ISO; 1 GA for U2 Seattle

White DiscussionWhite Discussion Posts: 2,812
edited May 2017 in Lost Dogs
Please pm me if you can help out at all.  I know these are available for transfer so process should be easy.

Thanks

Post edited by White Discussion on

Comments

• nuzzer1nuzzer1 Posts: 1,437
    Keep checking Ticketmaster too - there was a GA drop a few days ago. If you follow @atU2 on Twitter, they'll keep you updated.
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,274
    Please pm me if you can help out at all.  I know these are available for transfer so process should be easy.

Thanks

Are you sure, the ones in Vancouver are credit card entry only.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • White DiscussionWhite Discussion Posts: 2,812
    Yea you can transfer them on ticketmaster and the new owner uses their credit card for entry
    Yea you can transfer them on ticketmaster and the new owner uses their credit card for entry
    Strange, you can't do that on any credit card only shows in Vancouver. 
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • adusickadusick Posts: 1,387
    Bump
  • Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,396
    They're available on everybody's favorite resale site for about face value. I bought one earlier this week for $150 delivered. It came on an AmEx gift card with instructions for entry. 
    Up
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,898
    Horse2345 said:
    Correct. It specifically says that they aren't transferrable right on the ticket on TM. But I have indeed read other talking about how they can. I have no idea why Vancouver would be excluded from this. Seems unfair.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    Horse2345 said:
    Correct. It specifically says that they aren't transferrable right on the ticket on TM. But I have indeed read other talking about how they can. I have no idea why Vancouver would be excluded from this. Seems unfair.
    No option in my ticketmaster either. Not sure what the point of credit card only is if you can transfer them?
    edited May 2017
    Went on ticketmaster.com and it specifically states credit card entry is NON TRANSFERABLE for Seattle show.
    Post edited by Horse2345 on
  • nuzzer1nuzzer1 Posts: 1,437
    Horse2345 said:
    Went on ticketmaster.com and it specifically states credit card entry is NON TRANSFERABLE for Seattle show.
    That is my understanding too but according to someone else on here if the transfer button is there, it works. Also, Folks who are selling are often willing to send their CC in the mail to the buyer for entry. 

Laws might be be different by venue as well. 
    Thanks for the input guys.  Will keep trying TM for a drop
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,688
    There will be lots of drops  and I'm  sure you'd  be able to get what you need out front for under face value.
    There will be lots of drops  and I'm  sure you'd  be able to get what you need out front for under face value.

Cool

Horse2345 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Horse2345 said:
    No option in my ticketmaster either. Not sure what the point of credit card only is if you can transfer them?
    To make sure that whoever gets in bought the ticket from ticketmaster and not a scalper.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    Horse2345 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Horse2345 said:
    To make sure that whoever gets in bought the ticket from ticketmaster and not a scalper.
    Yea thats why i said i dont know what the point is of you can transfer them.
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,531
    Not meaning to hijack the thread, but since there has been talk about Vancouver, does anyone by chance have one extra GA for Vancouver? I could meet you before the show and bring along cash and a PJ goodie for your trouble. Thanks!
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
    Bump
    need only 1 now
    edited May 2017
    Horse2345 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Horse2345 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Horse2345 said:
    Yea thats why i said i dont know what the point is of you can transfer them.
    Sorry, I was thinking selling them back to ticketmaster, not transferring them. I got my terms confused. ;) You'd think that transferring CC only entry tickets would be easy though. Just transfer them to another TM account, and then the CC assigned to that account automatically replaces the original buyer's info. Obviously they haven't done that because then scalpers could just transfer tickets to people for huge amounts of money... they should just allow ticket transfers that would then reimburse the original buyer automatically, and then charge the new ticket holder automatically. Then they'd still never go for more than face value. Easy peasy.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on