Matt Cameron's solo album Cavedweller

Comments

• Received mine in scotland today from 10C, black never mind because it sounds amazing.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    I just got the shipping notice from Dine Alone this week, I don't know if anyone received the album from Dine Alone yet.
  • stoppler_pjstoppler_pj Montreal, Quebec, Canada Posts: 191
    edited October 2017

Got mine order in the mail today. Very nice.
    No download card though. Not sure if there was suppose to be one or not. But it would be nice to listen when I am walking around.
    Post edited by stoppler_pj on
    You are obviously from the sticks if you call it a hoodie! Us sophisticated city folk call it a bunnyhug!
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    kramer73 said:
    I just got the shipping notice from Dine Alone this week, I don't know if anyone received the album from Dine Alone yet.
    I haven't yet. Canada Post tracking says it'll be here on the 16th. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    TL61540 said:

No download card though. Not sure if there was suppose to be one or not. But it would be nice to listen when I am walking around.
    Yah.. its kind of weird to have to "borrow" something you bought, but it's often the only solution when buying vinyl :(
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Two blacks for me!
  • DC29940 said:
    On my second listen at the moment. Anyone else getting a strong QOTSA vibe from it? That's the closest thing I can liken it to so far and am really liking it! Can't wait for the vinyl.
    Yes, that is one of the first things I thought of when I started listening to it.  Nice to know it's not just me.  Matt's pretty busy, but I think him and Homme could make some great music together.
    edited October 2017
    TL61540 said:

Sweet score on both colored vinyl.

Check out https://mattcameron.bandcamp.com/album/cavedweller . Can hear the whole album there on the go.

• EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 473
    TL61540 said:

both from Tenclub?
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Plain black vinyl for me. This is a really, really good record!
    edited October 2017
    Black & colored vinyl arrived. The colored one is sweet!

Probably hunt down the other colored variant in the day's ahead. 

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    DC29940 said:
    On my second listen at the moment. Anyone else getting a strong QOTSA vibe from it? That's the closest thing I can liken it to so far and am really liking it! Can't wait for the vinyl.
    Yes, that is one of the first things I thought of when I started listening to it.  Nice to know it's not just me.  Matt's pretty busy, but I think him and Homme could make some great music together.
    I got more of an Alain Johannes vibe from it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,102
    HFD, you just opened my mind to Alain Johannes. I'm researching his career now. Impressive stuff. What's your favorite stuff from him, if you have any? Top 5 recommendations, be it songs or albums. 
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
    edited October 2017

MATT CAMERON'S 'CAVEDWELLER' NOW AVAILABLE ON VINYL

NEWS OCTOBER 16 2017

Before joining Soundgarden and Pearl Jam, Matt cut a handful of solo songs on Seattle cassette compilations under the name Cavedweller in the 1980’s. Matt had recently relocated from his native San Diego to Seattle and introduced himself to the seminal scene he would eventually serve as a cornerstone member. 

“I thought it would be cool to use that name again three decades later,” said Matt on Cavedweller. “I’ve been writing my own songs since I was 17-years-old. I always enjoyed playing guitar and trying to cultivate my voice as a songwriter. However, I’ve been lucky to play in bands with the best singers and lyricists of my generation. My voice was never necessarily needed in them. With this album, I wanted to really make my vocals and guitar playing come through. It’s almost like I tried to start a solo career 30 years ago, and I’m just now getting back to it.” Read more at Billboard.com

Order Vinyl in the SHOP 

Stream on Spotify

Purchase on iTunes

Check out the lyric video for "Time Can't Wait"

Post edited by demetrios on
  • halvhalv Posts: 675
    Plain black for me. Don't care. Love this album. Wish it came with a download card. 
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,541
    Dine Alone copy copy came, this one is the blue/white split.
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    Enzed said:
    bazzer said:
    Every report of a black from 10c feels like it improves my chance of getting something nicely coloured!  =)
    Dude must be made of cash if you ordered via Tenclub. You must be some sort of tycoon.
    Haha, sure. Black for me. I don't mind too much, but I'm a sucker for coloured vinyl so I'll probably order a few more...

Did you go for dine alone? Was it that much cheaper?
    edited October 2017
    For those who live outside USA and received their copy from 10club, did you get hit with customs? 
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • TuTeTuTe Posts: 138
    demetrios said:
    For those who live outside and received their copy from 10club, did you get hit with customs? 
    No customs for me here in Norway :)
    TuTe said:
    demetrios said:
    For those who live outside USA and received their copy from 10club, did you get hit with customs? 
    No customs for me here in Norway :)
    Awesome!
    demetrios said:
    Not in NZ, but our threshold is much higher.
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 903
    edited October 2017
    Dine Alone blue/black arrived in the UK =)
    Post edited by rw160510 on
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,204
    edited October 2017
    lol at the jackoff who listed a color for $300 on discogs. if you're on here and reading this, you can gfy.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    AndySlash said:
    lol at the jackoff who listed a color for $300 on discogs. if you're on here and reading this, you can gfy.
    Wow! What the!?
    www.cluthelee.com
    bazzer said:
    Enzed said:
    bazzer said:
    Every report of a black from 10c feels like it improves my chance of getting something nicely coloured!  =)
    Dude must be made of cash if you ordered via Tenclub. You must be some sort of tycoon.
    Haha, sure. Black for me. I don't mind too much, but I'm a sucker for coloured vinyl so I'll probably order a few more...

heck yes I went for dine alone.  Can't remember what the tenclub final price including postage was, but Dine Alone was less than $37NZD including postage from Canada.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
    So - from dudes that got it from Dine Alone, are there now reports of 2 coloured variants?  The Blue/White split, and the Blue/Black swirl?
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630
    DC29940 said:
    oh man, that would one hell of a duo.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    Enzed said:
    So - from dudes that got it from Dine Alone, are there now reports of 2 coloured variants?  The Blue/White split, and the Blue/Black swirl?
    Ten Club and Dine Alone have black, split, and blue.  There are no differences.
    Enzed said:
    bazzer said:
    Enzed said:
    bazzer said:

heck yes I went for dine alone.  Can't remember what the tenclub final price including postage was, but Dine Alone was less than $37NZD including postage from Canada.
    Probably twice that! :cry:
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,102
    demetrios said:
    Yes I got charged customs. $14.
    Calgary
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!