The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    Wobbie said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yuck. Is that what all calamari looks like in America or what?

The rings here are a fraction of that size. Weird! 

that kinda explains another, unrelated, canadian/american thing.
    I am genuinely unsure about how to take that. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    PJ_Soul said:
    Wobbie said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

The rings here are a fraction of that size. Weird! 

that kinda explains another, unrelated, canadian/american thing.
    I am genuinely unsure about how to take that. :lol:
    I can’t imagine pairing the sauce you mentioned with calamari lol. I think of gyros with that sauce! Lol
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    NJ guy telling a BC person (these people are known to be the most awesome people in the world) that ketchup with uniformed calamari is the best pairing.

I'm with you on the tzatziki with calamari- light, fresh, tasty. Mmmmm.

I think he's sour because you never liked the slice of NY pizza that flopped in your hands with the cheese sliding to the pavement and hot marinara scalding your thumb. 

Soul... don't ever forget that 'American Cheese' is some weird powder stuff mixed with water that is poured over nachos and hot dogs.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    edited May 2018
    Ketchup
    I just laugh at everything after that.
    #crazy

Man chowder on Calamari is fuckin gross.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    I love Canada.  Your food contributions total a giant wet fart.  Poutine and what else?
  • Options
    I love Canada.  Your food contributions total a giant wet fart.  Poutine and what else?
    Lol

The only thing I can say in response to this is whatever the hell we're eating up here... it hasn't inflated our waist lines like the American's food has done to them.

We need better tasting food! 
  • Options
    Ketchup
    #crazy

Lol. Do they not know how to make sauce?! Del do you buy jars of ragu?
  • Options
    Hahaha!  Americans are fat?
    Of course.
    Dumb, also.

Jars of sauce = no flavor.  I guess that is why a bowl of jizz is served with calamari.
    Gross

• Options
    Sauce for your pizza - or fried calamari.
    Basic and 10x any jar product.  (Or any bucked of jizz)
    https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1015987-classic-marinara-sauce

• Options
    edited May 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I guess in nj,ny and pa it looks like that. It was tasty Allie!  What does fried calamari look like in bc?
    Usually like this. Your version is missing by FAR the best part - the parts with the little tentacles. So tasty! And I don't understand why the rings are so massive for yours. The rings here are a fraction of that size. Weird!

The tentacles were buried in the bottom lol. Is that tartar sauce?  Try marinara instead!
    Ew, no, not tartar sauce. It's Tzatziki. It usually comes with at least that, but often also with a spicy chipotle-type sauce too.
    The idea of marinara sauce on calamari sickens me. :lol: I am going full-on calamari snob on you dude!!! ;)
    What the hell are the white sticks on top and what are their purpose? Is the lemon burned?
    and Allie, when in New York why did you wait so long for a slice from sbarro’s?  I didn’t realize they were still in business. 
  • Options
    Hahaha!  Americans are fat?
    Of course.
    Dumb, also.

Jars of sauce = no flavor.  I guess that is why a bowl of jizz is served with calamari.
    Gross

You guys eat mayo with fries so don't give me no jizz sass.

And I don't care how dumb and fat you are... I think you guys are cool!
  • Options
    Ha.  
    I'm not fat, but dumb is up for discussion.
    I have never (ever) seen someone use mayo with fries.
    This is something they do in Japan.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ketchup
    #crazy

Lol

One thing about the marinara... I love it, but it gives me heartburn. I take medication to control it. If I skip my little pill and I slam back a bunch of it... I get it badly. A by-product of age.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ketchup
    #crazy

Lol

One thing about the marinara... I love it, but it gives me heartburn. I take medication to control it. If I skip my little pill and I slam back a bunch of it... I get it badly. A by-product of age.
    It must suck being sixty.  But seriously I used to get heartburn real bad, definitely got to watch what you eat. 
    Do Americans eat mayo with French fries? I thought that was a European thing. Mayo is the most disgusting thing on earth, it should be made illegal. 
  • Options
    Mayo is for BLTs and not much else.
    My wife also gets horrible heartburn with sauce, which is why we always get a white pizza for her.
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    I think that mayo with fries thing is pretty gross as well and I'm Canadian. Never understood it
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Mayo mixed with ketchup on fries, rings or—hot damn!—tots is the bomb diggity!

If it makes me a fat fuck, so be it. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Mayo mixed with ketchup on fries, rings or—hot damn!—tots is the bomb diggity!

If it makes me a fat fuck, so be it. 
    God damn that is nasty Dan!!
  • Options
    Today, I'm thinking....sausage, pepperoni, olive, basil over sauce, mozzarella and ricotta.

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    No mayo on anything. Ever. 
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Fancy sauce! 

Y'all never ate a Whopper or a Wendy's burger?
    When ketchup and mayo mingle, there's magic in the air.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Also, Mayo is not disgusting, that's just dumb.  Maybe you don't like it, billions of people do for a reason.
    I can't imagine a cheesesteak sandwich without Mayo, the lack of tang would leave it completely unbalanced.

Despite what NY meatheads and Italians may tell the world, there are other sauces out there.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    Also, Mayo is not disgusting, that's just dumb.  Maybe you don't like it, billions of people do for a reason.
    I can't imagine a cheesesteak sandwich without Mayo, the lack of tang would leave it completely unbalanced.

Despite what NY meatheads and Italians may tell the world, there are other sauces out there.
    Mayo on a cheesesteak?  You just ruined the cheese steak!
  • Options
    Condiments on pizza is a bizzare thing.  People can choose to put ranch sauce or other stuff with their slice but I'm not going that way.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

Mayo on a cheesesteak?  You just ruined the cheese steak!
    Chipotle mayo on a cheesesteak is so goddamn good!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    I have never seen mayo on a steak but they do have an option to add marinara and they call it a pizza steak.
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    mcgruff10 said:
    Lol. I ve been to Ireland on three separate trips and I don’t ever remember eating pizza. 
    There's nothing more Irish than an Italian style take away, staffed by Polish immigrants. We are very eh, multicultural in our lazy type delicacies.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    mcgruff10 said:
    Lol. I ve been to Ireland on three separate trips and I don’t ever remember eating pizza. 
    There's nothing more Irish than an Italian style take away, staffed by Polish immigrants. We are very eh, multicultural in our lazy type delicacies.
    Don't worry, the Italian pizzerias in New York are staffed with Mexicans.
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    That sounds like a mix of my 2 favourite types of food. We have a great restaurant in Dublin actually called Mexico To Rome, which serves both.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    That sounds like a mix of my 2 favourite types of food. We have a great restaurant in Dublin actually called Mexico To Rome, which serves both.
    Lol. Funny stuff.  Do you live close to Dublin?