Poll--The Weakest Link: No Code, Championship Round

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    In My Tree
    lolobugg said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Hearing In My Tree live on my b-day in Philly last April was a great gift they didn't even know they gave me. It's far & away my favorite PJ song.

And yet you voted it as the weakest link. Interesting.
    Haha, I thought I was supposed to vote for my favorite....... reading is fundamental, eh?
    ha ha.....that's what I figured. You can't go wrong with either song.
    Does anybody know if there is a story behind the lyrics to present tense?
    in Charleston 1996 Ed said he started writing the song and he thought of Pete Townshend. so he used his initials....... PT and blah blah blah.

see it's a boring song. VOTE FOR IN MY TREE. #1 song on NO CODE
    christ ed is singing about being in a god damn tree. how boring is that?! What the heck do you do in a tree? oh wow I get to wave to all my friends from being so high. I get to trade stories with the leaves....what the heck does a leaf say?! blah blah blah.
    VOTE FOR PRESENT TENSE!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    In My Tree
    Democracy at its finest ;)
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    Present Tense
    mcgruff10 said:

lolobugg said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Hearing In My Tree live on my b-day in Philly last April was a great gift they didn't even know they gave me. It's far & away my favorite PJ song.

Haha, I thought I was supposed to vote for my favorite....... reading is fundamental, eh?
    in Charleston 1996 Ed said he started writing the song and he thought of Pete Townshend. so he used his initials....... PT and blah blah blah.

christ ed is singing about being in a god damn tree. how boring is that?! What the heck do you do in a tree? oh wow I get to wave to all my friends from being so high. I get to trade stories with the leaves....what the heck does a leaf say?! blah blah blah.
    VOTE FOR PRESENT TENSE!
    do you know how much COOL shit you can do in a tree, man?
    vote for IN MY MOTHERF*CKING TREE!!!

:lol:

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    edited March 2017
    In My Tree
    lolobugg said:

mcgruff10 said:

lolobugg said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

VOTE FOR PRESENT TENSE!
    do you know how much COOL shit you can do in a tree, man?
    vote for IN MY MOTHERF*CKING TREE!!!

You guys are going to confuse the voters even more. If you vote for the song that goes against it. No more hanging chads or confusing ballot rules or we'll need to do a recount :wink:
    Post edited by tbergs on
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    Present Tense
    tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

VOTE FOR PRESENT TENSE!

Just to clarify, he means vote for In My Tree which thus supports Present Tense. You don't need anymore hanging chads or misinformed voters on the ballot rules :wink:

wait a minute there...........
    is your name Katherine Harris??

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited March 2017
    In My Tree
    tbergs said:

You guys are going to confuse the voters even more. If you vote for the song that goes against it. No more hanging chads or confusing ballot rules or we'll need to do a recount :wink:

Yes. Again, you should pick the song that you think is the "Weakest Link" from the remaining list.
    The song with the fewest votes will be crowned CHAMPION.
  • Options
    Present Tense
    mcgruff10 said:

lolobugg said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

VOTE FOR PRESENT TENSE!
    I always took is as he is giving the vantage point of an ape (Ishmael) looking down on humans from its tree. Very cool aloof lyrical writing. Magic really, it suspends you not only in musical awe it also suspends you in a tree looking down on your fellow humans through a primates eye.
    Perhaps inspired by the novel Ishmael that EV professed as an inspiration later for yield.
    It's a great book and was surprised that it got a nod from EV back then. I read it before I heard this.

In My Tree is a masterpiece.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    In My Tree
    I think In My Tree is about escape, introspection, solitude, gaining a new/different perspective - getting back your inner sense / innocence.

My take on it, anyway.
  • Options
    In My Tree

rummy said:

mcgruff10 said:

rummy said:

I dunno. If one thinks NAIS is boring, I would of thought they'd feel the same way about Sleight of Hand.

I definitely think sleight of hand is boring live. Not my cup of tea.
    Agreed. I don't hate it but it's more off a driving-along-in-a-car-by-yourself-at-night kind of tune.
    That situation you describe lends itself well for awesome music to present itself.

Of The Girl for me. I get lost in a sea of memories listening to that song and often... replay it immediately after it finishes.
    Same here. Top five all time PJ song for me.

I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,773
    rummy said:

rummy said:

rummy said:

lolobugg said:

so that's 2 votes that should be for PT as weakest link.
    Hedo and Merkin Baller.
    can we please get those corrected?

actually count should be 56-48.
    and once all my constituents get off work.......... PT is going down!!!

You have about 15 mins you better get on that. :wink:
    I think this round goes until tomorrow.
    I realized that after I posted that. This album poll just seems to have been going on forever and I'm ready for it to be over.
    The two days does indeed seem long at times, doesn't it?
    It's not the length of days, it's my lack of interest in who wins this one.
    You like your PJ fast and heavy, don't you? Habit...Lukin, I believe...No Immortality or PT...
    I can respect that.
    I guess mostly, although my fav off of Yield is Faithfull and don't even get me started on Binaural, I freaking love that album. That is going to be like picking my favorite kid.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    In My Tree
    mcgruff10 said:

lolobugg said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

VOTE FOR PRESENT TENSE!
    Scruffy...

You idiot... you don't tell them to vote 'for Present Tense' or that's going to get the song in trouble. You tell them to 'vote for In My Tree' (fewest votes wins ya dork).

But I agree with you. Ya ya. I'm up here in a gawddamn tree just sittin' here. Talk to the leaves because I'm on acid or something. Booorring.

(actually I really like it)
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    In My Tree

rummy said:

mcgruff10 said:

rummy said:

I dunno. If one thinks NAIS is boring, I would of thought they'd feel the same way about Sleight of Hand.

Agreed. I don't hate it but it's more off a driving-along-in-a-car-by-yourself-at-night kind of tune.
    That situation you describe lends itself well for awesome music to present itself.

Of The Girl for me. I get lost in a sea of memories listening to that song and often... replay it immediately after it finishes.

Not surprised. You and me have the best taste in PJ's music. Probably because of our overall awesomeness.
  • Options
    In My Tree

mcgruff10 said:

lolobugg said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

VOTE FOR PRESENT TENSE!
    Scruffy...

You idiot... you don't tell them to vote 'for Present Tense' or that's going to get the song in trouble. You tell them to 'vote for In My Tree' (fewest votes wins ya dork).

But I agree with you. Ya ya. I'm up here in a gawddamn tree just sittin' here. Talk to the leaves because I'm on acid or something. Booorring.

God damn it you are right!! I am a dumb ass.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    In My Tree
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

lolobugg said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

VOTE FOR PRESENT TENSE!
    Scruffy...

Chock it up to us voting on each other's behalf, it balances out.

:D
  • Options
    In My Tree

rummy said:

mcgruff10 said:

rummy said:

Not surprised. You and me have the best taste in PJ's music. Probably because of our overall awesomeness.
    Damn straight.
  • Options
    In My Tree
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

lolobugg said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

VOTE FOR PRESENT TENSE!
    Scruffy...

• Options
    In My Tree

rummy said:

mcgruff10 said:

rummy said:

dirty I respect you because you are my elder but your taste in pj's music is putrid at best. having sirens, just breathe and future days as your top 3 songs will not make you too many friends.
  • Options
    Present Tense
    ^^^
    That's not true, Dyer and him will become bffs because of it.
  • Options
    In My Tree

^^^
    That's not true, Dyer and him will become bffs because of it.

I didn't want to share this story publicly but dyer and dirty were crying on each other's shoulders when just breathe was played at their last show together. I taped the whole thing on my iPhone but I was sworn by both of them not to share this intimate moment. Both good dudes with a soft side.
  • Options
    In My Tree
    Well if we're airing dirty laundry... everyone should know that after the same show, Scruffy was all fired up.

He had a poster and was wearing his new PJ shirt he had bought. He was whooping and hollering as we entered a pub and ordered some drinks. He ordered two Palm Bays and proceeded to shotgun both. I said to him, "Scruffy, lets pace a bit. We have a long night ahead of us."

He gave me a pirate like, "Gyar wouldja stop your bellyaching I'm a sailor... gyar." So, I let him be.

An hour passed by and the waitress came by and asked us, "Excuse me, but is that your sailor friend over there?" When I looked... Scruffy was slumped on the bench seat with a pomegranate Palm Bay spilled down the front of his new PJ shirt. We decided to lug the big lunker back home.

At the hotel he got a burst of energy and after getting into his pj's... he slapped his headphones on and proceeded to pass out again. This brings me to the point of this story: when we got him out of the chair and laid him down... his foam headphones slipped off and... yah... Wang Chung's 'Everybody Had Fun Tonight' blasting away.
  • Options
    In My Tree

Well if we're airing dirty laundry... everyone should know that after the same show, Scruffy was all fired up.

He had a poster and was wearing his new PJ shirt he had bought. He was whooping and hollering as we entered a pub and ordered some drinks. He ordered two Palm Bays and proceeded to shotgun both. I said to him, "Scruffy, lets pace a bit. We have a long night ahead of us."

He gave me a pirate like, "Gyar wouldja stop your bellyaching I'm a sailor... gyar." So, I let him be.

An hour passed by and the waitress came by and asked us, "Excuse me, but is that your sailor friend over there?" When I looked... Scruffy was slumped on the bench seat with a pomegranate Palm Bay spilled down the front of his new PJ shirt. We decided to lug the big lunker back home.

At the hotel he got a burst of energy and after getting into his pj's... he slapped his headphones on and proceeded to pass out again. This brings me to the point of this story: when we got him out of the chair and laid him down... his foam headphones slipped off and... yah... Wang Chung's 'Everybody Had Fun Tonight' blasting away.

I know we swore on it but get the story right: I was drinking zimas. Those drinks will kick your ass! And holy hell what a hangover with all that sugar!!! By the way, who the hell wants to be in a tree?! Be in the present tense and do something cooler than climbing a freaking tree.
  • Options
    In My Tree
    You breached trust, my friend. But yah it was the Zimas.

And I do agree: climb a tree, hang out, nobody to talk to so you strike up a conversation with leaves.

Who does that?

Orrrrrr... you can come to terms and realize you're the only one who can't forgive yourself. It just makes more sense, to live, in the present tense.
  • Options
    In My Tree

You breached trust, my friend. But yah it was the Zimas.

And I do agree: climb a tree, hang out, nobody to talk to so you strike up a conversation with leaves.

Who does that?

Orrrrrr... you can come to terms and realize you're the only one who can't forgive yourself. It just makes more sense, to live, in the present tense.

Enter kick ass jam
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    Present Tense
    Shotgunning Palm Bays, hahaha - now that's funny! :rofl:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    In My Tree
    PJ_Soul said:

What the hell is a Palm Bay? Is this something you Canadians drink in the middle of winter?
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited March 2017
    Present Tense
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

What the hell is a Palm Bay? Is this something you Canadians drink in the middle of winter?
    thirty just gave you a low blow,
    http://www.palmbayspritz.ca/products
    it's a Canadian chick drink
    when you are up in a tree things like this don't happen to you
  • Options
    In My Tree

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

thirty just gave you a low blow,
    http://www.palmbayspritz.ca/products
    it's a Canadian chick drink
    when you are up in a tree things like this don't happen to you
    Damn that pomegranate hibiscus looks delish!!
  • Options
    In My Tree
    PJ_Soul said:

Scruffy never had a chance. He didn't even know what he was drinking.
  • Options
    In My Tree

PJ_Soul said:

Scruffy never had a chance. He didn't even know what he was drinking.
    you called it "the scotch of canada".
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited March 2017
    Present Tense
    OP
    In all honesty you have to count the admitted mistaken votes and place them in their respectful place.
    This is the final round and we can't be having accidental votes crown a champion.
This discussion has been closed.