Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    my2hands said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    At this point I'm staying home unless they play Red Rocks or Las Vegas
    Liar
    I'll go to any philly shows of course.... maybe cherry pick a short road trip to a smaller city like Pittsburgh, Albany, Hartford, etc.... but honestly that's about it

I know it sounds crazy but they dont mix it up as mych as pwople think and seem to be leaning more heavily on hits/staples from Ten, Vs, Vitalogy, and Yield lately.... great albums of course, but that's all 20+ years old.... I'm not complaining, nobody else comes close to these guys... but they dont seem interested in playing too much stuff they recorded post 1998

It's why we only went to Fenway 1 and didn't regret it at all, no repeats!
    I 100% agree with you on the Set lists. 
    If there are local shows I ll do them.  Maybe fly somewhere cool to see them but who knows. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    Liar
    I'll go to any philly shows of course.... maybe cherry pick a short road trip to a smaller city like Pittsburgh, Albany, Hartford, etc.... but honestly that's about it

I know it sounds crazy but they dont mix it up as mych as pwople think and seem to be leaning more heavily on hits/staples from Ten, Vs, Vitalogy, and Yield lately.... great albums of course, but that's all 20+ years old.... I'm not complaining, nobody else comes close to these guys... but they dont seem interested in playing too much stuff they recorded post 1998

If there are local shows I ll do them.  Maybe fly somewhere cool to see them but who knows. 
    I'll get on a plane for Red Rocks & Vegas and that's it... and Red Rocks is never happening lol
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    wbutler29 said:
    So ready for another U.S. run.  Hoping for some stops in Texas.
    From your lips to god's ears.
    Yes please.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    my2hands said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    Liar

I'll get on a plane for Red Rocks & Vegas and that's it... and Red Rocks is never happening lol
    Would love Red Rocks. Imagine how hard that ticket would be to come by. 
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    CopperTom said:
    cant wait to book my first flight,my first hotel and enter the lottery for next year tour...
    what a fuckin great band to be a fan
    What do you think your first 3 lottery selections will be?
    that has to do with my ticket buddy..she will go for some shows,me the rest..ill try to make the whole europe tour this time,if i can afford and take off work 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    edited October 2017
    October/Autumn feels like PJ time to me. Wish we had some US northeast dates coming up. Maybe next year?  Hard to imagine waiting another year but....
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    It s be nice if pj played the us in the summer for the first time since...03?  I mean a few dates were technically summer in 08 but July and August would be nice. 
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    mcgruff10 said:
    It s be nice if pj played the us in the summer for the first time since...03?  I mean a few dates were technically summer in 08 but July and August would be nice. 
    Yes. Fall time is always packed with stuff going on. Would be so nice to have PJ in the summer 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    CopperTom said:
    cant wait to book my first flight,my first hotel and enter the lottery for next year tour...
    what a fuckin great band to be a fan
    What do you think your first 3 lottery selections will be?
    that has to do with my ticket buddy..she will go for some shows,me the rest..ill try to make the whole europe tour this time,if i can afford and take off work 
    I'm really hoping that Prague is a tour stop.  They got shows in 2006 and 2012 but not in 2007, 2010 or 2014.  I'd probably also hit Berlin and I assume that's a definite.
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    I am now thinking that we will get a US Stadium Tour next summer. They probably made the decision to start playing stadium shows in the US to play fewer dates and economize on their time. Now that they are in the RNR HOF like Springsteen, U2 and Metallica; why not tour the way their contemporaries do? They probably held off on any US shows in 2017 to build demand to see the band live.  While I would much prefer to see them play in arenas; I will go to their stadium shows and have my fingers crossed that they will revert to Assigned seating only; for the American Stadium shows. That could mean that the long time 10 Club members will again get to be pretty close to the stage if we manage to obtain tickets through the Ten Club. Anyone else feel this is what we will get next year?
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    ^^ I hope you’re wrong. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    please no stadium tours but I do like the idea of reserved seating.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    Hoping Europe will be earlier in June than later
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    chadaw76chadaw76 Indianapolis Posts: 289
    I could see a couple of stadium shows happening. But not likely a whole tour.
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    This band is meant to be played in arenas and they know that. Also they do not need to hold off on touring for a year to build interest. My guess is they do Fenway and Wrigley again if they are able to agree on the terms with the higher ups. Also I feel for you guys that want your low numbers to get you close to the front again but when comparing the front crowd with Fenway and Wrigley last year there was no comparison in energy. Fenway 2 overall beat Wrigley imo but not up front. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    This band is meant to be played in arenas and they know that. Also they do not need to hold off on touring for a year to build interest. My guess is they do Fenway and Wrigley again if they are able to agree on the terms with the higher ups. Also I feel for you guys that want your low numbers to get you close to the front again but when comparing the front crowd with Fenway and Wrigley last year there was no comparison in energy. Fenway 2 overall beat Wrigley imo but not up front. 
    I was row 9 from the stage at fenway 2 and the energy was great.  I see zero difference between ga and reserved energy.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    I was row 9 from the stage at fenway 2 and the energy was great.  I see zero difference between ga and reserved energy.
    Fenway 1 was very lacking imo. Fenay 2 was great. I was in the stands for both shows and this is just me observing from a far. That is awesome you got up so close on night 2! You must have been surprised. Also Fenway really is not a good example that I should have made now that I think about it. It wasn't like they filled the floor from row 3 back with 10 clubbers. It was very scattered and even 5 digit numbers were not right up front. I guess a lot of VIP's in the crowd especially night 1. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    Fenway 1 was very lacking imo. Fenay 2 was great. I was in the stands for both shows and this is just me observing from a far. That is awesome you got up so close on night 2! You must have been surprised. Also Fenway really is not a good example that I should have made now that I think about it. It wasn't like they filled the floor from row 3 back with 10 clubbers. It was very scattered and even 5 digit numbers were not right up front. I guess a lot of VIP's in the crowd especially night 1. 
    yeah row 9 was nice!  I wasn't there fenway 1 but fenway 2 was definitely rocking!!!  The only thing I did notice was that when angel was played about 95% of the low numbers had no clue what song it was.  
    I didn't know that vip's were up close during fenway 1...makes sense that the crowd wasn't as good.
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    PJNB said:
    This band is meant to be played in arenas and they know that. 

Wrong

225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    mrk2 said:
    PJNB said:
    This band is meant to be played in arenas and they know that. 

Wrong

I'd classify that as an outdoor arena...not a stadium.
  • Options
    US Stadium shows will definitely be a part of their touring future... no question... but they will also continue to do US arena tours as well, much like Springsteen... who knows, you might even see another US Summer outdoor ampithetater tour, but I'm not so sure it will be anytime soon
  • Options
    And they seem scared to play two of the world's greatest venues right here in the good old USA, The Gorge & Red Rocks

Frankly, they should be ashamed of themselves! lol
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    mcgruff10 said:
    please no stadium tours but I do like the idea of reserved seating.
    Its all i ever want is floor reserved seating.  From what i heard, the Fenway shows didnt lack energy and neither did most of the shows pre 2013 GA floor.  Remember thats an overwhelming part of the bands history.  I know there were GA mixed in there as well but dont believe the myth that if you dont have floor GA, the band is bored and the show is bad.  RESERVED!
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539

Seats are a thing of the past.  GA will be it until they are truly oldsters. 

• Options
    my2hands said:
    And they seem scared to play two of the world's greatest venues right here in the good old USA, The Gorge & Red Rocks

Frankly, they should be ashamed of themselves! lol
    And 6 years since Alpine Valley, which deserves to be mentioned with those two others. 

All about amphitheaters, folks. Music is just so good outdoors. Mother Nature can always eff up your plans though. 
  • Options
    https://www.alternativenation.net/major-pearl-jam-summer-2018-tour-rumors-revealed/

I am going to save them the clickbait hits and post it here for all to read and have a chuckle lol. 

Pearl Jam expert dimitrispearljam has been sharing new 2018 tour rumors on the band’s message board. He correctly reported that Pearl Jam would play at Lollapalooza in South America before the band officially announced it. He’s now hinting at a European tour in summer 2018 in June/July. He said the itinerary could be similar to the band’s 2012 and 2014 European tours.

He wrote, “Next summer will be fun.”

A fan wrote, “Hoping for some of the many European countries I want to travel!”

dimitrispearljam responded, “Save money for the summer!!”

He wrote after the Lollapalooza announcement, “Now we wait for the next one..I’ll try to go the full Europe tour this time.”

Pearl Jam is returning to South America in 2018 with THREE headlining performances at Lollapalooza in Argentina, Chile, and Brasil.

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Wow.   Journalism at its finest. 
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,938
    Haha! Gold! What about the new album in 3-6 months rumour! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    That is simply unbelievable!  I mean seriously, how could the guy who wrote that not include my blink once for US dates, twice for none question?  Journalism is not what it once was.