Options

April Fools!

Comments

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    unsung said:

Kat said:

By the way, it's cowered away.

And it was misinformation...someone's smear take on someone they hate. Goofy eh?
    No it isn't. It is directly from someone that was there and is documented in the book Game of Thorns.
    From Snopes: "The only source for the story, and versions being shared on other unreliable sites, are the tweets of Todd Kincannon, a controversial figure who has gained notoriety by trolling on Twitter,..."

It's BS and more just more smear.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,238
    Kat said:

And it was misinformation...someone's smear take on someone they hate. Goofy eh?
    The crying part is "alleged". The hiding part was witnessed by the world. That's the part that bothered me.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    edited April 2017

Kat said:

The crying part is "alleged". The hiding part was witnessed by the world. That's the part that bothered me.
    Why did it bother you? She didn't win, so who cares if she needed some time behind closed doors?? I really don't understand why you object so strongly to this. I truly can't imagine what could be so important about the slight delay of a concession speech. Now if she'd WON and refused to come out and say something, that would be weird....
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

Why did it bother you? She didn't win, so who cares if she needed some time behind closed doors?? I really don't understand why you object so strongly to this. I truly can't imagine what could be so important about the slight delay of a concession speech. Now if she'd WON and refused to come out and say something, that would be weird....
    Just needs a reason to justify the hate for Hillary. I mean, of all the things a person could dislike her for politically, he picks not making a concession announcement... on the night of the election, when a couple states were within 4 figures worth of votes and not all precincts reporting.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    She was not going to concede early like Al Gore did and then have to retract it. The votes were still being counted and so she didn't need to make a personal appearance until it was time. She did it appropriately, but nothing she ever does will ever satisfy people who hate her. She would have made a very good president; she is so well-prepared...and...well, that's all.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Kat said:

She was not going to concede early like Al Gore did and then have to retract it. The votes were still being counted and so she didn't need to make a personal appearance until it was time. She did it appropriately, but nothing she ever does will ever satisfy people who hate her. She would have made a very good president; she is so well-prepared...and...well, that's all.

Exactly. Not sure why people can't understand this.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938

Kat said:

If 'hiding' is bothersome to you, why isn't the fact that Trump exclusively communicates unidirectionally through 140 character messages, staged press conferences where unfavourable questions are denied, and rallies designed to promote groupthink over critical thinking deplorable to you? Talk about shying away from accountability.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Kat said:

It's true. I am not a huge fan of Hillary, but I will NEVER get the loathing people have built up for her... I 100% feel like people have literally been brainwashed into hating her at that level. I just don't understand how they all fell for it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

It's true. I am not a huge fan of Hillary, but I will NEVER get the loathing people have built up for her... I 100% feel like people have literally been brainwashed into hating her at that level. I just don't understand how they all fell for it.
    I think that Clinton became a microcosm for corruption in American politics. Trump successfully convinced a large segment of the population that she embodied all of the hated characteristics about the status quo politicians. By doing this, he didn't need to elevate his own status or convince everyone of his viability as a politician - he just had to run as 'not part of the status quo'. And he truly isn't - he's a new, transparent kind of corrupt, instead of the corruption that forced people to connect the dots if they wanted to prove it.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,238
    Kat said:

She privately conceded to trump around 1:30am. I never said I hated Hillary. Trump was a realty star who fed on issues the middle class and lower wanted to hear. His promises are falling short as with most politicians. Hillary rode her husbands name and the second woman's movement into the nomination. IN MY OPINION, neither were qualified for office. The first thing you teach kids whenever they compete, win or lose you shake hands and tell your opponent good game. You do this after the game/contest. You do it to their face, in front of the other players and spectators. You do it immediately and you do it face to face. Not a phone call behind closed doors and certainly not the next afternoon. First question my daughter had in the morning was "who won" the second was "what did She say about it" I can accept the phone call to trump at 1:30am, but not speaking publicly until the next afternoon was in poor taste and shows weekends. IN MY OPINION.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    why would she concede right away when she thought/knew russia had something to do with it? you don't think it's smart of her to make sure she lost, or at least take as much time as she could have before conceding? conceding early would have been stupid.

SHE'S the one who told the world to "let the man govern" in her concession speech.

and if she cried, I don't give a shit. I almost hope she did. it would be nice to have a leader that actually feels SOMETHING other than other people's private parts.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited April 2017
    I never understood why some people act like crying is a sin anyhow. Seems like a bizarre attitude to me. There is nothing wrong with crying IMO. Fuck, if I'd gone through what Hillary went through, and then lost to DONALD TRUMP, and knowing at the same time he would be POTUS, I'd probably bawl my eyes out for weeks. Tears of shock and horror, and tears of misery over the fact that so many Americans actually voted for that piece of shit sexual predator because Republicans and Russians managed to brainwash millions. Seems worth crying over.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828

Kat said:

She privately conceded to trump around 1:30am. I never said I hated Hillary. Trump was a realty star who fed on issues the middle class and lower wanted to hear. His promises are falling short as with most politicians. Hillary rode her husbands name and the second woman's movement into the nomination. IN MY OPINION, neither were qualified for office. The first thing you teach kids whenever they compete, win or lose you shake hands and tell your opponent good game. You do this after the game/contest. You do it to their face, in front of the other players and spectators. You do it immediately and you do it face to face. Not a phone call behind closed doors and certainly not the next afternoon. First question my daughter had in the morning was "who won" the second was "what did She say about it" I can accept the phone call to trump at 1:30am, but not speaking publicly until the next afternoon was in poor taste and shows weekends. IN MY OPINION.

"...... rode her husbands name and the second woman's movement into the nomination...."

Because no matter what her background was and what she has accomplished, her nomination must actually be credited to a man and to reverse discrimination.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

Kat said:

I have to disagree. And yes, I understand that you are entitled to your own opinion.

Children competing in a sporting event is very different than running for president. Election night was a mess & all parties involved were clearly hearing different info/results from many different sources. She opted to wait until it was clear, then she called him. I would imagine that she was flat out exhausted after a very long campaign (& night), so faulting her for waiting to speak publicly until later that day is ridiculous.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options

why would she concede right away when she thought/knew russia had something to do with it? you don't think it's smart of her to make sure she lost, or at least take as much time as she could have before conceding? conceding early would have been stupid.

SHE'S the one who told the world to "let the man govern" in her concession speech.

and if she cried, I don't give a shit. I almost hope she did. it would be nice to have a leader that actually feels SOMETHING other than other people's private parts.

Truth with a capital T.
  • Options

well said.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

Good post. I don't have a problem with the crying thing either. Hell, plenty of big, strong athletes (male and female) cry after a huge game, win or lose. You've just given everything you have emotionally, mentally and physically to a contest, and at the end you're drained.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    I don't understand why we're focusing on whether or not she cried.

The real story here is the leakers! Who in Hillary's campaign is leaking this information? I will not rest until the leakers are brought to justice!
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,614

Kat said:

You clearly don't know the history of concessions after a presidential election.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,113
    CM189191 said:

I don't understand why we're focusing on whether or not she cried.

The real story here is the leakers! Who in Hillary's campaign is leaking this information? I will not rest until the leakers are brought to justice!

If she cried, Hillary is the leaker.

But seriously, so many reasons to not want Hillary to be president, but crying or feeling bad about losing don't make my list. I really only had 2 reasons I wanted Hillary to be president:

1) Keep Bernie out
    2) Keep Trump out

If bernie had run against trump I think I would have cried and locked myself in a room for 4-8 years.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Kat said:

unsung said:

Kat said:

No it isn't. It is directly from someone that was there and is documented in the book Game of Thorns.
    From Snopes: "The only source for the story, and versions being shared on other unreliable sites, are the tweets of Todd Kincannon, a controversial figure who has gained notoriety by trolling on Twitter,..."

Nobody cares what the George Soros funded snopes thinks. Have they got off the hookers yet?
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    edited April 2017
    jeffbr said:

Good post. I don't have a problem with the crying thing either. Hell, plenty of big, strong athletes (male and female) cry after a huge game, win or lose. You've just given everything you have emotionally, mentally and physically to a contest, and at the end you're drained.
    It wasn't just the crying. She was blasted and was screaming at people that worked their butts off for her. She is not, never has been, and never will be Presidential material. It is about respect, she gave none.

Hey, BTW, how does Anthony Weiner sext an underage girl and not go to jail?
    Post edited by unsung on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    unsung said:

jeffbr said:

It wasn't just the crying. She was blasted and was screaming at people that worked their butts off for her. She is not, never has been, and never will be Presidential material. It is about respect, she gave none.

"she was blasted and was screaming at people...."

this is laughable.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

unsung said:

jeffbr said:

this is laughable.
    I laughed. From the author below...

• Options
    unsung said:

Kat said:

unsung said:

Kat said:

Nobody cares what the George Soros funded snopes thinks. Have they got off the hookers yet?
    LOL. Hilarious how you just automatically reject anything from Snopes. It doesn't seem to matter if it's right or not. You'd rather believe the guy who said that Ebola patients in the US should be executed immediately. :lol:
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

Kat said:

unsung said:

Kat said:

LOL. Hilarious how you just automatically reject anything from Snopes. It doesn't seem to matter if it's right or not. You'd rather believe the guy who said that Ebola patients in the US should be executed immediately. :lol:
    It's crazy, facts don't matter, only hearsay that confirms precondition opinions.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    unsung said:

unsung said:

jeffbr said:

this is laughable.
    I laughed. From the author below...

Did they make her pay for the glass or are we sending the bill to Mexico?
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    edited April 2017
    PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

It has been a witch hunt since 1992.

When you ask people why they hate Hillary? 99% of them will have no clue why
    Post edited by Smellyman on
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

It has been a witch hunt since 1992.

When you ask people why they hate Hillary? 99% of them will have no clue why
    She's an intelligent, successful woman. That's why.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,614
    Some men are insecure and cower before women of power and intelligence.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©