Poll--The Weakest Link: Rearviewmirror (Sides 3 & 4), Final

2»

Comments

• SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Corduroy
    RVM!
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    Corduroy
    PJ_Soul said:
    I am sad about I Got Id.

I consider RVM one of the band's greatest. It's basically perfect.
    Me too! And live it's absolutely the best!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,430
    edited July 2017
    Rearviewmirror
    I find it odd that Rearviewmirror can't even make it out of the semi's in the championship poll which Corduroy won but is beating Corduroy head to head. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Rearviewmirror
    PJNB said:
    I find it odd that Rearviewmirror can't even make it out of the semi's in the championship poll which Corduroy won but is beating Corduroy head to head. 
    Yep.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,381
    Rearviewmirror
    PJNB said:
    Yeah. Makes total sense :weary:
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • rummyrummy Posts: 4,436
    Rearviewmirror
    PJNB said:
    I think some people are changing their vote to give another song a chance at winning. Hey, we all love Corduroy (most of us do, anyway) but many want to give something else a chance to be recognized. Plus, Release isn't on this compilation.

FTR: I still voted against RVM.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,430
    Rearviewmirror
    I like Corduroy better. Studio and live. Always have.  RVM is still good but anytime I hear it now, my only thought is "well, here's the end of the set."
    Rearviewmirror
    I like Corduroy better. Studio and live. Always have.  RVM is still good but anytime I hear it now, my only thought is "well, here's the end of the set."
    Kind of like when they play "Alive" but instead we're thinking, "The show will soon be over."
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,895
    Corduroy
    (but I'm voting for the song. As in the studio version)
    Yeah, that is how I've been voting the whole time. Considering particular lives versions over the studio version doesn't quite ring true in the context of these polls IMHO.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 740
    Corduroy
    PJ_Soul said:
    (but I'm voting for the song. As in the studio version)
    Yeah, that is how I've been voting the whole time. Considering particular lives versions over the studio version doesn't quite ring true in the context of these polls IMHO.

Agreed. Especially in the context of the Rearviewmirror release. Which, seriously people... if RVM doesn't win, isn't it kind of silly. Get on board!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,430
    Rearviewmirror
    rummy said:
    Kind of like when they play "Alive" but instead we're thinking, "The show will soon be over."
    Exactly.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,627
    Corduroy
    derbydave said:
    No way I'd ever vote Corduroy a "weakest link"
    I struggled....Corduroy is my favorite but RVM is a more intricate tune.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • pearljam1809pearljam1809 Posts: 863
    Corduroy
    rummy said:
    Exactly.
    that`s the only reason why I started to "dislike" Alive, makes me sad, whatever they play after that song doesn´t change the feeling
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,304
    Rearviewmirror
    pjruss said:
    This is like choosing which of my balls I like better. 
    I'm going with my left, for sure. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,730
    Corduroy
    Ending this one in a tie would be great.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Rearviewmirror
    brianlux said:
    Ending this one in a tie would be great.
    Corduroy is indeed making a bit of a comeback but time is running out!
  • Flying MXZFlying MXZ Posts: 45
    Corduroy
    Probably my top 2 songs but RVM has been #1 for a long time.
    edited July 2017
    Rearviewmirror
    So I guess it'll be Alive vs RVM in the semi-final or will there be some sort of "cross over" with the "Down Side" winners?

Black and Given to Fly are my predictions (but not necessarily picks) for the other two LPs.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,895
    edited July 2017
    Corduroy
    rummy said:
    So I guess it'll be Alive vs RVM in the semi-final or will there be some sort of "cross over" with the "Down Side" winners?

Black and Given to Fly are my predictions (but not necessarily picks) for the other two LPs.
    Oh, are we done already?? RVM is a 4 LP album... aren't we only halfway done?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • pearljam1809pearljam1809 Posts: 863
    Corduroy

Isn´t it time to close this poll? Corduroy is getting closer....
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    Rearviewmirror
    And Rearviewmirror wins (Sides 3 & 4)
    Rearviewmirror
    PJ_Soul said:
    rummy said:

Oh, are we done already?? RVM is a 4 LP album... aren't we only halfway done?
    Black and GTF winning was just my prediction for the second half. Nothing more. 
This discussion has been closed.