**2018 Degenerate Fantasy Baseball League**

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    :rofl:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    We are past the first 1/3 of the regular season.
    Been an up and down ride for many teams...even though I am the only one to beat Chicago #1 Head to Head this season, he is beating the crap out of every other team. 
    This is important for Chicago #1 -- he wants to be sure to win the division and get a bye.  The last two years I have won the division, had the bye, and then eliminated him in the 2nd round.  There is revenge on the mind, no doubt!

Still plenty of time to tip things upside down and see any of the teams in the top 6 slots fail to qualify for playoffs but the sands of time run quickly....it is time to be bold and make sure you are making trade offers and working to mix it up if you are one of the teams on the bottom few rungs of the ladder.

Remember that 'Byes' are like gold.  2 weeks to wait while other teams need to slug it out to advance.  There is a bye awarded to each Division Winner.  (This means if the season were to end today that even though I have the 2nd best record I would not get a bye because I am in 2nd place in the West division, behind Chi#1....2 Scotts 1 Cup would get a bye as the winner of the (l)East Division.)

Good luck!
    I'm not counting on much from me as this was my first year and missed out on most of the draft so I'm all about "next year", lol!
    Ani got torched Year 1 and finished in the money Year 2.  A good path to follow!
    Learn from this season on how you want to draft a team next year. It is not just about drafting the best players. I throw in the tool on some attributes to make sure I win others. Once you get to the playoffs it doesn't matter if you win 8-7-1 or 14-0. You just need to win. 
    Once I got in on the draft ALL the good pitching was gone.  I snagged what I could by then.  I know rookies and possible breakouts on batters so I can always field a good team of batters from leftovers.  So next year pitching first...
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    We are past the first 1/3 of the regular season.
    Been an up and down ride for many teams...even though I am the only one to beat Chicago #1 Head to Head this season, he is beating the crap out of every other team. 
    This is important for Chicago #1 -- he wants to be sure to win the division and get a bye.  The last two years I have won the division, had the bye, and then eliminated him in the 2nd round.  There is revenge on the mind, no doubt!

Still plenty of time to tip things upside down and see any of the teams in the top 6 slots fail to qualify for playoffs but the sands of time run quickly....it is time to be bold and make sure you are making trade offers and working to mix it up if you are one of the teams on the bottom few rungs of the ladder.

Remember that 'Byes' are like gold.  2 weeks to wait while other teams need to slug it out to advance.  There is a bye awarded to each Division Winner.  (This means if the season were to end today that even though I have the 2nd best record I would not get a bye because I am in 2nd place in the West division, behind Chi#1....2 Scotts 1 Cup would get a bye as the winner of the (l)East Division.)

Good luck!
    I'm not counting on much from me as this was my first year and missed out on most of the draft so I'm all about "next year", lol!
    Ani got torched Year 1 and finished in the money Year 2.  A good path to follow!
    Learn from this season on how you want to draft a team next year. It is not just about drafting the best players. I throw in the tool on some attributes to make sure I win others. Once you get to the playoffs it doesn't matter if you win 8-7-1 or 14-0. You just need to win. 
    Once I got in on the draft ALL the good pitching was gone.  I snagged what I could by then.  I know rookies and possible breakouts on batters so I can always field a good team of batters from leftovers.  So next year pitching first...
    Most years (not this year, just where the draft took me) I am a SP heavy guy ---- no bench hitters.  Be wary of going Pitchers first...typically even at round 5-6-7-8 there are still lots of quality SP available, but you will be hard pressed to find some of the weak position hitting spots by that point.
    It is a thing to practice and every league (with different rules) is different. 
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    My strategy is simple, grab a stud hitter in round 1 and 2 and then load up on top end pitching rounds 3 through 7. Then fill in where needed. I want at least 4 #1's on teams and then a lot of two's. You can always bench your middle tier starters mid week if you don't need them. If the aces are rolling and you get ahead in pitching you force the other team to have to use junk pitchers hoping for a good week. Only issue I have now is my offense tends to disappear for a week at a time (see last week). A rash of short term injuries to hitters (also my last week) and you are playing with half an offense. Even when that happens I can normally win the week or keep it close. Last week was probably my worst week in this league. My aces got bombed to start the week but I was able to hang on to enough categories by pitching volume that even though I lost it wasn't a blood bath. F Me could have beaten me 12-2 but we at least kept it respectable (5-8-1).  
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    My strategy is simple, grab a stud hitter in round 1 and 2 and then load up on top end pitching rounds 3 through 7. Then fill in where needed. I want at least 4 #1's on teams and then a lot of two's. You can always bench your middle tier starters mid week if you don't need them. If the aces are rolling and you get ahead in pitching you force the other team to have to use junk pitchers hoping for a good week. Only issue I have now is my offense tends to disappear for a week at a time (see last week). A rash of short term injuries to hitters (also my last week) and you are playing with half an offense. Even when that happens I can normally win the week or keep it close. Last week was probably my worst week in this league. My aces got bombed to start the week but I was able to hang on to enough categories by pitching volume that even though I lost it wasn't a blood bath. F Me could have beaten me 12-2 but we at least kept it respectable (5-8-1).  
    The two I got stomped on it seemed both my pitching and hitting decided to take a nap at the same time...
    Take those two big losses and half them and I'm in 2nd place...
    The two I got stomped on it seemed both my pitching and hitting decided to take a nap at the same time...
    Take those two big losses and half them and I'm in 2nd place...
    Math was off I'd be 4th.
    If my Aunt was packing, she'd be my Uncle.

:lol:

jk, it is all fun!
    This is not fun. This is life or death. 
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Question?

Does a walk/BB count as a "Total Base"?
    Nope. 
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Nope. 
    That is one hell of an awful rule...  TB means Total Bases not Partial Bases...  WTF.
    Nope. 
    That is one hell of an awful rule...  TB means Total Bases not Partial Bases...  WTF.
    That was one of my comments previously....don't like that this league doesn't give credit to walks.  That is just silly.  Getting on base is a hugely important part of the game. 
    Total Bases is a baseball stat, though - I dont believe this is a recently invented egghead stat, think it has been around a long time.
    Nope. 
    That was one of my comments previously....don't like that this league doesn't give credit to walks.  That is just silly.  Getting on base is a hugely important part of the game. 
    Total Bases is a baseball stat, though - I dont believe this is a recently invented egghead stat, think it has been around a long time.
    TB is a real stat that uses walks...  Dumb...
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    Confused

mlb stats has Blackmon at 139 tb

our league has Blackmon at 139 tb
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

ed243421 said:
    Confused

mlb stats has Blackmon at 139 tb

our league has Blackmon at 139 tb
    For years I thought Total Bases was including walks/BB.  I am wrong, it does not.

Tb doesn't include walks.  Flaw.  That is why they started going to on base percentage a while back.  Average is great but obp is better.  
    Joey Votto rules!
    Lol.
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Does anyone have any actual proof walk do not count as total bases?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
    "In baseball statistics, total bases (TBs) is the number of bases a player has gained with hits. It is a weighted sum for which the weight value is 1 for a single, 2 for a double, 3 for a triple and 4 for a home run. Only bases attained from hits count toward this total."
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    I like 4th base!!
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

:lol:
    I like sliding into home when I get to 4th
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    splash landing in the current
    I like sliding into home when I get to 4th
    I flip the bat...
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    In fantasy terms.... how do you know they aren't counted?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
    do they have a different definition of hit or runs or home runs?

from ESPN

Definitions of Abbreviations
    Batters:
    * = Bats Left-handed
    # = Switch Hitter
    G = Games
    AB = At-Bats
    H = Hits
    2B = Doubles
    3B = Triples
    HR = Home Runs
    TB = Total Bases
    R = Runs
    RBI = Runs Batted In
    TBB = Total Bases on Balls
    IBB = Intentional Bases on Ball
    SO = Strikeouts
    HBP = Times Hit by Pitches
    SH = Sacrifice Hits
    SF = Sacrifice Flies
    SB = Stolen Bases
    CS = Times Caught Stealing
    SB% = Stolen Base Percentage
    GDP = Times Grounded into Double Plays
    Avg = Batting Average
    OBP = On-Base Percentage
    SLG = Slugging Percentage
    BB = Walks
    PA = Plate Appearances
    RAT = Ratio of AB/HR
    RC = Runs Created
    RC/27 = Runs Created per 27 outs
    Ht = Height
    Wt = Weight
    Yr = Year
    Lg = Minor League Level
    POS = Position
    GB = Number of Fair Ground Balls Hit (hits, outs and errors)
    FB = Number of Fly Balls Hit (excludes line drives)
    G/F = Ratio of Grounders to Fly Balls
    BFP = Batters Facing Pitchers
    #Pit = Number of Pitches Offered to the Hitter
    #P/PA = Average Number of Pitches per Plate Appearance

Pitchers:

* = Throws Left-handed
    G = Games Pitched
    GS = Games Started
    CG = Complete Games
    GF = Games Finished
    IP = Innings Pitched
    BFP = Batters Facing Pitcher
    H = Hits Allowed
    R = Runs Allowed
    ER = Earned Runs Allowed
    HR = Home Runs Allowed
    SH = Sacrifice Hits Allowed
    SF = Sacrifice Flies Allowed
    HB = Hit Batsmen
    TBB = Total Bases on Balls
    IBB = Intentional Bases on Ball
    SO = Strikeouts
    WP = Wild Pitches
    Sup = Run Support per Nine Innings
    IR = Inherited Runners
    IRS = Inherited Runners who Scored
    QS = Quality Starts
    SvOp = Save Opportunities
    GB = Groundballs Hit Against the Pitcher (hits, outs and errors)
    FB = Fly Balls Hit Against the Pitcher (excludes line drives)
    GF = Ratio of Grounders to Flies
    Bk = Balks
    W = Wins
    L = Losses
    Pct. = Winning Percentage
    ShO = Shutouts
    Sv = Saves
    ERA = Earned Run Average
    Sv = Saves
    BB = Walks Issued
    Avg = Batting Average Allowed by Pitcher
    RAT = Ratio of SO/AB
    ShO = Shutouts
    WHIP = Walks plus Hits divided by Innings Pitched

Charlie Blackmon, leader in TB in Fantasy League 139 is his total
    He has 73 hits, 11 doubles, 8 triples, and 13 homers.
    That is 139 Total Bases
    Charlie Blackmon, leader in TB in Fantasy League 139 is his total
    He has 73 hits, 11 doubles, 8 triples, and 13 homers.
    That is 139 Total Bases
    Who?!?
    You don't know who Charlie Blackmon is?
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Blackmon

One of the best hitters in baseball currently 
    Amazing my whole team decides to stop hitting at the same time...