Options

Eddie Vedder 2017 merchandise

Comments

• Options
    MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 324
    Any idea how many show editions sold at the venue were printed for London?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,157
    Shipping email from Bottleneck Gallery . Sweet! :) 
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,965
    demetrios said:
    Yes! and from Mitch Putnam at pretty much the same time :bee:

• Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    demetrios said:

Got mine from Mitch too...stoked to get the Ken Taylor poster!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    Glad I decided to step back to collecting only posters/prints of shows I've attended for the most part. Sounds like to much frustration going on with these sells lately. Plus it keeps $$$ in my pocket, that's the best part. :)

I don't see why anyone should have an issue with someone buying posters/prints from shows they didn't attend, unless it's for the purpose of flipping it right away.
  • Options
    KL252150KL252150 Posts: 2

feeling "lucky" this week. after scoring a Pittides was doubtful on a Mumford. managed to get one (yay!). looking forward to framing both.

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Any insider info on EV prints for Ireland?
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    PJNB said:
    my2hands said:
    So, how many people that DIDN'T attend the show buy these posters?
    Too many "collectors" that want everything even if they weren't there 
    Are we really knocking people for buying a print for a show that they did not attend?

I'm not knocking anything or anybody... just pointing out why posters for shows with an attendance of 3,000 sell out in 30 seconds like 30,000 people were there

People can buy what they want... sell what they want... trade what they want... doesn't bother me at all... we own several posters ourselves and have several framed and hanging

What bothers me is they watch this year after year and don't seem to increase print runs or at least the artist print runs... a lot of PJ fans are insane collectors at this point, or flippers, so the least that should happen is 200 prints for the artist... and I would have no issue with artists like Brad selling their PJ/EV prints for $200
  • Options
    KW6232KW6232 Posts: 351
    Bummed out.  Had the Mumford in my cart got all the way through paypal and when hit pay goes back to site and says out of stock. 
    Oh well it is what it is. 
  • Options
    dadesdades Posts: 321
    KW6232 said:
    Bummed out.  Had the Mumford in my cart got all the way through paypal and when hit pay goes back to site and says out of stock. 
    Same here, first show I have been to and didn't manage to get the poster.
    Might try for a trade now, only thing is, only have one poster that I think will get me a Mumford..........Crackerjack. Got it in the mystery poster sale.
    Gonna have to think long and hard about this though........
    Glasgow Cathouse 1992
    Glasgow S.E.C.C. 2000
    Shepherds Bush 2009 - M.E.N 2009 - London O2 2009
    Boston 2010 - Newark 2010 - MSG1+2 2010 - Dublin 2010 - Belfast 2010
    London 2010
    Manchester 1+2 2012 EV Manchester 2012 EV London 31/7/2012
    Philly 1+2 2013 - Hartford 2013
    Berlin 2014 Leeds 2014
    Fenway 2 2016
    EV London 1+2 2017
    London 1+2 - Berlin 2018
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    dades said:
    KW6232 said:
    Same here, first show I have been to and didn't manage to get the poster.
    Might try for a trade now, only thing is, only have one poster that I think will get me a Mumford..........Crackerjack. Got it in the mystery poster sale.
    Gonna have to think long and hard about this though........
    Deal lol
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,063
    my2hands said:
    PJNB said:
    my2hands said:
    Are we really knocking people for buying a print for a show that they did not attend?

I'm not knocking anything or anybody... just pointing out why posters for shows with an attendance of 3,000 sell out in 30 seconds like 30,000 people were there

People can buy what they want... sell what they want... trade what they want... doesn't bother me at all... we own several posters ourselves and have several framed and hanging

What bothers me is they watch this year after year and don't seem to increase print runs or at least the artist print runs... a lot of PJ fans are insane collectors at this point, or flippers, so the least that should happen is 200 prints for the artist... and I would have no issue with artists like Brad selling their PJ/EV prints for $200

I only recently got the bug of buying concert posters as art, and I have all of them displayed. I particularly like getting A/P, of which I have 3. 

After the last Mystery Box sale, I did notice that a lot of fans only buy merchandise to use as currency for other trades, which also feeds into the market of buying items for non-attended shows. I'm cool with that too, as it eventually stays within reach of fan's wallets. 

• Options
    derbydave said:
    demetrios said:

Got mine from Mitch too...stoked to get the Ken Taylor poster!!
    Me too from Mitch. :) 
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    hihobibo said:
    my2hands said:
    PJNB said:
    my2hands said:

I only recently got the bug of buying concert posters as art, and I have all of them displayed. I particularly like getting A/P, of which I have 3. 

After the last Mystery Box sale, I did notice that a lot of fans only buy merchandise to use as currency for other trades, which also feeds into the market of buying items for non-attended shows. I'm cool with that too, as it eventually stays within reach of fan's wallets. 

It's a free world... it is what it is and there isn't much you or I can do about it

Again, I think the solution is adding quantity and upping the price

When neil young plays a small venue... if you want 5th row it costs $275... which I have no problem with, because it gives me the chance to buy it directly from the onsale and give that $ to the artist instead of some guy sitting in his underpants on the couch making more than Neil on his own ticket.... same here, I would rather pay Brad $200 and likely get a print I want, making sure he gets all the money, instead of a flipper making more than Brad on his own print
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    my2hands said:
    hihobibo said:
    my2hands said:
    PJNB said:
    my2hands said:

It's a free world... it is what it is and there isn't much you or I can do about it

When neil young plays a small venue... if you want 5th row it costs $275... which I have no problem with, because it gives me the chance to buy it directly from the onsale and give that $ to the artist instead of some guy sitting in his underpants on the couch making more than Neil on his own ticket.... same here, I would rather pay Brad $200 and likely get a print I want, making sure he gets all the money, instead of a flipper making more than Brad on his own print

Absolutely!!!! :clap:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,407
    edited June 2017
    While that sounds great upping the price for the artist, I can't help but think then it becomes a rich (wo)mans game. Keeping it affordable is one of the best things about it and you have to expect to lose/win some. I expect to pay more for the sig and variant, but I don't want to break the bank because of it. I have to believe that the number of people paying above even $200 is relatively low until it becomes some sort of grail. 

Edit- im all for increasing the print runs though
    Post edited by drakeheuer14 on
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    my2hands said:

Raising the quantity wouldn't be a bad thing. But raising the price won't solve the issue. The flippers will just buy the more expensive posters/prints, then causing the people who missed out to pay more on the secondary market. Just look at the Wrigley posters/prints that Faile sold at extremely high prices. It didn't stop the flippers from buying them and putting them up for sale at huge mark-ups.

If the bands would let the artist do a timed sell, where you have a day or two, or whatever to order, that would cut down on the issues a lot.

Edit correction* Wrigley had Faile, not Fenway.

Post edited by EM194007 on
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    scurtis said:
    Missed this sale too.  Haha

I laugh cause I had it all loaded up and ready to go, but fell asleep.

We had a kid last night so I was up late, so this doesn't sting in the slightest, find it funny though.
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Thanks Andy!
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    scurtis said:

We had a kid last night so I was up late, so this doesn't sting in the slightest, find it funny though.
    Lmao I love how nonchalant you are about having a child. Kids are awesome! Congrats!
    Haha yeah it's my third.  Always very special though.
  • Options

Sarava said:
    scurtis said:

That is awesome. Congratulations!
    Thanks a lot!
  • Options
    Thats hilarious.  Congrats!

i picture some lunatics here hoping their kids aren't born on the 10th of the month :lol:
    Haha, thanks!
  • Options

KC138045 said:
    Thats hilarious.  Congrats!

i picture some lunatics here hoping their kids aren't born on the 10th of the month :lol:
    That poor kid would be ridiculed for years.  

"Just had to born on the 10th?  Because of you I missed out on a vault release"
    I will razz her for sure for costing me some posters.

;)
  • Options
    scurtis said:

Didn't see that earlier. Congratulations!
  • Options
    pjrusspjruss Posts: 463
    15 of the AP's that went on sale today have already sold on eBay. 6 more are for sale. 

So.....exactly 21% of the people to buy this print are straight up flippers. 

I'm sure there are some that bought it with the intention to trade down the road. 

Not really sure what this proves, if anything. I guess 20% isn't that horrible. It does amaze me that people are selling items they don't even have yet....
  • Options
    SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    This is just nuts.  I really hope the 10C drops a few for those who missed out.

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,136
    my2hands said:
    hihobibo said:
    my2hands said:
    PJNB said:
    my2hands said:

They ran the presses on the pj posters in 2016. Even Fenway/Wrigley had more than the regular tour. 
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,897
    This poster mayham is normal, it happens no matter what tour. Eventually another cool one comes out and knocks the next one out. It's just about what people like and if they let the storm calm and feeding frenzy slow down, they'll get what they want when people realize they're not going to get those ridiculous prices they want. Been some nice posters this tour but there are still a lot of other great ones out there from the past that exist, AND, more shows to come and I'm pretty sure a U.S. tour will follow eventually. Tour time is flipper paradise..... Just ride it out and you'll eventually get your hands on the one you like for a NORMAL PRICE, NOT WHAT SOMEONE PUTS UP FOR SALE CAUSE THEY THINK IT WILL ACTUALLY BE SOLD AT A RIDICULOUS COST. We've all been around this place for awhile now, it will never change.
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    Attaway77 said:
    This poster mayham is normal, it happens no matter what tour. Eventually another cool one comes out and knocks the next one out. It's just about what people like and if they let the storm calm and feeding frenzy slow down, they'll get what they want when people realize they're not going to get those ridiculous prices they want. Been some nice posters this tour but there are still a lot of other great ones out there from the past that exist, AND, more shows to come and I'm pretty sure a U.S. tour will follow eventually. Tour time is flipper paradise..... Just ride it out and you'll eventually get your hands on the one you like for a NORMAL PRICE, NOT WHAT SOMEONE PUTS UP FOR SALE CAUSE THEY THINK IT WILL ACTUALLY BE SOLD AT A RIDICULOUS COST. We've all been around this place for awhile now, it will never change.
    It's a different world now...
  • Options
    ISO Ireland and Italy flag pins!  Buy or trade!!!
  • Options