Binaural / Lost Dogs / Avacado - Vinyl?

I should probably include Riot Act there too, but since I have that one personally I won't.

Curious if there's been any rumblings on getting these 3-4 records out on vinyl. Lost Dogs in particular since SAD is basically my favorite song by them, other than Black. Dying to hear it on the wax...

Comments

• Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,272
    itssad said:

I should probably include Riot Act there too, but since I have that one personally I won't.

Curious if there's been any rumblings on getting these 3-4 records out on vinyl. Lost Dogs in particular since SAD is basically my favorite song by them, other than Black. Dying to hear it on the wax...

Are you referring to represses? They're already out on vinyl.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,896
    I'm not sure I'd hold my breathe for a Lost Dogs reissue, since it's not considered a studio album, but you never know. I think the recent regular reissuing of No Code and Yield told us that they "got over" the idea of needing massive, expensive boxsets, which they clearly didn't have the time or will to keep doing, so I figure that means you'll be seeing their next 3 albums reissued soon enough, like over the next year or two maybe. It's a relatively easy job if they aren't adding all those nostalgic bells and whistles. Also, vinyl has really hit the mainstream again as of right now, so I would imagine that the band wants to get as many reissue sales as they can while that trend is still strong. It's possible this fairly sudden vinyl resurgence won't last forever, so it would be smart for them to get while the gettin's good (although I hope that the vinyl resurgence does last forever! ... the whole industry is going to have to make some changes for that to happen though, IMO).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Horse2345 said:

itssad said:

No they're not; those are bootlegs.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Reissues of any of those lp's anytime soon?

And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,614

Horse2345 said:

itssad said:

The albums were pressed in vinyl. Not sure why you would say they are not. I'm not sure what you mean.
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    The minute I picked up yield and no code originals, they reissued them. I just picked up binaural and riot act is in the mail. These will be reissued any day now. ;)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,896
    edited February 2017
    kramer73 said:

Horse2345 said:

itssad said:

The albums were pressed in vinyl. Not sure why you would say they are not. I'm not sure what you mean.
    Illegal bootlegs just aren't what the OP is asking about, and illegal bootlegs aren't reissues. To be a reissue, it has to be an official 2nd+ pressing.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,272

Horse2345 said:

itssad said:

No they're not; those are

I meant they are already out, i was asking if op was referring to represses, title makes it sounds like there are no pressings at all.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • epieepie Posts: 294
    With the soaring popularity of vinyl now, I would have to think these are in the pipeline.
    1996 - Columbia, MD & Augusta, ME
    2013 - Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Release)
    2016 - Fenway Park I and II
    2017 - HSCM (EV) Boston, MA
    2018 - Seattle I, Fenway Park I and II
    2021 - Ohana Festival (EV/EV/PJ)
    2022 - EV (Beacon Theater II & Newark)
    2023 - Austin, TX I & II
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,803
    Though to be fair, the soaring popularity of vinyl has been going on for about 6 years now.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,803
    But I wouldn't be surprised to see Binaural and Riot Act re presses in the next year or 2.
  • I hope that are re-issues are coming soon. I picked no code and yield 1st pressing reality cheap. Both for 200$