Options

April Fools!

Comments

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

I'm going to start peppering all the political and current event threads on AMT with my well-thought out comments and opinions as I once did long ago.

:smiley:

Commie :anguished:
    Hey, what happened to "pinko"? :lol:
    Damn pinko commie :smiley:

https://youtu.be/oGxB-R34Lsc
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    unsung said:

If any of us ran against trump and lost, we'd all be drunk as shit, yelling and crying.

We'd have to have decent income in the first place to run so we'd just move to Canada and blaze it to Pink Floyd, Grateful Dead et al.
    Inclined to agree, some people though only crave more power. Me? I'd find a nice place in the woods with a small lake.
    Somewhere quiet to finish your manifesto?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    CM189191 said:

unsung said:

If any of us ran against trump and lost, we'd all be drunk as shit, yelling and crying.

We'd have to have decent income in the first place to run so we'd just move to Canada and blaze it to Pink Floyd, Grateful Dead et al.
    Inclined to agree, some people though only crave more power. Me? I'd find a nice place in the woods with a small lake.
    Somewhere quiet to finish your manifesto?

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,614

unsung said:

Heard she got really drunk and was screaming and crying hysterically that night.

I guess it would suck knowing you couldn't beat the worst President ever elected.

The smartest guy on the board responds with a, "I heard"?
    I'm not saying she didn't flip out. I'm saying that with the race as tight as it was, no presidential candidate would come out and concede.
    I thought BS was the smartest guy on the board? Daaaa,uuuuuuuummm. I've been done fooled me twice. I won't get fooled again.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

unsung said:

Heard she got really drunk and was screaming and crying hysterically that night.

I guess it would suck knowing you couldn't beat the worst President ever elected.

The smartest guy on the board responds with a, "I heard"?
    I'm not saying she didn't flip out. I'm saying that with the race as tight as it was, no presidential candidate would come out and concede.
    I thought BS was the smartest guy on the board? Daaaa,uuuuuuuummm. I've been done fooled me twice. I won't get fooled again.
    Hahahahahahaha!!!
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    The smartest person on these boards knows not to get sucked into the emotional vortex that is AMT. So.. none of us.... :rofl:
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    benjs said:

unsung said:

I was going to try to find a funny picture of an ungoverned society, then I remembered that every single cluster of people throughout all of history organically converges at a governed reality, and the fact that you yourself have conceded that an ungoverned society cannot be attained today anyways. I'm sure you can make a great image of a permanent anarchist society in the one place it can thrive though - your head. Happy April Fool's Day!
    No, what I said was an ungoverned society can't exist if leftists are involved.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    unsung said:

benjs said:

unsung said:

I was going to try to find a funny picture of an ungoverned society, then I remembered that every single cluster of people throughout all of history organically converges at a governed reality, and the fact that you yourself have conceded that an ungoverned society cannot be attained today anyways. I'm sure you can make a great image of a permanent anarchist society in the one place it can thrive though - your head. Happy April Fool's Day!
    But who will the overlords lord over if there aren't any leftist bootlicking statists around?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    unsung said:

benjs said:

unsung said:

I forgot that you never actually answered my question, my apologies, only offering an admission that the ungoverned society could not be created in today's cultural climate, when I asked how an ungoverned society could ever exist (since it is 100% unprecedented).

What defines a 'leftist' in your eyes, for the record? What traits would have to be snuffed by your ungoverned society for it to thrive, in your opinion?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    benjs said:

unsung said:

benjs said:

unsung said:

I forgot that you never actually answered my question, my apologies, only offering an admission that the ungoverned society could not be created in today's cultural climate, when I asked how an ungoverned society could ever exist (since it is 100% unprecedented).

What defines a 'leftist' in your eyes, for the record? What traits would have to be snuffed by your ungoverned society for it to thrive, in your opinion?
    "Everyone I Hate Is a Leftist Liberal: Unsungs Emotional Guide To Arguing On The Internet!"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,552

Kat said:

unsung said:

It would have been glorious. She can still do a lot of good for our country. Go Hillary.
    The fact that Hillary coward away in her hotel room for hours, all the way into the next day rather than making a statement on election night spoke volumes. Trump is probably the worst president we have ever elected, and yes I voted for him but hillarys actions that night proved to me she was not competent for the job.
    :rofl:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    rgambs said:

unsung said:

benjs said:

unsung said:

But who will the overlords lord over if there aren't any leftist bootlicking statists around?
    Don't you mean leftist statist globalists?
    Or is it leftist globalist statists?
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    unsung said:

What is it about his lake house that bothers you so much, judging from how many times you hearken back to this? You act like he used campaign donations to buy it FFS. They used his wife's inheritance from a dead uncle (or someone) to buy it. I don't see what the problem is. Are you under yet another false impression? This time being that Bernie Sanders doesn't believe in spending money or something?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,238
    PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

unsung said:

It would have been glorious. She can still do a lot of good for our country. Go Hillary.
    The fact that Hillary coward away in her hotel room for hours, all the way into the next day rather than making a statement on election night spoke volumes. Trump is probably the worst president we have ever elected, and yes I voted for him but hillarys actions that night proved to me she was not competent for the job.
    It's funny because it's true.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

unsung said:

No, it's funny because it's so ironic. Someone worrying about Hillary Clinton not being competent for the job when they voted for Trump is fucking hilarious... and sad at the same time.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

unsung said:

No, it's funny because it's so ironic. Someone worrying about Hillary Clinton not being competent for the job when they voted for Trump is fucking hilarious... and sad at the same time.
    Being the President is a tough job, look at how bad it ages the men who have come before Trump. Trump is proving himself a dipshit, as many believed before the election. But I'd rather have a dipshit, ego maniac at the wheel opposed to a crybaby who hid when things didn't go her way. Sad but true all around.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

unsung said:

Being the President is a tough job, look at how bad it ages the men who have come before Trump. Trump is proving himself a dipshit, as many believed before the election. But I'd rather have a dipshit, ego maniac at the wheel opposed to a crybaby who hid when things didn't go her way. Sad but true all around.
    As opposed to the ample evidence of Trump responding maturely and thoughtfully when things don't go his way.....
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    edited April 2017

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

unsung said:

Well I think it's hilarious/sad/depressing/disturbing that anyone could ever say what you just said with a straight face. The comparison seems completely illogical to me, and seems to deny reality.... no offense, lol. I'm not trying to be an asshole, I just can't believe that someone can know all the facts about Trump and Hillary and still come to the conclusion that you have.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

unsung said:

As opposed to the ample evidence of Trump responding maturely and thoughtfully when things don't go his way.....
    Never said that. He's an ass, he says some of the dumbest shit ever. This had to be the two worst choices in our presendential race history.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

unsung said:

Never said that. He's an ass, he says some of the dumbest shit ever. This had to be the two worst choices in our presendential race history.
    Never said, but implied that Trump responds more maturely than Clinton, despite all evidence to the contrary.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

unsung said:

Every post of yours is code for "White republicans are above the law because I say so. Double standards rule! Derp!"
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VDW0ZnZxjn4
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

unsung said:

Every post of yours is code for "White republicans are above the law because I say so. Double standards rule! Derp!"
    How so? I voted trump, it appears trump is crashing and burning like some thought. I'm man enough to admit this. His responses and tweets are mind boggling and crazy. I see no one here accepting the fact that their savior Hilary Clinton coward away on election night and cried her eyes out. I think you meant to post the YouTube video of someone who has won, like trump and not lost like Clinton.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

unsung said:

How so? I voted trump, it appears trump is crashing and burning like some thought. I'm man enough to admit this. His responses and tweets are mind boggling and crazy. I see no one here accepting the fact that their savior Hilary Clinton coward away on election night and cried her eyes out. I think you meant to post the YouTube video of someone who has won, like trump and not lost like Clinton.
    It's hard to even know what your point is here and what sort of response you want. There is ample evidence that Clinton had displayed more grace under pressure than Trump ever has. You don't even have any evidence that Clinton cried; that's what unsung "heard someone say". And if it were true, so what? If you hope that I'm going to agree that crying in the face of loss is a sign that someone is a coward, then you're gravely mistaken.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Even if it is true (which I seriously doubt), who the fuck cares if Hillary was really upset when she lost?? I don't understand why you think that means anything. If nothing else, it means that she really cared about winning. But somehow you think it makes her worse than Trump. I don't get it. Also, that "your saviour Hillary" stuff is pure fantasy.
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209

Kat said:

unsung said:

good point here....
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

unsung said:

And yet there were other choices...
  • Options
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772

By the way, it's cowered away.

And it was misinformation...someone's smear take on someone they hate. Goofy eh?
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    edited April 2017
    Kat said:

And it was misinformation...someone's smear take on someone they hate. Goofy eh?
    No it isn't. It is directly from someone that was there and is documented in the book Game of Thorns.
    Post edited by unsung on
  • Options
    Kat said:

Goofy at the very least.