2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Eesh.

Canada taking some hits here lol. America and Canada are not that far apart in concept; however, I do think there is a difference in quality. The majority of the food in Canada is actual food grown from or raised on the earth... versus cultivated in a laboratory.

I've struggled through more meals in America than I care to count.

American cheese? That's not even cheese. What is it?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Eesh.

Canada taking some hits here lol. America and Canada are not that far apart in concept; however, I do think there is a difference in quality. The majority of the food in Canada is actual food grown from or raised on the earth... versus cultivated in a laboratory.

Pasteurised processed cheese product.
    Invented by Kraft for shelf stability in times when that was more important than today.

American cheese certainly has it's place in the world of delicious foods. 
    Gourmet grilled cheese with whatever fancy cheeses you can conjure will never beat a classic Velveeta grilled cheese.  It's cheesier than cheese and melts better than any natural cheese combination.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    Eesh.

Invented by Kraft for shelf stability in times when that was more important than today.

Gourmet grilled cheese with whatever fancy cheeses you can conjure will never beat a classic Velveeta grilled cheese.  It's cheesier than cheese and melts better than any natural cheese combination.
    Lol

I know it tastes good: it's basically oil.

All the great stuff in the world is bad for us. The sun. Booze. Big Macs. Etc.

Why can't Doritos be health food? Why does it have to be kale?
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    rgambs said:
    Eesh.

YOU ARE cheesier than cheese. 

It had to be said ;) 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Velvetta is gross!  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    Eesh.

Heathen. 
  • Options
    I am on my way to a wedding in manhattan; fingers crossed there is some pizza. 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Had trout at the wedding I was at last night. No pizza but some good beer. Found another IPA I like, Maine Lunch.
  • Options

• Options
    look at that fold.  
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    That traditional looks amazing, especially the crust how it’s rolled up around the edges.  Question...is it customary just to get plain cheese in NY (and surrounding areas)? I know you can get any toppings you want, but most pics I see of east coast pies tend to be cheese. I’m wondering if it’s frowned upon to dress a pizza up with, let’s say, sausage and green pepper (my personal go-to). Also, do round pies ever get cut in squares? I know the square pies do, but round? 
  • Options
    And folding makes me think I’d eat twice as much. I’d put down a full slice in about 6 bites vs. 12 bites unfolded. The result...eating twice as many slices. Lol 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    That traditional looks amazing, especially the crust how it’s rolled up around the edges.  Question...is it customary just to get plain cheese in NY (and surrounding areas)? I know you can get any toppings you want, but most pics I see of east coast pies tend to be cheese. I’m wondering if it’s frowned upon to dress a pizza up with, let’s say, sausage and green pepper (my personal go-to). Also, do round pies ever get cut in squares? I know the square pies do, but round? 
    My wife and I will usually go plain because that is the one topping everyone agrees on and to me it tastes the best.  We ll occasionally get pepperoni but that's about it.  I think it just comes down to personal taste.  
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    And folding makes me think I’d eat twice as much. I’d put down a full slice in about 6 bites vs. 12 bites unfolded. The result...eating twice as many slices. Lol 
    Embrace the fold, it'll change your life.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    My wife and I will usually go plain because that is the one topping everyone agrees on and to me it tastes the best.  We ll occasionally get pepperoni but that's about it.  I think it just comes down to personal taste.  
    Interesting. So if I walked into an old school pizza joint in Brooklyn and asked for sausage and green pepper I wouldn’t get laughed at? 

For comparison, I can tell you, in all honesty, there are a few hot dog stands in Chicago that someone would definitely get laughed at for asking for ketchup on their dog. They don’t even carry ketchup in the restaurant. 
  • Options
    I wouldn't think so, sausage and pepper is very popular too.
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    According to science, New Yorkers tend to have very bland tastes- it suits their personalities.

Further... it's tough to find truly 'fresh' vegetables (such as green peppers) in the concrete jungle; therefore, under the guise of 'sophistication'... New Yorkers will tell you that cheese pizza is 'the only way to have it'.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    bbiggs said:
    According to science, New Yorkers tend to have very bland tastes- it suits their personalities.

Further... it's tough to find truly 'fresh' vegetables (such as green peppers) in the concrete jungle; therefore, under the guise of 'sophistication'... New Yorkers will tell you that cheese pizza is 'the only way to have it'.
    You want me to ruin a perfect cracker crust with the extra weight and moisture that come from added toppings? Fuhgeddaboudit.

A side salad is preferable. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    dankind said:
    bbiggs said:

You want me to ruin a perfect cracker crust with the extra weight and moisture that come from added toppings? Fuhgeddaboudit.

A cracker crust wouldn’t be foldable, which is sacrilegious in those parts from what I understand. 
    Post edited by bbiggs on
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Interesting. So if I walked into an old school pizza joint in Brooklyn and asked for sausage and green pepper I wouldn’t get laughed at? 

For comparison, I can tell you, in all honesty, there are a few hot dog stands in Chicago that someone would definitely get laughed at for asking for ketchup on their dog. They don’t even carry ketchup in the restaurant. 
    Not sure about Chicago but pizzerias around here sell a lot of slices. They usually have about ten to fifteen different toppings on them.  They vary from buffalo chicken to pasta to arugula.  
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    dankind said:
    bbiggs said:

A cracker crust wouldn’t be foldable, which is sac religious in those parts from what I understand. 

"Sac religious" :lol:

What kind of sack are we talking about?
  • Options
    Oh and I have been to only one place that cuts a round pizza into squares.   
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    dankind said:
    bbiggs said:

A cracker crust wouldn’t be foldable, which is sac religious in those parts from what I understand. 

"Sac religious" :lol:

What kind of sack are we talking about?
    Lol. Damn auto correct! 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Oh and I have been to only one place that cuts a round pizza into squares.   
    That’s crazy. I’d say it’s definitely more common to get a round pie cut into squares in Chicago. You could request either way, of course. 
  • Options
    What’s the draw of a square slice?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    It can’t be folded? Lol. No clue actually. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It can’t be folded? Lol. No clue actually. 
    Anything can be folded! 
  • Options
    Tough to see but our next door neighbor just dropped off stuffed shells (there were six lol) and meatballs. Perfect cure for a hangover. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Tough to see but our next door neighbor just dropped off stuffed shells (there were six lol) and meatballs. Perfect cure for a hangover. 
    You've got an awesome neighbour!