Options

4/23/17 Psst....

Comments

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    I have 6 eyes looking at me right now. 8th grade formal is coming and gymnastics is starting. I gotta find some money!

Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    edited April 2017
    FoxyRedLa said:

I have 6 eyes looking at me right now. 8th grade formal is coming and gymnastics is starting. I gotta find some money!

I hear you! ACT tutoring, summer camps, basement refinish. This one might have to wait.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,494

Wonder what streamlined means? Not likely note for note but hopefully we get a a good representation of the rhythm parts.

I took it to mean by the photos they have, that all instruments are on one sheet just on a different line.
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    edited April 2017
    THIS IS FUCKIN GREAT!!!!
    I always dreamed of something like this, and always bothered me that the only "official" music score book for PJ was Ten (a book full of errors and mistakes, even the tunings of the songs that use alternate tunings are wrong!)
    More than 800 pages seems like the right amount to me for ten albums, considered not every song has a guitar solo and most songs are really composed by no more than two or three main riffs/rhythm figures.. I hope 'streamlined' just means that when a riff is repeated throughout the song they put the usual note used in guitar books (example: 'with riff 1 - play x times') instead of writing it all over all the times.. and, complete guitar solos and fills!
    For those wondering about the price: consider the fact that usually a guitar score book for one full album (that only includes guitar parts) is around $20.. so do the math, folks. If this book really contains all of the instruments and really all of the parts played (even the little fills and nuances) the price is super right.
    Thanks TC for this!

to Santos (if you can answer me): do you know if the book includes all the guitar solos, and if the word "streamlined" means more or less what I supposed above? I will buy this no matter what, but I'm curious to know.. also.. did the band helped in writing this?
    Too much questions, I know.. but I'm just super stoked about this

ps: curious to compare the Evacuation guitar score I did some time ago with the official version (well, mine miss the little soloing here and there)
    Post edited by Jammalambo on
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321

Wonder what streamlined means? Not likely note for note but hopefully we get a a good representation of the rhythm parts.

I took it to mean by the photos they have, that all instruments are on one sheet just on a different line.
    Uhm.. I don't know, but actually all music books are like that, every instrument included on a different line.. I just don't think streamlined means that..
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Looks killer - might wait for the next two studio LPs first though. Can Mike remember all of his crazy ass solos? Was this transcribed with any input from the band?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    rattzeyrattzey Posts: 875
    Its on amazon.ca for $100cdn and free shipping. I wish I could buy from 10C but 45 USD for shipping, that's crazy
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Roof and hvac coming this summer
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,801
    One on eBay for $150. Unreal. Come forward whoever you are lol. It's from a seller I had a problem with too. Sold me a mini replica and it was listed as an official poster. Argued for 2 straight days and had to go through PayPal to resolve. Anyway....
  • Options

THIS IS FUCKIN GREAT!!!!
    I always dreamed of something like this, and always bothered me that the only "official" music score book for PJ was Ten (a book full of errors and mistakes, even the tunings of the songs that use alternate tunings are wrong!)
    More than 800 pages seems like the right amount to me for ten albums, considered not every song has a guitar solo and most songs are really composed by no more than two or three main riffs/rhythm figures.. I hope 'streamlined' just means that when a riff is repeated throughout the song they put the usual note used in guitar books (example: 'with riff 1 - play x times') instead of writing it all over all the times.. and, complete guitar solos and fills!
    For those wondering about the price: consider the fact that usually a guitar score book for one full album (that only includes guitar parts) is around $20.. so do the math, folks. If this book really contains all of the instruments and really all of the parts played (even the little fills and nuances) the price is super right.
    Thanks TC for this!

to Santos (if you can answer me): do you know if the book includes all the guitar solos, and if the word "streamlined" means more or less what I supposed above? I will buy this no matter what, but I'm curious to know.. also.. did the band helped in writing this?
    Too much questions, I know.. but I'm just super stoked about this

ps: curious to compare the Evacuation guitar score I did some time ago with the official version (well, mine miss the little soloing here and there)

I hear you. I'm not questioning the price by no means. I'm just strapped!
  • Options

FoxyRedLa said:

I hear you! ACT tutoring, summer camps, basement refinish. This one might have to wait.
    Hey! Yeah! Softball is already started and I'm making cheer camp payments which is hundreds of dollars for 1 over night! Harsh lol! My son isn't old enough for any little league yet so that helps but is replaced with diapers bahah :dizzy:
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    An easy purchase for any guitar/bass player out there. Can't wait!
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    nicknyr15 said:

One on eBay for $150. Unreal. Come forward whoever you are lol. It's from a seller I had a problem with too. Sold me a mini replica and it was listed as an official poster. Argued for 2 straight days and had to go through PayPal to resolve. Anyway....

That's just insane. Flipping is one thing. This is just trying to rip people off. Sad!
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090

Uhm.. I don't know, but actually all music books are like that, every instrument included on a different line.. I just don't think streamlined means that..
    Maybe it's worth throwing an email at Hal Leonard? I guess a good example would be comparing against what's in the Ten book, e.g. Alive or something?
  • Options
    hadfiiwhadfiiw Posts: 191
    As a drummer (who actually had drum tab on his website at one point in time)....

FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!

SOOOOO looking forward to Who You Are, In My Tree, WMA, Marker In The Sand.
    - ian | www.lukin.com

96 - Charlotte / Charleston
    98 - Atlanta
    00 - Charlotte / Greensboro / Atlanta
    03 - Raleigh / Charlotte / Mountain View / San Diego / Bristow
    04 - Asheville
    05 - Philadelphia
    06 - Washington, DC / Las Vegas / San Diego
    08 - Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    09 - Philadelphia (28th)
    11 - East Troy (3rd) / East Troy (4th)
    13 - Charlottesville / Charlotte
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Boston (5th)
    18 - Boston (2nd) / Boston (4th)
    20 - NashvilleBaltimore
    22 - Nashville / Baltimore

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    hadfiiw said:

As a drummer (who actually had drum tab on his website at one point in time)....

Where did it say there's drum tab in this?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    hadfiiwhadfiiw Posts: 191
    edited April 2017
    It says in the description, "...STREAMLINED TRANSCRIPTIONS OF EVERY INSTRUMENT THAT WAS RECORDED."

The second "page" in the picture for "Porch" also shows the drums entering the song.
    Post edited by hadfiiw on
    - ian | www.lukin.com

96 - Charlotte / Charleston
    98 - Atlanta
    00 - Charlotte / Greensboro / Atlanta
    03 - Raleigh / Charlotte / Mountain View / San Diego / Bristow
    04 - Asheville
    05 - Philadelphia
    06 - Washington, DC / Las Vegas / San Diego
    08 - Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    09 - Philadelphia (28th)
    11 - East Troy (3rd) / East Troy (4th)
    13 - Charlottesville / Charlotte
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Boston (5th)
    18 - Boston (2nd) / Boston (4th)
    20 - NashvilleBaltimore
    22 - Nashville / Baltimore

• Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090

hadfiiw said:

There's also some more info and pictures here: https://www.halleonard.com/product/viewproduct.action?itemid=00157921
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,467
    edited April 2017
    I have The Beatles version of this. It has looked great collecting dust on my bookshelf for approximately 20 years. Looking forward to adding this one to the shelf
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,801
    KV4053 said:

I have The Beatles version of this. It has looked great collecting dust on my bookshelf for approximately 20 years. Looking forward to adding this one to the shelf

Haaaa!
    Do you play any instruments?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835

hadfiiw said:

Pearl Jam – The Complete Scores
    Series: Transcribed Score
    TAB
    HL #00157921

Instrumentation:
    Bass
    Drums
    Guitar
    Vocal
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    @Santos L. Halper will this be in stores in canada?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    wonder why they chose not to include lost dogs. not a complaint, just curious.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640

The publishing company drew the line at Sweet Lew. The band had to know it was coming.
  • Options

The publishing company drew the line at Sweet Lew. The band had to know it was coming.
    Yeah, I'd much rather learn Aye Davanita. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PA Posts: 332
    Pretty cool! I wish I could read music though.
    Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,981

good question....or I Got Shit
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the Aye Davanita tab. I'm not saying it is a great song by any means.

I hope the band had some input into how the songs are played. That would be a lot of time though so not holding my breath too much.
  • Options

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the Aye Davanita tab. I'm not saying it is a great song by any means.

I hope the band had some input into how the songs are played. That would be a lot of time though so not holding my breath too much.
    I would imagine that it was more of a thing where they commissioned someone to do it, and they signed off on its accuracy.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    I will definitely be buying this but probably through Amazon. $75 for the book itself is a very decent price. Divided by 10 albums (pity no Lost Dogs) that's $7.50 each, if they were sold as separate volumes. A tab book usually costs $20-25 for an album's worth of songs. So this sounds incredibly cool. I know how I'll be spending my summer.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!