Options

4/23/17 Psst....

12346»

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,040

FoxyRedLa said:

These bookmarks will become the new sticker craze!

in two years you're going to see threads "ISO: Anthology Bookmark, have posters/vinyl for trade!"
    You'll see that right after "sold out"!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,900
    wbutler29 said:

You guys will miss this place when it's gone. . . Many of you have thousands of posts and this site has become a part of your daily routines, I know it has for me, but hey your saving $30 or so. Don't need the other exclusive Merch, lotteries, etc that the $30 you save funds.

So by buying this book through amazon we are going to bankrupt pearl jam?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    wbutler29 said:

You guys will miss this place when it's gone. . . Many of you have thousands of posts and this site has become a part of your daily routines, I know it has for me, but hey your saving $30 or so. Don't need the other exclusive Merch, lotteries, etc that the $30 you save funds.

doubtful. I'm only on here at work. when I'm on holidays,I don't think about it once.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,971
    mcgruff10 said:

wbutler29 said:

No, but I'm sure they try to run the 10c as a self sustaining business.

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

mcgruff10 said:

wbutler29 said:

Then they should try to be competitive. Right now, they don't. They price at MSRP and have exorbitant shipping rates. I'm just a consumer, looking for the best bang for my buck. I am not responsible for how 10c chooses to run their business. I still use 10c for exclusive merch when I'm interested (and in this case I'm not interested in a $50 bookmark), but if a product is available on the open market, I'll go with the best deal I can find.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    jeffbr said:

Still not sure if I'm pulling the trigger, but if I do, it will be via Amazon. $48.87 with tax shipped to me, vs. $97.89 with tax and shipping via 10c. I don't really need a $49.02 bookmark. :lol:

what if they were band signed bookmarks? :open_mouth:

anywho...if it includes vocals...does that mean we will finally get all the correct words to YL?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    RKCNDY said:

jeffbr said:

Still not sure if I'm pulling the trigger, but if I do, it will be via Amazon. $48.87 with tax shipped to me, vs. $97.89 with tax and shipping via 10c. I don't really need a $49.02 bookmark. :lol:

anywho...if it includes vocals...does that mean we will finally get all the correct words to YL?
    Ha. What would be cooler than a Pearl jam signed bookmark framed and hung on the wall?????
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    RKCNDY said:

jeffbr said:

Nope.. 'Vocals ad lib'
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    FoxyRedLa said:

They will be the next Brad stickers in future mystery boxes... they all will have a few.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    No Cities to Love

RKCNDY said:

jeffbr said:

Nope.. 'Vocals ad lib'
    Really?
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,467
    hsohi said:

KV4053 said:

KV4053 said:

Never had any issues with 10C's customer service. Never had any issues with Amazon's.

I love supporting my local record shop, my local small grocer, etc. sometimes tho price matters and u cant fault someone for wanting to pay less.

That being said I usually always buy from 10C. Its slower and often more expensive but just feels better. Groceries tho im doing walmart or target these days. Shit adds up when the local grocer is $2 more on every product.

That's an excellent point. Now that I think about it, I've had more issues with Amazon than 10C. When USPS loses an Amazon package, Amazon tells me to pound sand at least 20% of the time. 10C has always fixed whatever issue I had.
    really? I have had zero issues with returns with amazon, however, I haven't bought a tonne from them.
    Yep. Happens rarely, but when it does it's always USPS fault, but amazon won't do anything to help, but they will keep my money.

Edit: And that, boys and girls, is a run on sentence.
    Not sure what you are talking about but Amazon has amazing customer service. For the amount of goods they sell each day it's pretty amazing how well they do.
    At least 80% of my monthly purchases are thru Amazon. Yes, they have fixed many issues, but I thought I was clear. When USPS loses something, Amazon is of no use.....they direct me to contact USPS. USPS customer service is non-exist (at least with my local post office). My gripe with Amazon about this is that I paid them, they chose to ship via USPS, USPS lost the item, Amazon does nothing to help. Again, it's rare (especially considering how much I buy from Amazon), but has happened on more than one occasion
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    Ordered two from 10C.
    For one of them, I'm thinking of carefully ripping out Thin Air and having it framed and matted as a gift for my Wife. It was our wedding song!
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    MedozK said:

FoxyRedLa said:

They will be the next Brad stickers in future mystery boxes... they all will have a few.
    Ha!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880
    SJD3232 said:

Ordered two from 10C.
    For one of them, I'm thinking of carefully ripping out Thin Air and having it framed and matted as a gift for my Wife. It was our wedding song!

Cool idea. Ours was future days (yes people we like that song lol)
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    my2hands said:

No Cities to Love

RKCNDY said:

jeffbr said:

Nope.. 'Vocals ad lib'
    Really?
    Ahah, I don't know.. but I won't be surprised if that's how they'll get away with the lyrics for that song..
    Probably they will be included, but do you really think they will be any different from what you can find online searching for "Yellow Ledbetter lyrics"?
    The band contribute to this book is zero (and it's very obvious).. so I don't think Eddie bothered to help with lyrics
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,246
    jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

wbutler29 said:

Then they should try to be competitive. Right now, they don't. They price at MSRP and have exorbitant shipping rates. I'm just a consumer, looking for the best bang for my buck. I am not responsible for how 10c chooses to run their business. I still use 10c for exclusive merch when I'm interested (and in this case I'm not interested in a $50 bookmark), but if a product is available on the open market, I'll go with the best deal I can find.
    Therein lies the problem. We all love a deal no matter what the actuality of the lower price means. Lower wages, less benefits, etc. I know I can go to Walmart and get a deal on something that I'm paying more for elsewhere, but I don't because I don't agree with Wal-Mart's business practices. They've gotten better, but I don't need to go there so I don't. Odds are 10C is running their business so their employees are fairly compensated, and I don't mean the band members of Pearl Jam. Of course Amazon is cheaper and faster, they're a multi billion dollar empire who can pay low wages and cut cheaper shipping deals based on their mass volume of products. It doesn't mean they care as much about ethics and morals, just bottom lines and low prices at all costs. You can't even compare the 10C to Amazon and it shouldn't be a surprise Amazon is cheaper.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,900
    jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

wbutler29 said:

I also go with the best deal available as well. Having a big family to support (five kids) I need to save money any way possible.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    wbutler29 said:

There is a 1,000 ways they could basically make money out of thin air if push came to shove.

If things are close to equal, even with slower shipping, I normally go with 10c....

But if it is like a $40 difference, and people cant be expected to just burn money
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    tbergs said:

jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

wbutler29 said:

Therein lies the problem. We all love a deal no matter what the actuality of the lower price means. Lower wages, less benefits, etc. I know I can go to Walmart and get a deal on something that I'm paying more for elsewhere, but I don't because I don't agree with Wal-Mart's business practices. They've gotten better, but I don't need to go there so I don't. Odds are 10C is running their business so their employees are fairly compensated, and I don't mean the band members of Pearl Jam. Of course Amazon is cheaper and faster, they're a multi billion dollar empire who can pay low wages and cut cheaper shipping deals based on their mass volume of products. It doesn't mean they care as much about ethics and morals, just bottom lines and low prices at all costs. You can't even compare the 10C to Amazon and it shouldn't be a surprise Amazon is cheaper.
    yeah, I don't think it's a "fair compensation for their staff" issue as it is more of what you said later, a 'we don't distribute in mass quantities so it costs more to ship this stuff" issue.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    wbutler29 said:

Oh that's rich.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    edited April 2017
    tbergs said:

jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

wbutler29 said:

Haha, not surprised at all that Amazon is cheaper, and has better and faster shipping. They didn't experience their growth and success by half-assing things. If I thought 10c was doing everything possible to be the premier seller of merch I'd have a little more sympathy. But they've got some work to do on communications, customer service, and especially shipping. I don't buy for 1 second that they can't get their shipping costs down. There are much smaller mom and pop organizations that sell and ship things on the Internet and are able to do it much more cost effectively and with better delivery times. Sorry, but 10c's efficiency is not my problem to deal with, and neither is their solvency. If they are concerned about being a profitable, ongoing business, they can take steps to make improvements. But the lack of any real action on their part to deal with shipping tells me that they aren't worried about it. I'm not worried about it either, they aren't going anywhere. They do what they do. They know they'll have the undying and unquestioned support of some of the Faithfull (2 l's apparently) regardless of what they charge or how they function. So you can keep feeling good about supporting a small business, and I can keep feeling good about being an informed consumer and being careful with my limited discretionary dollars. Win-Win!
    BTW - I am actually not bitching about 10c currently. I have no customer service issue with them, and I do think their customer service has improved over the past few years. My main issues, as highlighted in this thread, are the pricing of merch, and the shipping. Again, I can get a product for 1/2 the cost delivered to my door in a fraction of the time via Amazon. I'd have to be some sort of moron, or be fiscally irresponsible to buy it through the 10c.
    Post edited by jeffbr on
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    edited April 2017
    All 10c would have to do is say random books signed by PJ members, and everyone would not only buy here, but probably buy 2 or 3 copies :)
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    wbutler29 said:

Comical.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Uh I can't find Anthology on Amazon. So, not fulfilling orders or is it just cause it's delayed? 
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Shit. Thought it was 4/23 today for a second 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,040
    Anyone else get a "backorderred" message?!?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,905
    Anyone else get a "backorderred" message?!?
    Sure did.

Dear Demetrios:
    Thank you for your most recent order with Ten Club LLC.  Our records indicate that one or more of the items you selected were not in stock at the time that your order was placed.  We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Qty  Product Code - Product Name                         Status              
     1    7134 - PEARL JAM ANTHOLOGY - THE COMPLETE SCORES P  backordered (1)    
    Your order will be reviewed and we will either process the order with stock on hand or Void and Refund your order if it is an item we no longer carry.
    We thank you for your valued business and apologize for the inconvenience!

Sincerely,
    Ten Club LLC

• Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,595
    Is this scrapped?
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,905
    edited October 2017
    Is this scrapped?
    Don't think so. They are still taking orders over @ https://pearljam.com/shop/featured-items/pearl-jam-anthology-the-complete-scores . It would be cool if they gave us an update on how things are going.