Off He Goes - Bridge Street 96

https://youtu.be/9MAeVcm3zPI

Dream-like with the keys. Most beautiful version they ever did IMO. Makes me near cry every time I listen to it....
2003 Mansfield III 
2004 Boston I 
2006 Boston I 
2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
2010 Hartford 
2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
2021 Sea.Hear.Now
2022 Camden
2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II

Comments

• RS151862RS151862 Posts: 2,640
    Those two 1996 Bridge School shows might be the best acoustic performances by the band. Every song is excellent.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023 • Baltimore 2024

• elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
    Thanks for sharing this as it brings me back to listening to the bootleg a thousand times. the slower versions of Corduroy and Porch are haunting and unforgettable
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    edited February 2017
    Bridge 96 >>>>mtv unplugged, Benaroya, any other bridge
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    edited February 2017

Thanks for sharing this as it brings me back to listening to the bootleg a thousand times. the slower versions of Corduroy and Porch are haunting and unforgettable

I've seen the youtube links...how did you get a boot of this? Would love to have a copy if possible!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403

Bridge 96 >>>>mtv unplugged, Benaroya, any other bridge

yes!!!!!!!!!
    i absolutely love the 96 bridge shows.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    Fun weekend in the Bay with the annual Bridge School shows and the Who for two at the Shark Tank.

from fivehorizons:

10/19/96 - Shoreline Amphitheatre: Mountain View, CA (Bridge School Benefit) (acoustic) [51m]
    soundcheck: new song, Dead Man, new song, Off He Goes, Around the Bend, Footsteps, Elderly Woman, Nothingman
    set: Footsteps, Sometimes, Better Man, Corduroy (new), Off He Goes, Nothingman, Black, Daughter/(Song X), Elderly Woman, Yellow Ledbetter
    notes: Neil Young announces a "special guest," saying, "I'm just gonna bring him out ... Pete Townshend." Pete (in excellent spirits) performs 'The Kids are Alright,' 'I'm a Boy,' 'A Legal Matter,' 'Let My Love Open the Door,' 'Drowned,' and a great version of 'Behind Blue Eyes.' Patti Smith is just on FIRE. David Bowie plays a set, including 'The Man Who Sold the World.' Although Neil put it when he walked out, "It's called, everything you'd never expect to hear acoustic!" PJ pretty much does the standard Bridge songs we've been hearing for years. Ed, sporting shorter, slicked back hair, jokes, "I just told Neil I had a stomach ache." 'Corduroy' is a very different, slower version featuring a modified tune. The biggest surprise is 'Nothingman' ... only the second time played live. Ed introduces 'Elderly Woman' saying, "This song was written over in the foothills behind you and is the longest song title we have." Brendan O'Brien plays keyboards during PJ's set. Neil set is wonderful, playing 'Helpless' last with most everyone joining him onstage helping sing backup, Patti doing some verses herself.
    ~

10/20/96 - Shoreline Amphitheatre: Mountain View, CA (Bridge School Benefit) (acoustic) [44m]
    set: Sometimes, Elderly Woman, Corduroy (new), Off He Goes, Nothingman, Daughter/(The Real Me)/(Noise of Carpet), Footsteps, Porch (new), Around the Bend
    notes: PJ comes out at sundown ... very nice. Some fans down front on the left have a big banner with "PORCH" painted on it in big letters. 'Corduroy,' again, is the new version from last night. This "new" version of 'Porch' is very, very unusual ... sort of funky/reggae arrangement with some Spanish-like guitar work. Sounds excellent! 'Around the Bend' is wonderful. PJ is on and off very quickly (perhaps to go see The Who's Quadrophenia later). Surprises: Bonnie Raitt and Billy Idol ('White Wedding') each played sets. Bowie added 'China Girl' and 'Whitelight/White heat' to his set.

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,803
    edited February 2017
    RS151862 said:

Those two 1996 Bridge School shows might be the best acoustic performances by the band. Every song is excellent.

Agreed. I'd love to see these officially released in full at some point.

Also, I'd love to know what the new songs that were sound checked were.
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I have this bootleg somewhere that I bought for like 30 bucks. It had a jar of jam on the front and both nights recording. It was definitely an audience recording but wasn't too bad outside of a girl talking thru Sometimes.
    Can't find a pic anywhere online.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    There he goes off a bridge, smh. Read the title so fast mixing lyrics with what was actually there.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,803

I have this bootleg somewhere that I bought for like 30 bucks. It had a jar of jam on the front and both nights recording. It was definitely an audience recording but wasn't too bad outside of a girl talking thru Sometimes.

Dude. I just pulled it out too. Its called Decoder 96. Its incomplete, so I just went to the bootleg site and DL'd the full sets.
  • I love this! Thanks for sharing! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

Dude. I just pulled it out too. Its called Decoder 96. Its incomplete, so I just went to the bootleg site and DL'd the full sets.
    Bingo, that's the one. I forgot it was incomplete. What songs is it missing?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • FoxyRedLa said:

There he goes off a bridge, smh. Read the title so fast mixing lyrics with what was actually there.

Lol
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2

Could you shoot me that site address? Thanks!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    found them!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    10/19/96 full show i believe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNP3tyUkTdY