Options

Poll--The Weakest Link: Riot Act Champion - I Am Mine

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757
    Save You

How did this song make it to the final round with so many other greats on the album? Y'all are weird. (I'm the sane one.)

We're all bozos on this bus, Mr. Dyer! :smiley:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    Save You
    I love this record so much. I definitely think that living in the D.C. area at the time of its' release makes it resonate a little more for me, without a doubt. It's still one of my favorite albums. There's a geographical factor for why I love I Am Mine , too. Ed wrote it the night before the VA Beach show... :)
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,510
    I Am Mine
    Save You live is a f'ing freight train.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,520
    I Am Mine

It's on my list for long time..

https://youtu.be/UL55duzhosA
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,575
    Save You
    I dunno. Save You is amazing, but I guess I just pick I Am Mine for the win because it is a more personally meaningful song for me (and many others), not because it's musically better. Save You is better in that sense. Anyway, I'll be happy with either song winning.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    edited May 2017
    Save You
    rgambs said:

How did this song make it to the final round with so many other greats on the album? Y'all are weird. (I'm the sane one.)

You are consistently in the minority among serious fans, I wouldn't call myself the sane one in that case.
    You also seem to be the biggest Pearl Jam fan that hates half of Pearl Jam's songs lol
    Every album you have called songs bad and terrible, which is not sane at all, there is almost no such thing as a terrible PJ song. Johnny Guitar is my least favourite by far, but I wouldn't say it's a bad or terrible song, because I have heard bad and terrible songs before.
    My local radio station has a particular affinity for Def Leopard, so I know what bad songs sound like!
    Perhaps I left out a :lol: emoji. I'm being facetious with the sane comment; calm down my friend! I know I'm consistently in the minority with my favorites, I make jokes about it all the time.
    And no, I don't consistently call half of Pearl Jam's songs bad or terrible. There are only 3 songs in the entire catalog I don't care for - Sirens, The End, & Ledbetter. I've only compared songs to other songs in the polls. Doesn't mean I find them terrible.
    My local station plays Journey every hour. I, too, know what terrible music sounds like :lol:
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I Am Mine

rgambs said:

You are consistently in the minority among serious fans, I wouldn't call myself the sane one in that case.
    You also seem to be the biggest Pearl Jam fan that hates half of Pearl Jam's songs lol
    Every album you have called songs bad and terrible, which is not sane at all, there is almost no such thing as a terrible PJ song. Johnny Guitar is my least favourite by far, but I wouldn't say it's a bad or terrible song, because I have heard bad and terrible songs before.
    My local radio station has a particular affinity for Def Leopard, so I know what bad songs sound like!
    Perhaps I left out a :lol: emoji. I'm being facetious with the sane comment; calm down my friend! I know I'm consistently in the minority with my favorites, I make jokes about it all the time.
    And no, I don't consistently call half of Pearl Jam's songs bad or terrible. There are only 3 songs in the entire catalog I don't care for - Sirens, The End, & Ledbetter. I've only compared songs to other songs in the pools. Doesn't mean I find them terrible.
    My local station plays Journey every hour. I, too, know what terrible music sounds like :lol:
    Ugh Journey does not get better the more you hear it lol.

You know what, I think I confused you with mcgruff, I think he's the PJ fan who hates PJ lol

Just teasing either way!
    ;)
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Save You
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

And no, I don't consistently call half of Pearl Jam's songs bad or terrible. There are only 3 songs in the entire catalog I don't care for - Sirens, The End, & Ledbetter. I've only compared songs to other songs in the pools. Doesn't mean I find them terrible.
    Ugh Journey does not get better the more you hear it lol.

You know what, I think I confused you with mcgruff, I think he's the PJ fan who hates PJ lol

Just teasing either way!
    ;)
    Haha, his shell is a tough one to crack! But it's crackable. :tongue:
  • Options
    Save You
    brianlux said:

We're all bozos on this bus, Mr. Dyer! :smiley:
    You got that right, Brian!
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,043
    I Am Mine
    Surprise final 2. I like them both, but I am still surprised!
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Save You
    I do like them both, but the idea of your mind and your life being your own has particular meaning for me. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Save You
    You are consistently in the minority among serious fans, I wouldn't call myself the sane one in that case. You also seem to be the biggest Pearl Jam fan that hates half of Pearl Jam's songs lol Every album you have called songs bad and terrible, which is not sane at all, there is almost no such thing as a terrible PJ song. Johnny Guitar is my least favourite by far, but I wouldn't say it's a bad or terrible song, because I have heard bad and terrible songs before. My local radio station has a particular affinity for Def Leopard, so I know what bad songs sound like!
    Perhaps I left out a :lol: emoji. I'm being facetious with the sane comment; calm down my friend! I know I'm consistently in the minority with my favorites, I make jokes about it all the time. And no, I don't consistently call half of Pearl Jam's songs bad or terrible. There are only 3 songs in the entire catalog I don't care for - Sirens, The End, & Ledbetter. I've only compared songs to other songs in the polls. Doesn't mean I find them terrible. My local station plays Journey every hour. I, too, know what terrible music sounds like :lol:
    You forgot BIG WAVE!!! :unamused:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    Save You
    rgambs said:
    You are consistently in the minority among serious fans, I wouldn't call myself the sane one in that case. You also seem to be the biggest Pearl Jam fan that hates half of Pearl Jam's songs lol Every album you have called songs bad and terrible, which is not sane at all, there is almost no such thing as a terrible PJ song. Johnny Guitar is my least favourite by far, but I wouldn't say it's a bad or terrible song, because I have heard bad and terrible songs before. My local radio station has a particular affinity for Def Leopard, so I know what bad songs sound like!
    Perhaps I left out a :lol: emoji. I'm being facetious with the sane comment; calm down my friend! I know I'm consistently in the minority with my favorites, I make jokes about it all the time. And no, I don't consistently call half of Pearl Jam's songs bad or terrible. There are only 3 songs in the entire catalog I don't care for - Sirens, The End, & Ledbetter. I've only compared songs to other songs in the pools. Doesn't mean I find them terrible. My local station plays Journey every hour. I, too, know what terrible music sounds like :lol:
    Ugh Journey does not get better the more you hear it lol. You know what, I think I confused you with mcgruff, I think he's the PJ fan who hates PJ lol Just teasing either way! ;)

Whoa whoa!! I very much dislike some songs on binaural and riot act and like to critique shows I've been too but I definitely don't hate pj.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,301
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I Am Mine
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    Perhaps I left out a :lol: emoji. I'm being facetious with the sane comment; calm down my friend! I know I'm consistently in the minority with my favorites, I make jokes about it all the time. And no, I don't consistently call half of Pearl Jam's songs bad or terrible. There are only 3 songs in the entire catalog I don't care for - Sirens, The End, & Ledbetter. I've only compared songs to other songs in the pools. Doesn't mean I find them terrible. My local station plays Journey every hour. I, too, know what terrible music sounds like :lol:
    Ugh Journey does not get better the more you hear it lol. You know what, I think I confused you with mcgruff, I think he's the PJ fan who hates PJ lol Just teasing either way! ;)

Whoa whoa!! I very much dislike some songs on binaural and riot act and like to critique shows I've been too but I definitely don't hate pj.  
    I was just ribbing a bit.
    I don't think my wife, best friend, and I combined have as many strong dislikes as you do, but it's a deep catalogue and I'm sure it's still a small percentage for you.
    Still though, sometimes I read your posts and ask myself (in a 17yr old voice) "yo, do you even Pearl Jam bruh?"
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Save You
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

I was just ribbing a bit.
    I don't think my wife, best friend, and I combined have as many strong dislikes as you do, but it's a deep catalogue and I'm sure it's still a small percentage for you.
    Still though, sometimes I read your posts and ask myself (in a 17yr old voice) "yo, do you even Pearl Jam bruh?"
    lol.  I assure you I do. I really dislike maybe ten of their studio songs but the rest I really really love.  After twenty years I'm still chasing them all across north america so I definitely "Pearl Jam bruh"!

All good bud!
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    I Am Mine
    Yes!!!!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I Am Mine
    Done
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Save You
    damn she's close
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757
    Save You
    Nami said:
    damn she's close
    For sure!  What happens in the event of a tie?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Save You
    brianlux said:
    Nami said:
    damn she's close
    Sirens is removed from future shows for five years. 
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Save You
    mcgruff10 said:
    brianlux said:
    Nami said:
    damn she's close
    hahaha
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,743
    I Am Mine
    mcgruff10 said:
    brianlux said:
    Nami said:
    damn she's close
    That's just a win for everyone. =)
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited May 2017
    I Am Mine
    mcgruff10 said:
    brianlux said:
    Nami said:
    damn she's close
    Oh snap!!! I really pissed some people off on FB a while back when I suggested PJ refund me a portion of my ticket fee for the time spent playing sirens at the show ;)
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,300
    Save You
    There's no way it should be this close. Neither is the best song on RA, but I Am Mine is a far better song
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Save You
    goldrush said:
    There's no way it should be this close. Neither is the best song on RA, but I Am Mine is a far better song
    Correct. There's not a lot of times you are correct; however, this time... you... are correct!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,354
    I Am Mine
    I think it should be close. Both are very different tunes but solid ones nonetheless. 
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,300
    Save You
    goldrush said:
    Correct. There's not a lot of times you are correct; however, this time... you... are correct!
    :lol:
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Save You
    goldrush said:
    i ll never forget when ed talked about 9/11 and then dedicated I am mine for all of us in the tri state area. Dirty I swear I started to tear up!!!
  • Options
    Save You
    mcgruff10 said:
    goldrush said:
    i ll never forget when ed talked about 9/11 and then dedicated I am mine for all of us in the tri state area. Dirty I swear I started to tear up!!!
    I recall it at the first Eddie show I saw. Just sheer awesomeness.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
This discussion has been closed.