Options

Hall of Fame Reviews

Comments

• Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    Sorry forgot Nile. That guy is a legend. Such a positive genius, he has his footprint in so many sounds. Glad he got the love. 3 billion!
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    bigjilmbigjilm Sea Posts: 184
    nycrats said:

Sorry forgot Nile. That guy is a legend. Such a positive genius, he has his footprint in so many sounds. Glad he got the love. 3 billion!

"3 billion now, Pharell" lol

You could tell he was getting extremely emotionally throughout his speech. So deserving.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,441
    I think Dave Krusen made the jamily comment.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360
    Brisk. said:

Without sounding like a total idiot, I feel like they skimmed a bit on how great the fans have been like travelling everywhere they go etc.

Wonderful though, so weird to see these guys like Stone on TV giving speeches.

You should listen to Stone's speech again. He expressed appreciation for the fans very eloquently. Ed, too.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    BlredyellowBlredyellow Posts: 843
    The band was EXTREMELY thankful for the fans. Ed mentioned Dave A by name several times. Have a clue and some facts before you post drama crap.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Transcript of the speeches, for those who didn't see, or even just those who want to relive it.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/read-pearl-jams-humble-rock-hall-induction-speech-w475824
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Thanks for sharing, Often. :plus_one:
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Tupac is the GOAT in my book. So tired of people believing that Jay Z is the best just because he calls himself that every other song. People eventually started believing him.
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,395
    edited April 2017
    Ed was a little all over the place and even the rest of the guys when standing behind seemed like they wanted him to wrap it up at times, so i cant imagine what non-pj fans were thinking. But I enjoyed all of it thoroughly. Letterman kind of made it more about him than pj and their music, but he made up for it with the humor and personal stories. I was on the "invite Dave A to the induction" train, but if he is anything less than grateful after being mentioned by Ed twice, then that part should be edited out when they premier the replay lol. And great job Snoop, Tupac was the greatest rapper and you represented him well.

Overall what an amazing night!
    Post edited by drakeheuer14 on
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    edited April 2017
    I had a blast. The flow went very nicely. Not any downtime at all and it went by so fast!

I had one thing I could have lived without and that was the girl next to me jumping up and down screaming "Steve" thorough the WHOLE Journey performance.....people around her were trying to tell her he wasn't going to sing but she wasn't having it. A LOUD SHRILL SCREAM "SSSTTTTEEEEVVVE" for 15 minutes (more really b/c she did it when he was on stage too). I appreciate her enthusiasm but man it almost made my brain bleed.
    Second our group agreed Lennys version of "When Doves Cry" was, as my friend said, "passionless", Maybe no one can do it like Prince......But his second song was awesome.
    Seeing Yes and ELO... superb. I saw Jeff Lynne last summer and he was so good. I was really happy for them.

PJ rocked the house and the band were humble. Freakin Stone......his speech was my highlight....and hearing the fans cheer. That was great too. Knowing there are people like me who love them like no other group that ever was or that ever will be :lucky:
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,246

Ed was a little all over the place and even the rest of the guys when standing behind seemed like they wanted him to wrap it up at times, so i cant imagine what non-pj fans were thinking. But I enjoyed all of it thoroughly. Letterman kind of made it more about him than pj and their music, but he made up for it with the humor and personal stories. I was on the "invite Dave A to the induction" train, but if he is anything less than grateful after being mentioned by Ed twice, then that part should be edited out when they premier the replay lol. And great job Snoop, Tupac was the greatest rapper and you represented him well.

Overall what an amazing night!

I was thinking the same thing when Ed was talking. He's obviously the outspoken one when it comes to politics, but he kept that part brief. You knew what to expect from all the other band members, but he's kind of a wild card.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Ed's always all over the place so no surprise there.

Some people are complaining about Jeff's speech (okay, just one person. You know who you are. LOGAN) but I thought it was great. It was all about the importance of art in the world and in life. He wasn't dismissive of the fans; he just didn't spend a lot of his time gushing about them. And that's just fine in my books.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    That was awesome seeing Krusen jam to Alive. You could tell he was having a blast and taking in the moment. Ed kept looking back at him and seemed to enjoy having him there, which was cool also. A tribute to the very beginning.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,246
    bbiggs said:

That was awesome seeing Krusen jam to Alive. You could tell he was having a blast and taking in the moment. Ed kept looking back at him and seemed to enjoy having him there, which was cool also. A tribute to the very beginning.

Definitely. And it was super awesome of Ed to pull him back to the front after Alive was over to acknowledge him again. Dave was ready to run off the back of the stage and Ed just dragged him back.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    BlredyellowBlredyellow Posts: 843
    Thought all band member speeches were fantastic. Each showed individual personality of all five. How many times have Jeff, Mike, Matt, Stone talked that long on stage? Never. Very memorable.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,536
    edited April 2017
    Definitely worth the time and effort as well as funds. The entire evening was surreal and enjoyable and as many have said a "once in a lifetime" experience.

@wwsuicide and I were on the search for tickets and he worked his butt off hunting for a decent affordable pair only to secure a pair at the box office during the 7pm ticket release. Section 17 Row 13 for $135 each. Can't thank him enough for the effort. We had a great time.

Post edited by 100 Pacer on
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    AZPJFanAZPJFan Wisconsin Posts: 17
    So glad I made the trip to see last night in person. One of the best Pearl Jam experiences of my life...and there have been many. The speeches, the songs, the crowd. What a night!
  • Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,077
    nycrats said:

The journey thing was weird, I don't know enough about their situation but you could hear disappointment in the arena that Steve perry didn't perform. I think a lot thought he would.

Definitely! The show ran really smoothly, no breaks at all between any speeches/videos/performances, and then after the Journey speeches there was this 3 or 4 minute break, which really took the energy out of the building after all the excitement for Steve Perry and Journey during their speeches.. . And then when the lights came on and the band was on stage everyone was like "Oh, it's the cover band guy." You just know the roof would have been blown off if Perry was on stage. Surprisingly, Don't Stop Believing wasn't the big singalong I thought it'd be.

• Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    100 Pacer said:

Definitely worth the time and effort as well as funds. The entire evening was surreal and enjoyable and as many have said a "once in a lifetime" experience.

@wwsuicide and I were on the search for tickets and he worked his butt off hunting for a decent affordable pair only to secure a pair at the box office during the 7pm ticket release. Section 17 Row 13 for $135 each. Can't thank him enough for the effort. We had a great time.

Nice man. Glad you got in
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    Did PJ go last for speech/performance?
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,536
    on2legs said:

I think Dave Krusen made the jamily comment.

Stone said it.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,077

Did PJ go last for speech/performance?

Yes.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,060

The band was EXTREMELY thankful for the fans. Ed mentioned Dave A by name several times. Have a clue and some facts before you post drama crap.

When did he mention Dave A?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

Tupac is the GOAT in my book. So tired of people believing that Jay Z is the best just because he calls himself that every other song. People eventually started believing him.

Most true hip hop fans know the difference, Jay Z is mostly held in such high regard because he's stuck around way too long, but he hasn't put out anything memorable since the black album. I was disappointed that someone like Eminem (who produced one of his posthumous albums), Kendrick Lamar, or Dr Dre didn't show up for Tupac. They should have left the performance at Alicia Keys, hers was a fitting tribute, I didn't need to see Treach and TI trying to rap Tupac verses. Snoop also had one of the best speeches of the night.
    "I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love."

Continental Arena I - 6/1/2006
    MSG II - 6/25/2008
    MSG I - 5/20/2010
    Beacon Theatre - 6/21/2011 (EV)
    Made In America Philadelphia - 9/2/2012
    Buffalo -10/12/2013
    Hartford - 10/25/2013
    Philadelphia II - 4/29/2016 (TEN show)
    MSG II - 5/2/2016
    Fenway II Boston - 8/7/2016
    Rock & Roll HOF - 4/7/2017
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9/18/2021
    MSG - 9/11/2022
    Camden - 9/14/2022
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,354
    edited April 2017
    Not that it really matters but I was wondering if there were any non-PJ fan reviews of their performance? In other words, I was wanted to know if any media-types out there were un-expectantly surprised by the great performance the band put on last night.
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,679
    Watch the speech if you have to ask. Honestly, do some research
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360

When did he mention Dave A?
    Ed's speech
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    SoybeansSoybeans Posts: 245
    The ovation the band received during opening introductions was amazing. People just lost their shit, showering the band with love. Shrieking and hollering turned into a loud roar and eventually chants of Eddie!!Eddie!! and Pearl Jam!!-Pearl Jam!! I had chills running up and down my spine. I will never forget that. PJ fans made up 3/4 of the crowd last night. Great job everyone!
    90 shows and counting...some of my favs: Randall's Island night 2, Milwaukee '95 night 2, Hawaii '06, St Johns '05, PJ20!