Options

EDDIE VEDDER ANNOUNCES 2017 EUROPEAN TOUR DATES

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Ed is not going to cancel the tour.   The show must go on as they say.   
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Funeral on 26th and then show on 27th?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Brisk. said:
    Funeral on 26th and then show on 27th?
    That is a very quick turnaround. especially LA to Amsterdam. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    neddie vedderneddie vedder 93 million miles from the sun Posts: 191
    Surely there is no way he will do the Amsterdam shows. And if he cancels them he may pull the whole tour..I've got London 1 + 2 and Dublin but like others have said, i fully agree if he's not in the right frame of mind
    Manchester 09, Hyde Park 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 1+2 2012, EV Manchester 2012, EV London 1+2 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, EV London 1+2 2017, EV Dublin 2017, London 2018, Milan 2018, Padova 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2018, EV Florence 2019, EV Barolo 2019, EV Madrid 2019, Berlin 2022, London 1+2 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022

• Options
    cblock77cblock77 Posts: 36
    Some of the crew just left today for Amsterdam. At most, he could reschedule the first show. But nothing is being cancelled.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    @cblock77 Anyway you can give more info? Too many "insiders" around here not that I do not believe just curious.
  • Options
    PJDowPJDow Posts: 43
    @PJNB @cblock77 Any info please let me know.  It's been a few tough days that's for sure..but I am flying from Toronto to Amsterdam Friday and would be helpful to know so I adjust plans or worse case cancel...and be out some big $.  We all didn't see this coming but hopefully, he pushes the Sat gig to Sunday and things would be back on schedule somewhat...Tough situation...
  • Options
    sSickmannsSickmann Posts: 35
    It is not a time to be selfish, but I am flying in on Friday and leaving Sunday.  I have no option to extend my stay (at least in an affordable way).  I understand the situation, but if it's not Saturday, it's a non event for me.  There are worse places to be stuck than Amsterdam !
    Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Mar 22, 1995 // Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Mar 14, 1998 // Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Mar 15, 1998 // Shoreline Amphitheatre - Oct 30, 1999 // Wembley Arena - May 29, 2000 // Wembley Arena - May 30, 2000 // Cardiff Arena - Jun 06, 2000 (met Ed) // Paramount Theater, Seattle - Mar 18, 2005 // Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Nov 10, 2006 // Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Nov 11, 2006 // Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009 // Hyde Park - June 25,2010 // Bilbao BBK - July 9, 2010 // PJ20 Alpine Valley - Sept 3 & 4, 2011 // Manchester - June 20, 2012 (met wife) // Amsterdam - June 26, 2012 // Prague - July 2, 2012 // Berlin - July 4, 2012 // Stockholm - July 7, 2012 // Oslo - July 9, 2012 // Copenhagen - July 10, 2012 // Philadelphia - October 21, 2013 // Leeds - July 8, 2014 // Prague - July 1, 2018 // Gold Coast - Nov 13, 2024
  • Options
    Mookie1976Mookie1976 Posts: 51
    Gosh that will be a hard one. If he'd cancel I would totally understand it.
    I'll be in Amsterdam from Saturday on and will see the show on Monday. No one can imagine what it will feel like for Ed if he will perform all shows in Amsterdam as scheduled. Especially the Saturday opener... But you guys out there give him all the good vibes to carry him through. 
    Zürich 2000
    Bern 2006
    Southside Festival 2007
    Berlin 2010
    Berlin 1&2 2012
    Milano 2014
    EV-Solo Amsterdam 2017
    Padova 2018
    Prague 2018
    Zürich 2022
  • Options
    gazgaz Posts: 233
    Been watching this thread for a couple of days. I agree with almost everything I've read. If Eddie has to cancel or postpone the tour it'd be totally understandable. If he decides to go ahead and tour it might help to be doing the thing he loves to do...
    I'm going to Dublin and Cork and I've been hoping to see Eddie and Glen together in Ireland for years. But tbh, I'm more concerned at the moment with how Chris Cornell's wife, his kids, his Mother and brothers, Matt, Eddie, Mike, Jeff, Stone and the rest of the Soundgarden family are coping with the last few days.
    I suppose what I'm trying to say is that I just hope Eddie does what's right for him. If that means we get to see him and give him our support in person, then good. If not, I think we'll all understand the reasons why....
    23/8/06.
    18/6/07.
    22/6/10.
    23/6/10.
    20/6/12
    21/6/12
  • Options
    Andy6Andy6 Posts: 14
    I will understand if Ed has to cancel--dealing with the loss of someone you love, especially a loss of this kind, is brutal. There is no easy way through the morass of emotion, anger, sadness, etc. But, music is always a healing force. It vibrates through the body and the soul stronger than anger, stronger than sadness...I think getting see Ed play at this time will be an exercise in healing, a small step, but an important one, for everyone..Hope everyone with tickets for 27 May gets a chance to come together to support Ed, to support Chris from afar, and support one another...Godspeed...
    Darkness comes in waves...tell me/Why invite it to stay?
    You're one with negativity/Yes, comfort is an energy
    But why let the sad song play?
  • Options
    Andy6 said:
    I will understand if Ed has to cancel--dealing with the loss of someone you love, especially a loss of this kind, is brutal. There is no easy way through the morass of emotion, anger, sadness, etc. But, music is always a healing force. It vibrates through the body and the soul stronger than anger, stronger than sadness...I think getting see Ed play at this time will be an exercise in healing, a small step, but an important one, for everyone..Hope everyone with tickets for 27 May gets a chance to come together to support Ed, to support Chris from afar, and support one another...Godspeed...
    Well said....
    23/8/06.
    18/6/07.
    22/6/10.
    23/6/10.
    20/6/12
    21/6/12
  • Options
    I am having a hard time listening to everyones opinion on the matter to be honest. Especially the ones saying the show must go on with out any sensitivity to the issue. I just can't fathom how so many people are shrugging this off as a non issue for the tour. I am not singling anyone out and it is mostly on social media but comments like "not his first rodeo" and "he is a professional he will be fine" are very irritating to me. This page for the most part has been a great spot to go to and connect with many like minded fans. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    I am having a hard time listening to everyones opinion on the matter to be honest. Especially the ones saying the show must go on with out any sensitivity to the issue. I just can't fathom how so many people are shrugging this off as a non issue for the tour. I am not singling anyone out and it is mostly on social media but comments like "not his first rodeo" and "he is a professional he will be fine" are very irritating to me. This page for the most part has been a great spot to go to and connect with many like minded fans. 
    Have people really been that insensitive?? Unbelievable! 
    23/8/06.
    18/6/07.
    22/6/10.
    23/6/10.
    20/6/12
    21/6/12
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,018
    Surely there is no way he will do the Amsterdam shows. And if he cancels them he may pull the whole tour..I've got London 1 + 2 and Dublin but like others have said, i fully agree if he's not in the right frame of mind

I don't understand that reasoning. Why would he have to pull the whole tour when being forced to pull a date. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    gaz said:
    PJNB said:
    Have people really been that insensitive?? Unbelievable! 
    I should not have singled out social media because for the most part that community has been great. I just shake my head though at the way some peoples minds work.  
  • Options

I don't understand that reasoning. Why would he have to pull the whole tour when being forced to pull a date. 
    Ya I very likely scenario is just the Amsterdam 1 show is pulled and the rest of the tour is still on. That or the whole tour is postponed/cancelled. I could really see it going either way with no other options to be honest. 
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Id give just about anything to be in that room when Ed takes the stage in Amsterdam on night 1.
  • Options
    I wrote this morning to AFAS LIVE and just got following answer:
    "By our knowing the show will not be canceled. You can check our website for update information about the concert"

2000 Berlin
    2012 Berlin 1/ Berlin 2
    2014 Amsterdam 1/ Amsterdam 2/ Berlin
    2017 Amsterdam 1/ Amsterdam 2/ Amsterdam 3/ Antwerp (EV Solo Shows)
    2018 Amsterdam 1/ Amsterdam 2/ Krakow/ Berlin/ Seattle 1/ Seattle 2
    2019 Amsterdam 1/ Amsterdam 2/ Berlin/ Düsseldorf (EV Solo Shows)
    2022 Frankfurt
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    Get_Right said:
    Id give just about anything to be in that room when Ed takes the stage in Amsterdam on night 1.
    If he decides to go forward with that show or for that matter, whenever he decides to play next, it will be a very powerful, emotional, love filled room. I'd love to be there too. 
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    I think people probably say this because when most people lose a parent or sibling, they can only take a few days off before they have to get back to work.  Doing a desk job is a little different when sad though than having to entertain 1,000 people for sure.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,165
    I'd imagine there will be an announcement very soon if any dates are to be cancelled. Funeral details have just been released so management will be working hard behind the scenes on this.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    I think people probably say this because when most people lose a parent or sibling, they can only take a few days off before they have to get back to work.  Doing a desk job is a little different when sad though than having to entertain 1,000 people for sure.
    Ya I thought this too. I am not a multimillionaire that can take weeks off of work if something bad happens. Eddie on the other hand does not need to work another day in his life. He gets to choose what fits him best. People projecting there own lives and situations on him is just weird to me. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Ya I thought this too. I am not a multimillionaire that can take weeks off of work if something bad happens. Eddie on the other hand does not need to work another day in his life. He gets to choose what fits him best. People projecting there own lives and situations on him is just weird to me. 
    Yeah, but Ed doesn't live his life in a vacuum.  He has the crew to think about, venue staff, and thousands of fans who have paid for traveling costs, etc...  He can do what he wants though. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Yeah, but Ed doesn't live his life in a vacuum.  He has the crew to think about, venue staff, and thousands of fans who have paid for traveling costs, etc...  He can do what he wants though. 
    Ya it reminds me of when the cancelled in North Carolina. I really felt for the venue/crew workers that depend on that pay check. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Ya it reminds me of when the cancelled in North Carolina. I really felt for the venue/crew workers that depend on that pay check. 

Definitely. 
  • Options
    neddie vedderneddie vedder 93 million miles from the sun Posts: 191

He wouldn't be FORCED into doing anything, it's his personal choice and whatever that choice is then I will still support him, just thinking that from previous Ed solo shows, he's been more of a comedian than musician some nights, and if he can't be like that due to the circumstances then maybe he feels that it's won't be fair on us fans...no beef with you just my opinion that's all, I'll be absolutely gutted if he cancels but he's still God no matter what 
    Manchester 09, Hyde Park 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 1+2 2012, EV Manchester 2012, EV London 1+2 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, EV London 1+2 2017, EV Dublin 2017, London 2018, Milan 2018, Padova 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2018, EV Florence 2019, EV Barolo 2019, EV Madrid 2019, Berlin 2022, London 1+2 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Looking for 1 ticket Amsterdam 2 and 3.
  • Options
    JebRandJebRand Posts: 38
    I have an extra 10C ticket for the 1st London show and would like to trade for a seat for the 2nd show.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,850
    cblock77 said:
    Some of the crew just left today for Amsterdam. At most, he could reschedule the first show. But nothing is being cancelled.
    Some of the crew left for Amsterdam? Well that's that. The EV shows will go on.