Donald Trump

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    edited March 2018
    I have never had a FB account nor will I ever get one, even if it were the very last communication method left for humankind.
    I block everyone's feed that annoys me.  For me it was nice to log on and see mostly news, etc.  Recently the targeted ads are annoying as hell.  If I look up lawnmowers on Amazon the next time I log into FB I see tons of lawnmower ads.

A few years back you could set up an option where your comments, etc. would not appear in the news feed.  They did away with that so everyone pretty much sees what you comment on.

Twitter is my new favorite.  
    They still have those settings available, FYI. You can totally choose for your comments to not be viewable by others.
    I personally just don't put any personal info on FB, and feel like I have nothing to worry about. My friends are mostly strangers with shared interests, plus a small number of really close friends. Otherwise, it's just news and music feeds. I agree the ads are annoying, but at least you can tell them you aren't interested in them, and they go away forever... to make room for your next Amazon search, lol.
    I would find it difficult to get rid of FB even if I wanted to - I just get way too much useful info in my news feed, mostly about music/bands/artists, as well as news headlines from sources of my choice. It's by far the easiest way for me to keep on top of what I'm specifically interested in. I would feel really out of touch without it.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,807
    Doubling-down on the War on Drugs surprises me.  I don't think too many people anywhere on the spectrum are for that.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,565
    OnWis97 said:
    Doubling-down on the War on Drugs surprises me.  I don't think too many people anywhere on the spectrum are for that.
    Easy to say that the majority of trump’s supporters also support this. 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Trump: the wall has to be see-through. You have to know what's on the other side. 

:rofl:

I guess he'll be tendering out some force field companies?
    Did he really say it's going to be see-through? So what, like a fucking chain linked fence or like prison bars? It's really not a wall if you can see through it, lol.
    Ummmmm you ever heard of glass?
    Ummmmm yeah I have. You really think that's a viable option? I already brought up the window washing problem, lol.
    Plenty of cheap labor there to wash it ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Trump: the wall has to be see-through. You have to know what's on the other side. 

:rofl:

I guess he'll be tendering out some force field companies?
    Did he really say it's going to be see-through? So what, like a fucking chain linked fence or like prison bars? It's really not a wall if you can see through it, lol.
    Ummmmm you ever heard of glass?
    Ummmmm yeah I have. You really think that's a viable option? I already brought up the window washing problem, lol.
    Plenty of cheap labor there to wash it ;)
    Not for long, according to Trump! .... Surely Mexico isn't going to pay for any window washing, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,931
    edited March 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    I have never had a FB account nor will I ever get one, even if it were the very last communication method left for humankind.
    I block everyone's feed that annoys me.  For me it was nice to log on and see mostly news, etc.  Recently the targeted ads are annoying as hell.  If I look up lawnmowers on Amazon the next time I log into FB I see tons of lawnmower ads.

A few years back you could set up an option where your comments, etc. would not appear in the news feed.  They did away with that so everyone pretty much sees what you comment on.

They still have those settings available, FYI. You can totally choose for your comments to not be viewable by others.
    I personally just don't put any personal info on FB, and feel like I have nothing to worry about. My friends are mostly strangers with shared interests, plus a small number of really close friends. Otherwise, it's just news and music feeds. I agree the ads are annoying, but at least you can tell them you aren't interested in them, and they go away forever... to make room for your next Amazon search, lol.
    I would find it difficult to get rid of FB even if I wanted to - I just get way too much useful info in my news feed, mostly about music/bands/artists, as well as news headlines from sources of my choice. It's by far the easiest way for me to keep on top of what I'm specifically interested in. I would feel really out of touch without it.
    I don't think so...I can limit who sees my posts to "Friends" but not comments.

I agree about the news feed though.  
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    PJ_Soul said:

Oh really? Well that is dumb. Yes, it would be nice if you could actually select who sees each comment on a case-by-case basis. I would love to have more control over each individual post. The sweeping "they see it or they don't" choice isn't refined enough IMO.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Oh really? Well that is dumb. Yes, it would be nice if you could actually select who sees each comment on a case-by-case basis. I would love to have more control over each individual post. The sweeping "they see it or they don't" choice isn't refined enough IMO.
    you can actually block people from seeing something you post. but you have to do it each time, and I think i saw that if you have any mutual friends, and one of those mutual friends comments on it or likes it or something, the person you had blocked from seeing it will be able to see it. it's stupid. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,931
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah there used to be an option called "Block my comments from newsfeed" or something to that effect.  That was nice because you could comment on news posts about politics, etc. and not worry about pissing off friends.  Now they see everything unless they "unfollow" me.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,592
    I only post in closed groups..i think literally only the one I administer.  I guess I'm likely to be targeted with Pearl Jam ads because I'm pretty sure that's all there is. 

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,818
    Thanks for the fb info, people. I’m still really reluctant to go ahead, even with a very limited profile that is locked down. Nothing I’ve learned about fb makes me feel good. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    mrussel1 said:
    I only post in closed groups..i think literally only the one I administer.  I guess I'm likely to be targeted with Pearl Jam ads because I'm pretty sure that's all there is. 

I only use closed groups too. I would never join one that isn't closed - it's a nuisance for all my FB friends otherwise.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,565
    edited March 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah there used to be an option called "Block my comments from newsfeed" or something to that effect.  That was nice because you could comment on news posts about politics, etc. and not worry about pissing off friends.  Now they see everything unless they "unfollow" me.

Doesn’t it depend on the settings of where you’re posting? If you post in a closed, or private group, like the official Pearl Jam group, only people in the group can see the posts. Other pages have it set wide open. They tend to be media related pages or businesses. So if you comment on the page of the burrito place that they gave you diarrhea, all your friends could theoretically see it.

Post edited by Go Beavers on
    ^^^ Yes, that is how it works. That's why I only go with closed groups.
    It sucks when it comes to news articles or whatever that I want to comment on or discuss with other random interested people. I can't hide those comments from anyone, and I really don't want that stuff going onto all my friends' newsfeeds. That is by far my biggest beef with Facebook on a personal level.
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,516
    edited March 2018
    If you're using Apple or Chrome or Google services you have 0 privacy anyway.

or the internet
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    OnWis97 said:

Hell of a band
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,348
    dignin said:

motherfuckers were way more savvy than I ever expected.

trump; idiot. bannon, etc; diabolically smart.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited March 2018
    Donald Trump Jr.

Lol
    Post edited by Thirty Bills Unpaid on
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,412
    What are they hiding?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,362
    What are they hiding?
    All kinds of shit is my best guess.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    So if the affair never happened with Stormy why the payment why give someone $ 130k ? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,199
    So if the affair never happened with Stormy why the payment why give someone $ 130k ? 
    What? The guy has to have an excuse for being charitable?
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    So what is the dumber idea? Arming teachers or executing drug dealers?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,412
    Nuts don’t fall far from the tree. Nice First Family.

Who Is Aubrey O’Day? Reports Say Donald Trump Jr. Had Affair With Danity Kane Alum - Newsweek https://apple.news/AjtpqfIq0QD6Cii_wnXJwSA
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,085
    Smellyman said:
    If you're using Apple or Chrome or Google services you have 0 privacy anyway.

or the internet

Only on FB can our enemies easily acquire personal info, family info and  contact info of all your friends and family.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,085
    PJ_Soul said:

Russia was able to acquire entire contact and friend lists, and blow through all user "security settings."

FB even has the ability to track users and suggest "friends" that a customer may not want to know "IRL" such as someone's "masseuse." FB is not disclosing how they do this. Ew.

There are other services that can provide a news and interest timeline as well as or better than FB. 

If a consumer needs to have strict protocol and settings about use of a product, does that not speak to the quality of the product?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited March 2018
    PJ_Soul said:

Russia was able to acquire entire contact and friend lists, and blow through all user "security settings."

FB even has the ability to track users and suggest "friends" that a customer may not want to know "IRL" such as someone's "masseuse." FB is not disclosing how they do this. Ew.

There are other services that can provide a news and interest timeline as well as or better than FB. 

If a consumer needs to have strict protocol and settings about use of a product, does that not speak to the quality of the product?
    My wife and I are renting a cottage this summer from someone we know. we are not friends on facebook, nor do we have friends in common. we only know each other's phone numbers. All of a sudden this year this woman became one of my suggested friends. I have no fucking clue how, as I've never searched for this person online that I can recall, and if my wife has, she's not on facebook. it's freaking me the fuck out. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

This discussion has been closed.