Secret Santa 2017

Comments

• FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    No gift received here. I'm moving on. Happy New Year all! Till next time. 
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • JM39128JM39128 Posts: 27
    belinda27 said:
    Hey Everyone! 
    I received my Secret Santa present yesterday from Jorge and I absolutely love it! THANKYOU very much for the thoughtful gift and letter - I am so excited to make something delicious with these awesome ingredients! I really enjoyed reading about a different Culture and food. The gorgeous artwork isn’t like anything I have seen before! I adore it!! It made me think of Chris Cornell “Loud Love” which I feel is a beautiful tribute to a great talent, it’s very creative, and I look forward to displaying it soon. Also great to get some Eddie Vedder stickers!! Thanks again, this experience was fun and made me smile!! Much Love B 
    PS maybe if I can’t make the photos work Dimi can post them.
    I am really glad you liked them @belinda27 !!!!! Sorry they couldn't arrive sooner!!! You also made me smile...Glad they arrived ok all the way to Australia...AMAZING! :)

• I got my Secret Santa present from Melissa Violette!  I've been away the last 2 weeks, so I'm not sure when it arrived, and apologize for the delay.  I love EVERYTHING!  Thank you so much.  It looks like the cutting board and necklace are handmade too?!  That is so sweet!! Thank you, and Happy New Year! :)
     Dude! A PJ cutting board! Nice!!
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    giselle74 said:
    I got my Secret Santa present from Melissa Violette!  I've been away the last 2 weeks, so I'm not sure when it arrived, and apologize for the delay.  I love EVERYTHING!  Thank you so much.  It looks like the cutting board and necklace are handmade too?!  That is so sweet!! Thank you, and Happy New Year! :)
    Very nice!
  • Sonja_SSonja_S Vienna Posts: 444
    FoxyRedLa said:
    No gift received here. I'm moving on. Happy New Year all! Till next time. 
    Hey Lauren, I'm your not-so-secret-anymore Santa. I sent the package mid December (17th I think). Do you know how long customs usually take if you get stuff from Europe? If you don't think it will be delivered still, I'll try to recreate but there were things in there that I can't get again before November, so it would be a bit different than the original stuff.
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
    Hey Sonja! I have no idea! I will continue to watch for it. Thanks for spilling the beans :smiley:

Mid DEC they could still be taking their time! Thanks I'll call and complain lol
    FoxyRedLa said:
    Hey Sonja! I have no idea! I will continue to watch for it. Thanks for spilling the beans :smiley:

Mid DEC they could still be taking their time! Thanks I'll call and complain lol

Complaining is always good ;-) If it doesn't come soon, I'll dig out my Santa hat again though, no worries!
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
    Lol! I don't mind waiting. Give it more time. At least all of January. I don't want you to have to gift again. 
  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    Just returned from holiday travels-Secret Santa arrived while I was away. Jill O'Brien you didn't leave me your forum name tho' so I hope you see this. 
    Thank you sooooooo very much for the Bowie treasures. I remember when I read about the stamps, but completely forgot about them until I opened your gift. Every gift is new to me and wonderful to possess. Sadly tomorrow is the 2 year anniversary of his death-still hard for me to digest...
    Are you a Bowie fan as well?
    Thank you again!!

xo
    Carol
  • HarrycatHarrycat UK Posts: 58
    Renfield said:
    Just returned from holiday travels-Secret Santa arrived while I was away. Jill O'Brien you didn't leave me your forum name tho' so I hope you see this. 
    Thank you sooooooo very much for the Bowie treasures. I remember when I read about the stamps, but completely forgot about them until I opened your gift. Every gift is new to me and wonderful to possess. Sadly tomorrow is the 2 year anniversary of his death-still hard for me to digest...
    Thank you again!!

xo
    Carol
    David Bowie was the second concert I went to. I was lucky enough to see him twice in my life and Hereos is one of my all time favourite songs. Really glad this made it to you and you like it.
  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    Harrycat said:
    Renfield said:
    Thank you again!!

xo
    Carol
    David Bowie was the second concert I went to. I was lucky enough to see him twice in my life and Hereos is one of my all time favourite songs. Really glad this made it to you and you like it.
    Heroes is one the best songs ever!! I love this version, and his banter before the song is so endearing. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bsYp9q3QNaQ
    I too was fortunate to see him-5 times, 3 were consecutive nights on the Serious Moonlight tour at Madison Square Garden. 
    Thank you again- I love my gifts. 
    Hope to meet you in Krakow ;)

• HarrycatHarrycat UK Posts: 58
    I saw the serious moonlight tour too at the SCG (Sydney Cricket Ground)I still have the programme somewhere in a box in either my brothers or one of my friends houses in Sydney or Melbourne.
  • lizabelle1217lizabelle1217 Central Jersey Posts: 222
    I got my AMAZINGLY awesome SS gift a couple weeks ago (EEK! I'm really behind the times... sorry!! I'm like the biggest procrastinator, especially this time of year) from the tag-team of @RogueStoner and @northerndragon . RogueStoner, I hope all is well!! I loved absolutely everything in my package, especially the card and the butt magnets!! :lol: I was going to draw a picture using the pencils (yay!!!) and sketch pad, but just ran out of time and wanted to make sure I posted!!
    Oh, and in typical fashion for our animals, the cat batted at the toy like twice, and the dog took it over! :lol:
    Thank you, both!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! :heart:

Glad you posted pics.  I was trying to figure out what butt magnets were.   :i_dunno:
    hahahaha :rofl: 
    Kitty and puppy butt magnets, but of course!! :rock_on:
    It's arrived Sonja!!!!!!!!!!
    Hallelujah! I hope nothing semi-liquid got crushed in the meantime.
  • latislatis Lima, Perú Posts: 6

My Gifts arrive at last !!! Thank You Alice P. for so cute details, makeup premiered today  :)=) !!! 
    Sonja! Thank you so very Much! I almost got everything I asked for!! Thats amazing! And a lot! I got chocolate and lotion and a guitar accessory and something from Ireland and Austria!! I couldn't be any happier! Thank you so much! I REALLY enjoyed reading each fact and learning how Austria celebrates Xmas! Love the ornaments and the chocolate booze!! The snow globe is so cute, I'm taking that one to work. Gonna put it next to the koala I got from i_lov_it!! You put a lot of thought and attention and detail to my gift! THANK YOU!!!  :hugs: :hearts:

• Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    ^^ I love the Kilmt snow globe!  Beautiful! 
    Sonja was my SS a few years ago and she sends wonderful gifts.  (I got some boozy chocolates too.  :giggle: )
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,994
    That snow globe is amazing.  Wow, I sure hope my SS got her gift.  
    FoxyRedLa said:
    Sonja! Thank you so very Much! I almost got everything I asked for!! Thats amazing! And a lot! I got chocolate and lotion and a guitar accessory and something from Ireland and Austria!! I couldn't be any happier! Thank you so much! I REALLY enjoyed reading each fact and learning how Austria celebrates Xmas! Love the ornaments and the chocolate booze!! The snow globe is so cute, I'm taking that one to work. Gonna put it next to the koala I got from i_lov_it!! You put a lot of thought and attention and detail to my gift! THANK YOU!!!  :hugs: :hearts:

^^ I love the Kilmt snow globe!  Beautiful! 
    Sonja was my SS a few years ago and she sends wonderful gifts.  (I got some boozy chocolates too.  :giggle: )

You're so very welcome! :-) 
    I'm so glad it finally made it, even if it's a bit late for the Irish bauble and the other Christmassy (and in case of Krampus and Nikolo pre-Christmassy) stuff. The snowglobe was made in my neighbourhood where usually only wine and herbal soda is produced, so I just had to send you that one.

The boozy chocolates just need to be a part of every SS gift that goes to a country where alcohol isn't available in every supermarket and from November on on every street corner and every Christmas tree. I need to drag you guys down with us ;)
    That picture does zero justice. It's so colorful and gold and sparkly! We've eaten all the chocolate now. Delicious. One flavor was potent :lol: all very tasty. Could not be any happier with it all. Nothing broke or spilled. Exactly what I wanted! 
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Good seeing so many Wonderful Gifts...
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,818
    Just checking back after a couple of weeks to see some awesome gifts!

For those of you saying you haven’t heard from your Santee yet - my SS also didn’t provide a board name so, while I did post pics, I couldn’t thank her in person. I hope she saw my post here!
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Sonja_S said:
    The boozy chocolates just need to be a part of every SS gift that goes to a country where alcohol isn't available in every supermarket and from November on on every street corner and every Christmas tree. I need to drag you guys down with us ;)
    Ha ha, I hope I visit Austria someday and enjoy a little decadence.  :smiley:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Enkidu said:
    not yet
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • august1791august1791 Atlanta Posts: 5
    Thank you to my secrect santa, Kelly Azzopardi.  I was so excited to see all the beautiful pieces of art she created, and all the little goodies she sent as well.  I truly appreciate the fact that she handcrafted most of the items, she's very talented!  From the magnets, stickers and buttons, the ornaments, sweet treats and baseball with my favorite team logo, Kelly totally outdid herself. I'm even more excited to have made a new PJ friend. :-)

• stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    edited January 2018
    ^ Wow! Very talented!
    The Smile, 'three hearts and swirls all around' is beautiful!
    Post edited by stuckinline on
    Beautiful! :clap:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Enkidu said:
    not yet
    got update..arrived..all good
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”