dismally low expectations syndrome? :pensive:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

I don't think anyone is losing sleep over this, but like others have said, there are stated benefits to a Ten Club membership and those obligations should be met in a reasonable time frame.  When the band is playing 30+ shows a year it is not a big deal, but when the band hasn't played a show since August of 2016 nor released new music since 2013, I am not surprised at the questions about where the single is at. 

level headed and intelligent. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360
    One more.....
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,221
    PJ_Soul said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

What's worse? Cry baby syndrome or dismally low expectations syndrome? :pensive:
    Lowered expectations.    I ordered some cd wallets (old school I know) from an online retailer.  After 3 weeks they never showed up.  I reached out to them. They said they had 1 in stock, but if I wanted all 3 they could fill the whole order the next week.   I opted to let the order remain active and wait for all 3.  Another month later they never arrived and I sent another email.   I got no reply.  At that point it had been 2 months, so I disputed on paypal and they refunded my money promptly.  Even at 2 months with little contact and no help, I felt I was pretty relaxed and gave them plenty of time to resolve it.  2 months after ordering it and not receiving it is pretty long in the retail world.

I think most of us give 10c a pretty wide berth because it's what we've come to expect.   If any other company we bought something from was 2 years late, we all would of called up our credit card companies and reversed the charge.  It's only 10c we give this kind of latitude to.

For me.. it's definitely lowered expectations, because my bar is higher for any company that isn't 10c.  There's no way I give other companies I buy from things that kind of latitude :)

edit:  I feel that's harsh on 10c.  There's some things they do amazing well (vault vinyls, tickets etc....), but there's definitely some things they could improve on.   There's the other hold up too.   We don't actually know what's causing the delay.  It could be 10c or it could be the band, as 10c would rely on the band to have something to put on the single.  It's possible it's not their fault... but then we have to talk negatively about our favourite band... maybe 10c is taking a hit for the team :)
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    The issue is the lack of communication.  If 10C came on here and said, look, we're having issues, but we expect the single by ____, there would be a small amount of complaining, but likely acceptance at some point.  We've heard pretty much nothing.  At this point I'm not losing any sleep over it.  What can I do to change how they do things?
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    edited October 2017

level headed and intelligent. 
    Boom.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
This discussion has been closed.