Options

TOP PEARL JAM SHOWS OF ALL TIME (according to SVRDhand13)

12346»

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    This '05 show should be on the list, too.

• Options
    Seattle 13 was a great long show.  I'd put that one up there.

MSG this year was pretty damn good.  The arena was a movin!
  • Options

We attended that show. It was a good one. My first Pearl Jam Seattle show. 
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Yeah, a bunch of us froze are asses off the next day at the pop up, lol!
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,008
    I’ve been to three shows on that list. Argentina 2011, Amsterdam 2012 and Charlottesville 2013. All of them were brilliant. 
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,751
    Champaign, IL 2003. Give it a listen, it gets zero respect because nobody here was there. Tight show 
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    Correct date for Boston 2010 is 5/17/10.
    one of the greatest set lists and performances for sure! 

"This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    Boston 5/17/10 set list 
    • Release
    • Animal
    • The Fixer
    • In My Tree
    • Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town
    • Force of Nature
    • Given to Fly
    • Sad  
    • Unthought Known
    • Pilate
    • Hail Hail
    • Push Me, Pull Me  
    • Even Flow
    • Undone  
    • Not for You  
    • Red Mosquito  
    • Got Some
    • State of Love and Trust
    • Why Go
    ENCORE
    • Bee Girl  
    • Just Breathe
    • Love, Reign O'er Me  
    • Rival  
    • Save You
    • Rearviewmirror
    ENCORE
    • Smile  
    • Wasted Reprise
    • Better Man  
    • Soldier of Love  
    • Crown of Thorns  
    • Alive  
    • Rockin' in the Free World  
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    dreamweaverdreamweaver New York Posts: 711
    Well, I SOITENLY agree with the MSG shows. 
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15
    MSG - '16
    Fenway - '16
    Wrigley - '16
    (RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
    Fenway - '18
    MSG - '22
  • Options
    Atlanta 94
    Soldier Field 95
    Randall's Island 96
    MSG 98

Newcastle 2006
    Vic 2007
    Philadelphia 2009
    PJ20
    Wrigley Field 2016 number 2
    Seattle 2 2016

• Options
    demetrios said:

We were there too, also our first PJ Seattle show. 

Calgary ‘13 - the Blizzard Show doesn’t get enough love. Listen to that boot. Listen to that crowd. Check out that fackin setlist. 
    I was in Moline and Calgary ‘13 beats it hands down. What a show
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Calgary ‘13 - the Blizzard Show doesn’t get enough love. Listen to that boot. Listen to that crowd. Check out that fackin setlist. 

I missed out on the Calgary show. The day after Spokane I stayed in Seattle to check the sites then headed over to Vancouver, then went back to Seattle. The bootleg is great and I LOVE the variant hockey poster Ames Bros did for Calgary. 
  • Options
    danofundanofun Posts: 740
    demetrios said:

Just finished listening to Calgary. Phenomenal recommendation. Thank you. The boys were on fire! Keep ‘em coming!
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    danofun said:
    demetrios said:

Just finished listening to Calgary. Phenomenal recommendation. Thank you. The boys were on fire! Keep ‘em coming!
    Awesome! You heard Ed sing Mr. Plow lol. 
    The band really brought it… they couldn’t believe we filled the place. It was one helluva blizzard. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:

I missed out on the Calgary show. The day after Spokane I stayed in Seattle to check the sites then headed over to Vancouver, then went back to Seattle. The bootleg is great and I LOVE the variant hockey poster Ames Bros did for Calgary. 
    They did like 5 variants of that poster...
  • Options
    Champaign, IL 2003. Give it a listen, it gets zero respect because nobody here was there. Tight show 
    I recently listened to a long run of 03 shows and I have to agree. This show stood out. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,157
    I mean I went to Vancouver and Seattle '13, and I liked Vancouver '13 the most.  It was such a good show.  3.5 hours long, went to 12:30 i think.  Such a good show.

I have a hard time judging Seattle because my seats were in a bad place behind the stage.  We were upperdeck at a location where the lighting rig and metal bird block the view of the stage, so I couldn't see much.. It sounded like an amazing show, but I think my not being happy about that tainted the show for me.

Were there any shows in '13 that weren't off the wall amazing.   A consistent tour of 3 hour+ barn burners?
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,153
    edited March 2023
    The 1993 Gorge show with Neil Young should be on this list. It has gone down in Pacific Northwest lore as legend. It has also been mentioned in documentaries on the Northwest concert scene as part their arrival as the world’s biggest band.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/pearl-jam-r-1993-gig-enormous-the-gorge-story-documentary-1188191/amp/
    Post edited by bicyclejoe on
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619
    The 1993 Gorge show with Neil Young should be on this list. It has gone down in Pacific Northwest lore as legend. It has also been mentioned in documentaries on the Northwest concert scene as part their arrival as the world’s biggest band.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/pearl-jam-r-1993-gig-enormous-the-gorge-story-documentary-1188191/amp/
    Blind Melon, too. I wish I was at this one. 

• Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,153
    I was there. 
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:

They did like 5 variants of that poster...

Oh I know. :) I picked up this wicked variant at the Ames Bros Pop Up Shop event the day before Pearl Jam played Seattle. 

• Options
    Zod said:
    I mean I went to Vancouver and Seattle '13, and I liked Vancouver '13 the most.  It was such a good show.  3.5 hours long, went to 12:30 i think.  Such a good show.

It sure was. It was the longest Pearl Jam Canadian show to date. My first Vancouver PJ show. It was beautiful!  :) 

https://youtu.be/ncXTPo2JdOs
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,763
    I was there and can confirm that this show was absolutely bad ass! Undoubtedly the most under rated show I have attended. The band was on a fucking mission that night.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory