Least favorite album cover?

2»

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,430
    Ten
    We should get @MedozK to do an Album Cover weakest link.
  • Lightning bolt
    PJ_Soul said:
    Pearl Jam is visual disaster. Sort of. Just so weird how they come to the decision to go with that art direction.

Backspacer doesn't have an illustration-style I really dig. The digital coloring and the gradients looks cheap. It is also weird having the cover split up in 9 tiles like that. Maybe should have been 9 variants instead.

Lightning bolt looks like "adobe illustrator tutorial for beginners No1". Not a fan of that clean look. Didn't work at all printed and on t-shirts and such. 

Riot Act, Vitalogy and No Code are the champs.
    I am not in love with the cover (I don't hate it either - I mean, it's a halved avocado. How is that THAT bad? ;) ). But the inner gatefold art on that album is super duper cool IMO. I find it impossible to separate that from the front of it.
    excellent point. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• riley540riley540 Posts: 1,132
    No Code
    We should get @MedozK to do an Album Cover weakest link.
    That would be sweet. @MedozK is more than welcome to use these results and a conclusion to round 1. 
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,106
    Pearl Jam
    Who said Vitalogy?  Get a rope...
    Votes for No Code and Vitalogy are rare cases that violate freedom of speech.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • riley540riley540 Posts: 1,132
    No Code
    evsgjamm said:
    There's a set of lips on No Code that I just don't like very much. It's an an annoying set of lips to me. 
    Pearl Jam
    hahaha. Just laughing over here. Fair enough to the odd set of lips.
    That cover, when I first saw it in my early teen years, was all kinds of confusing to me too. Creepy in ways. Probably because of those damn lips! hahah.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

• Backspacer
    riley540 said:
    evsgjamm said:
    There's a set of lips on No Code that I just don't like very much. It's an an annoying set of lips to me. 

This gave me the giggles. Never heard lips described as "annoying" before.
  • Vitalogy

I don't like letters with swirls...

Charlotte '96
    Raleigh '03
    Charlotte '13
    Cincinnati '14
    Greenville '16, Columbia '16
    Nashville '22
    Pearl Jam
    haha. ahhhhhh too funny. 

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,180
    edited September 2017
    Pearl Jam
    DW139059 said:

riley540 said:
    evsgjamm said:

Yeah, that must really make it worse than this...

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    No Code
    An avocado on a blue background is fine, it's a neutral sort of thing, a take on still fruit.

No Code cover is an abomination.  A random mishmash of ugly photos.  It may be artistic (MAY, it's a bit 7th grade-ish) but it's ugly as sin.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,984
    No Code
    I like the self-titled cover...love the shade of blue...the cover is (for lack of a better term) crisp.  

For me me it was among Vs, No Code, and  Backspacer.  Overall, covers are not great. 
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Lightning bolt
    OnWis97 said:
    I like the self-titled cover...love the shade of blue...the cover is (for lack of a better term) crisp.  

For me me it was among Vs, No Code, and  Backspacer.  Overall, covers are not great. 
    I like Vs. It has meaning to how they were feeling at the time. 

www.headstonesband.com

• Lightning bolt
    rgambs said:
    An avocado on a blue background is fine, it's a neutral sort of thing, a take on still fruit.

No Code cover is an abomination.  A random mishmash of ugly photos.  It may be artistic (MAY, it's a bit 7th grade-ish) but it's ugly as sin.
    but that was the point of it, wasn't it? full of code/no code at all?

www.headstonesband.com

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,895
    Backspacer
    DW139059 said:

I don't like that cover because it's not original. It's a direct copy of a book PJ had nothing to do with. I have no clue why anyone would give the band credit for it at all.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Pearl Jam
    The self titled album by a country mile. I don't get how No Code through Riot Act would have any votes. Same for Vitalogy. 

Binaural is my favorite complete package with it being my favorite musically and with artwork. 

On the flip side, Pearl Jam is the virtual opposite. Least favorite music and art. 
  • reesdogreesdog Posts: 1,981
    Lightning bolt
    Lightning Bolt is hideously bland, the artwork and the music, I sold my vinyl copy, good riddance I say..
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.