Options

Vodka, How Do I Love Thee

Comments

• Options
    Anybody remember Level vodka?  I was quite fond of that but Absolute pulled the plug.

Never tried it.
    Absolut is ok for drinks mixed with strong flavors.  Don't go handing me an Absolut rocks or martini if there is better vodka around, though.

JMXO #1 choice Ketel #2 choice  -- tough to beat either of those on the rocks or in a martini, for me.

There are a lot of good vodkas out there, though.

Level was made to go up against Grey Goose.  It was really good too.

Oh well.  There might be one you could get off the net somewhere.

Would there be bleeps and boops while the modem connected?

It's not that old you idiot, lol.  2005-8
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Anybody remember Level vodka?  I was quite fond of that but Absolute pulled the plug.

Never tried it.
    Absolut is ok for drinks mixed with strong flavors.  Don't go handing me an Absolut rocks or martini if there is better vodka around, though.

JMXO #1 choice Ketel #2 choice  -- tough to beat either of those on the rocks or in a martini, for me.

:lol:   
    Use of the term the net is what me go there, not the actual time the vodka was around.

The Net.
    Mmmm.  Sandra Bullock in sweats.  :rofl:   
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

Never tried it.

Use of the term the net is what me go there, not the actual time the vodka was around.

The Net.
    I love using out of date terms for things.  I still call TV the "Boob Tube".  I hate the term "the interwebs" though...
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

Never tried it.

The Net.
    I love using out of date terms for things.  I still call TV the "Boob Tube".  I hate the term "the interwebs" though...
    You're a complicated man, Chris.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

Never tried it.

The Net.
    I'm a they, TYVM.  I've chosen a pronoun so I can be hip!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    dankind said:

Never tried it.

The Net.

We are in favor of plural first person pronouns....

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    It’s IT!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

• Options
    dankind said:
    It’s IT!!
    dankind said:

Never tried it.

The Net.

Are we allowed to still laugh at that?
  • Options
    dankind said:
    It’s IT!!
    dankind said:

Never tried it.

The Net.

Thread integrity...if you drink enough vodka, you can laugh (or cry) at pretty much anything.

Neither of us were making fun of the pronoun usage by people to better allow others an understanding of how to identify - so I would say "for sure".

Dan's joke was better than mine - but he is sneaky funny, that way.  Always some subtext present.

• Options
    "Hang On, Voltaire"

• Options
    dankind said:
    It’s IT!!
    dankind said:

Never tried it.

The Net.

Thread integrity...if you drink enough vodka, you can laugh (or cry) at pretty much anything.

Neither of us were making fun of the pronoun usage by people to better allow others an understanding of how to identify - so I would say "for sure".

Dan's joke was better than mine - but he is sneaky funny, that way.  Always some subtext present.

I totally had the SNL It's Pat skit in my head when he wrote it.

Thread integrity.  Tito's has made a huge gain in popularity.
  • Options
    They are some hostile marketers - pre pandemic I noticed that half of the venues we went to in the Philly area were exclusive Tito's venues for vodka.  Pissed me off and while I drank it (duh) I resent these methods.

I believe he was singing Faith No More with his reference....but could be wrong!
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930

This bloody mary is seriously so spicy. Habanero mix, Worcestershire, spicy pickle, jalapeño stuffed olives, a sliced habanero pepper with seeds, habanero hot sauce added, black pepper. 🥵
  • Options
    That sounds brutal - did you like it?
  • Options
    Absolutely loved it, but I like my bloodys spicy. I didn’t do it to torture myself lol. The habanero pepper was the only really spicy part. The rest of the ingredients are more for flavor. 
  • Options
    Excellent!
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,840
    bbiggs said:

This bloody mary is seriously so spicy. Habanero mix, Worcestershire, spicy pickle, jalapeño stuffed olives, a sliced habanero pepper with seeds, habanero hot sauce added, black pepper. 🥵
    That sounds great. I love a spicy Bloody Mary. But I like to get my heat from horseradish rather than hot peppers. Worcestershire, horseradish, black pepper, lemon, and lots of olives is my favorite way to make them. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    bbiggs said:

That sounds great. I love a spicy Bloody Mary. But I like to get my heat from horseradish rather than hot peppers. Worcestershire, horseradish, black pepper, lemon, and lots of olives is my favorite way to make them. 
    Sounds fantastic. Add a pickle and it’s perfect, but I’d take lots of green olives over a pickle if I had to pick between them. 
  • Options
    Playing some nice music, my lady vodka loves good tunes.
    Hang on to Your Ego. 

• Options
    Cheers, my lady.

• Options
    Been 2 years + for this thread.  Saw this today and thought of you and your slander of vodka @Cliffy6745

https://youtube.com/shorts/1J8kDq7n9qM?si=dAz6Wx0fyG9j8CwG

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,844
    I switch between tito's and ketel these days.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Those aren’t even in the same stratosphere. Tito’s is criminally underrated.
  • Options
    I've taken a side piece.....
    A drink of Crop Cucumber is a nice way to start

Also, been visiting Jeremiah Weed Sweet Tea.  Some water, a squeeze of lemon....tasty.

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Been 2 years + for this thread.  Saw this today and thought of you and your slander of vodka @Cliffy6745

https://youtube.com/shorts/1J8kDq7n9qM?si=dAz6Wx0fyG9j8CwG

Hahaha…no lies detected
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    mcgruff10 said:
    Those aren’t even in the same stratosphere. Tito’s is criminally underrated.

Funny thing, I only drink Titos in Austin. Not sure why.
  • Options
    K1 is the Queen.  
    JMXO is my favorite, but too little difference to pay that much more. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,284
    Tito’s is garbage can’t stand the taste of it! Give me Kettle for my martinis, I can stomach my bloody with Tito’s since there are more ingredients to hide the taste but that’s about it 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,284
    https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/bloody-mary-shrimp-cocktail-5384979
    I’m going to do these for Xmas morning but not shot size more like regular tall glass and not with ketchup but the regular tomato juice! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....