Options

Hall of Fame Reviews

Comments

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880
    100 Pacer said:

Definitely worth the time and effort as well as funds. The entire evening was surreal and enjoyable and as many have said a "once in a lifetime" experience.

@wwsuicide and I were on the search for tickets and he worked his butt off hunting for a decent affordable pair only to secure a pair at the box office during the 7pm ticket release. Section 17 Row 13 for $135 each. Can't thank him enough for the effort. We had a great time.

You got a little closer than me for $15 less so good job!!!
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,354
    edited April 2017
    Soybeans said:

The ovation the band received during opening introductions was amazing. People just lost their shit, showering the band with love. Shrieking and hollering turned into a loud roar and eventually chants of Eddie!!Eddie!! and Pearl Jam!!-Pearl Jam!! I had chills running up and down my spine. I will never forget that. PJ fans made up 3/4 of the crowd last night. Great job everyone!

You know, that really has to say something about their legacy, doesn't it? There's been a lot of talk lately about where they stand on the list of "greatest band of all-time" and I (we) have had a lot of difficulty/debate about deciding where they are positioned. I'm not going to say they are bigger than The Beatles (or Jesus) but hell, last night really says something about their greatest, no?
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,077
    edited April 2017

The band was EXTREMELY thankful for the fans. Ed mentioned Dave A by name several times. Have a clue and some facts before you post drama crap.

When did he mention Dave A?
    Acknowledged at 3:25. Also name-checked about 3:55.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbWP4Gvp4tE

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,445
    100 Pacer said:

on2legs said:

I think Dave Krusen made the jamily comment.

Stone said it.
    Krusen definitely said jamily.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,247

The band was EXTREMELY thankful for the fans. Ed mentioned Dave A by name several times. Have a clue and some facts before you post drama crap.

The transcripts are posted on Rolling Stone. He mentioned every drummer and Dave A twice. Those still complaining about Dave A. should watch or read all the speeches. They were very humble and thankful. The comments about the band needing to get over themselves are way out of line.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    We shouldn't run from the "jamily". It is a perfect name. Sometimes the perfect name sucks though.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,064
    tbergs said:

The transcripts are posted on Rolling Stone. He mentioned every drummer and Dave A twice. Those still complaining about Dave A. should watch or read all the speeches. They were very humble and thankful. The comments about the band needing to get over themselves are way out of line.
    Yeah, Ive listened and read but didn't catch it. Weird. Will look again, thanks.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    The rolling stone transcript is badly incomplete. Doesn't mention Dave A. at all though Ed clearly did say his name at least twice. Also, this: " Jack, who we got to play with this week for the first time in 25 years. It was great to see him." Clearly this was the part about Dave K.
  • Options
    That drunk woman screaming all the time...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

That drunk woman screaming all the time...

Yeah, she was loud for sure and the guy that yelled he loved Eddie in the middle of him thanking his wife. Hilarious how Ed rolled with that one.
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    Not really a review per say....just something I wrote and posted last night and thought this was a good place to share....

photo MI0003644417.jpg

I have been a Pearl Jam fan for 22 years. I heard them when I was 12 for the first time. Daughter was the first song I heard and it was like this feeling I can't even put into words. I fell in love immediately, with their sound, their lyrics... I was moved for the first time ever by listening to music. The lyrics touched me...they reached into my soul and showed me truth. This band saved my life more than once. I just watched my favorite band be inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame and I felt so happy and proud and moved to tears. I love these guys and the music and what they stand for.... I am proud to be a Pearl Jam fan and will be until the day I die. Congratulations Pearl Jam and thank you!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    Soybeans said:

The ovation the band received during opening introductions was amazing. People just lost their shit, showering the band with love. Shrieking and hollering turned into a loud roar and eventually chants of Eddie!!Eddie!! and Pearl Jam!!-Pearl Jam!! I had chills running up and down my spine. I will never forget that. PJ fans made up 3/4 of the crowd last night. Great job everyone!

That was an incredible moment, it felt like the entire building was full of PJ fans
    "I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love."

Continental Arena I - 6/1/2006
    MSG II - 6/25/2008
    MSG I - 5/20/2010
    Beacon Theatre - 6/21/2011 (EV)
    Made In America Philadelphia - 9/2/2012
    Buffalo -10/12/2013
    Hartford - 10/25/2013
    Philadelphia II - 4/29/2016 (TEN show)
    MSG II - 5/2/2016
    Fenway II Boston - 8/7/2016
    Rock & Roll HOF - 4/7/2017
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9/18/2021
    MSG - 9/11/2022
    Camden - 9/14/2022
  • Options
    ShanKathyShanKathy Edmonton, Alberta Posts: 308
    I hope Jeff enjoyed "Owner of a Lonely Heart"!
  • Options
    rylanrylan Posts: 206
    They showed why they're the greatest band ever last night! Brought tears to my eyes!! For those lucky to be there it must have been the best!
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    EM194007 said:
    thanks for posting. although the woo girls were a bit annoying good to see the speeches.
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    edited April 2017
    "Entire balcony is full of PJ drummers"..lmao...Letterman was perfect..still watching..havent gotten to music yet
    Post edited by wndowpayne on
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    JG216198 said:

Get over yourself Pearl Jam. This would have been a great opportunity to have Dave play one more time. (Sigh)

Get over it, the guy hasn't been in the band in over 20 years now. Jesus
  • Options
    Karaoke Journey was a disappointment but otherwise a great night. There's no way I'd go see them in concert with that guy singing.

Anyway,PJ of course ruled the night. So good. I think Letterman would have been the better choice from the get go.

ELO opening tribute and set was awesome. Geddy and Alex were right when they said they righted a wrong. How stupid Yes wasn't in sooner, but glad they went this year as it's very unlikely I'll go for anyone other than PJ. They were fantastic. Steve Howe is a virtuoso.

Kravitz choices seemed a bit weird. Why wouldn't he be on guitar all along? Would seem a better tribute. Anyway, those are little quibbles. Night was awesome.

And as good as ELO (how 'bout that Chuck Berry tribute to kick off the evening?) and Yes were it was clear at then end the difference of bands that haven't really been playing together vs. a band that is in their prime. PJ was great. My favorite part was the crowd singing the Betterman opening. I thought Ed was going to roll with it, but understand it's a made for tv performance, so he had to get his brief thought in and then start the vocals over.

PJ handled the whole thing well. Dave Krusen playing with them, talking about Jack's importance and Matt's keeping them together along with tip of cap to Dave A and Matt (actually Ed seemed to go almost too much out of his way for Dave A.). Then, of course mentioning that Boom should have been inducted (we forget that he's actually been with the band longer than Matt. Though clearly a different impact including the fact that they don't even list him as a band member on their albums. So, can't really say the Hall itself missed on any of this).

Snoop is the coolest person on the planet. The only other guy that can compete is Carlos Santana.

Oh, and one more thing - watching Jill tear up was cool. Shows how much it means to these families.

Oh, and one more one more thing - did it seem to anyone else at the beginning of the night when they were rolling through the Inductees that Ed was ducking the camera to avoid the thing becoming about him? It must be a little awkward when you're part of a band and somewhat humble that the crowd starts chanting YOUR name when the night is about the team.

Another once in a lifetime moment brought to you by the letters P and J.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    edited April 2017
    The night was amazing. The only thing that kind of shocked me was that none of the guys mentioned Andy Wood. (Unless stone thru him in with all the names he read and I just didn't catch it)
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options

Then, of course mentioning that Boom should have been inducted (we forget that he's actually been with the band longer than Matt. Though clearly a different impact including the fact that they don't even list him as a band member on their albums. So, can't really say the Hall itself missed on any of this)..

Matt joined in 1998. Boom joined in 2002.

• Options
    ceska said:

Then, of course mentioning that Boom should have been inducted (we forget that he's actually been with the band longer than Matt. Though clearly a different impact including the fact that they don't even list him as a band member on their albums. So, can't really say the Hall itself missed on any of this)..

Matt joined in 1998. Boom joined in 2002.

I didn't want to be the one to say it. Thank you.
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    100 Pacer said:

Definitely worth the time and effort as well as funds. The entire evening was surreal and enjoyable and as many have said a "once in a lifetime" experience.

@wwsuicide and I were on the search for tickets and he worked his butt off hunting for a decent affordable pair only to secure a pair at the box office during the 7pm ticket release. Section 17 Row 13 for $135 each. Can't thank him enough for the effort. We had a great time.

woah! nice! was there a line at the box office?
  • Options
    ladydocNYCladydocNYC Posts: 635
    Great set-- just unbearable that it had to be so short! Brilliant move opening with Alive.
    Quick shimmering burst of a PJ concert.
  • Options
    JP218404 said:

The night was amazing. The only thing that kind of shocked me was that none of the guys mentioned Andy Wood. (Unless stone thru him in with all the names he read and I just didn't catch it)

I was waiting for the Andy reference too, but never heard anything specific. Stone did say Andy in his list of names, but I don't think he meant Andy Wood.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Saw this online and thought it was pretty touching. It was so weird to see Journey that to me isn't the "real" Journey. But I felt bad for the guy knowing everyone wanted Steve to sing!

Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Sprunkn7 said:

Saw this online and thought it was pretty touching. It was so weird to see Journey that to me isn't the "real" Journey. But I felt bad for the guy knowing everyone wanted Steve to sing!

Not too derail the thread but I couldn't help myself but make the connection: If Journey is now in the HoF, Bon Jovi's gotta be next. Sure "Don't Stop Believin" is an anthem but "Livin' on a Prayer" isn't? Ridiculous - and I don't even really like Bon Jovi!!!!!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,307
    PJ
    100 Pacer said:

Still in a state of awe on how everything came together! A truly wonderful experience!
  • Options
    Wonder why Jack didn't wanna play on a song. Obviously Krusen was inducted and he was not. But they did play "his" song Given to fly.

And you sort of want Dave A behind the kit on Betterman, hehe.
  • Options
    Love Mike and Eddie at 5min into Betterman.