The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited April 2021
    MayDay10 said:
    Congrats to New Mexico too!

Time for Federal.  Tipping point has been reached
    Yes, federal legalization is the only way all of this is really going to work. C’mon Biden...I would say that this administration is complicit with the racism surrounding the current legal status if they do not push for federal legalization.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    Illinois legalized recreational a couple of years ago, but you can't grow your own. It is strictly from State approved sites. Growing your own is a civil penalty and fine for up to 5 plants unless you have a State issued craft grower license. It is all about collecting taxes here. The taxation they are charging is ridiculous.  
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    New York is allowing plants.  6 per adult (3 mature) and up to 12 (6).  However, we cannot grow until a bit after the recreational stores are online.  I think people with medicinal cards though can grow sooner.  I am going to look to re-up my prescription if that is the case and the pharmacies are going to start offering better products in the meantime.

The most interesting thing about the New York law, is that it allows for public consumptions sites.  I believe that means we will have marijuana 'coffee shops'
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    MayDay10 said:
    New York is allowing plants.  6 per adult (3 mature) and up to 12 (6).  However, we cannot grow until a bit after the recreational stores are online.  I think people with medicinal cards though can grow sooner.  I am going to look to re-up my prescription if that is the case and the pharmacies are going to start offering better products in the meantime.

The most interesting thing about the New York law, is that it allows for public consumptions sites.  I believe that means we will have marijuana 'coffee shops'
    Our law reads "It is legal to smoke in one’s own home and on-site in some cannabis-related businesses." I am not sure how many of the dispensaries have this option. The closest one to where I live is over an hour drive, so combined with the fact that I am subject to drug testing in my job, I am not a customer.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    MayDay10 said:

A couple places like that popped up over here but didn’t seem to stick.

Personally, as for the act of smoking itself, I’d rather be at home or in a comfortable environment to enjoy it rather than with a bunch of strangers in a public space.

Kinda like how I prefer to watch movies too. 

Because people suck ;)
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    hedonist said:
    MayDay10 said:

Personally, as for the act of smoking itself, I’d rather be at home or in a comfortable environment to enjoy it rather than with a bunch of strangers in a public space.

Because people suck ;)
    No doubt lol 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    hedonist said:
    MayDay10 said:

Because people suck ;)
    yeah, thats a good point.  I even hate bars these days (and have for about 10-15 years).  

Not sure I would go out of my way for a coffee shop unless there was some kind of unique experience or something.  Maybe if I was out of town for business maybe
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I thought legalization was on Biden radar?  Just remove it from the list of illegal drugs.  Should be that simple.  

Of course should have been that simple in Canada...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited April 2021
    I thought legalization was on Biden radar?  Just remove it from the list of illegal drugs.  Should be that simple.  

Of course should have been that simple in Canada...

One would think...because similar to a statement a certain poster here always likes to say “if you are complicit with racist policies, that makes you a racist”.  C’mon Joe, your silence is violence...
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Anyone can recommend a dispensary in DC?  We can’t get flower in Virginia, just concentrate and such.
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    mrussel1 said:
    Anyone can recommend a dispensary in DC?  We can’t get flower in Virginia, just concentrate and such.
    Just concentrate sounds like a happy problem to have, depending on the concentrate :) 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Just concentrate sounds like a happy problem to have, depending on the concentrate :) 
    Well it's not the worst! But sometimes you like some flower. 
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Well it's not the worst! But sometimes you like some flower. 
    I hear ya! I've switched my consumption to exclusively dabbing rosin. My lungs have thanked me greatly.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    dankind said:
    That's it! I'm moving back!
    No you don't.  You're better off where u are.
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    new york state went fully recreational and im super fucking happy about that !!!
    central park, msg, the beacon theatre shows etc etc will never be the same. the hippies win big.
    Well, it’s happened: I have become immune to edibles. I was taking in copious amounts of THC via these little goodies and it hit me that something’s off. Looked it up and it’s indeed a thing. Dammit!

I’ll have to see if tinctures have the same (lack of) effect.

It also may be time to finally dip my toe into the dabbing pool. 
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    hedonist said:
    Well, it’s happened: I have become immune to edibles. I was taking in copious amounts of THC via these little goodies and it hit me that something’s off. Looked it up and it’s indeed a thing. Dammit!

You make me laugh!!! Let me know how it all goes cause I’ll be there soon someday 😂
    hedonist said:

How often are you taking them? I do it twice per month,  probably 15 MG. I definitely don't want to become immune.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    I ate a brownie today got really nice long buzz so all good by me.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    mrussel1 said:
    hedonist said:

How often are you taking them? I do it twice per month,  probably 15 MG. I definitely don't want to become immune.
    Daily, upwards of 100 mg. Flower helps immensely with my illness but edibles are (were) a nice way to amp it up.

You should be fine ;)
    hedonist said:
    mrussel1 said:
    hedonist said:

Daily, upwards of 100 mg. Flower helps immensely with my illness but edibles are (were) a nice way to amp it up.

You should be fine ;)
    I knew something was wrong when my 250mg rosin-filled edibles weren’t doing it for me :( 

I almost exclusively dab now.

EV
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mrussel1 said:
    hedonist said:

15 mg does nothing for me.  I usually need 300\400 mg... so I prefer flower still.  However, I do buy edibles every once in a while...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    benjs said:
    hedonist said:
    mrussel1 said:
    hedonist said:

You should be fine ;)
    I knew something was wrong when my 250mg rosin-filled edibles weren’t doing it for me :( 

Ahhh, another like me! For some reason I take comfort in this :lol:

I’m sure I’ll hit up you fine folks for dabbing info when I begin that journey. 

Yabba Dabba Doo!
    hedonist said:
    benjs said:
    hedonist said:
    mrussel1 said:
    hedonist said:

You should be fine ;)

Ahhh, another like me! For some reason I take comfort in this :lol:

I’m sure I’ll hit up you fine folks for dabbing info when I begin that journey. 

Yabba Dabba Doo!
    Please do! I have a favourite in Ontario and I can share my coupon code with you - gets you 10% off forever :D

EV
    Man you all have some tolerances... 
    mrussel1 said:
    Man you all have some tolerances... 
    You have no idea :) 

I've had two separate ocassions where I've shared bud with Americans and left them nearly catatonic. That was just with high-potency marijuana with a little sprinkling of kief. My live rosin these days typically is between 70-80% THC. Works out to smoking about 20-35mg of THC per delightful inhale.

EV
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    Quick question - what the price on edibles?

Just doing some shopping for tomorrow and wondering what everyone is paying in their parts....
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    CM189191 said:

Just doing some shopping for tomorrow and wondering what everyone is paying in their parts....
    It really varies. 100 mg bags (cookies, gummies, etc.) are about $15-20, then you have pricier versions of those, depending on potency and manufacturer.
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    hedonist said:
    CM189191 said:

It really varies. 100 mg bags (cookies, gummies, etc.) are about $15-20, then you have pricier versions of those, depending on potency and manufacturer.

Is that 100mg total?
    Or per gummy?
    How many gummies / bag?

I'm looking at 13ea @ 15mg for $25 total
    so 195mg total for $25

I don't normally f around w/gummies, but figured wtf - it's a holiday!
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    Here, it’s usually 10 mg x 10 pieces. Either way, why not treat yourself! There are a bunch of deals to be had, and some freebies if you’re lucky.