Options

***DONALD J TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN IMPEACHED***

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,764
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    So what happens with all the complicit idiots that refuse to testify in these hearings, what can congress do ?
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    So what happens with all the complicit idiots that refuse to testify in these hearings, what can congress do ?
    Contempt of Congress can be jail-able if they want to push it that far.  where it it is actually warranted (not just purely politically motivated but above board), I believe they should.

I think they should , otherwise whats the point of holding someone in contempt?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    mickeyrat said:
    Contempt of Congress can be jail-able if they want to push it that far.  where it it is actually warranted (not just purely politically motivated but above board), I believe they should.

Exactly my thoughts ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619
    mickeyrat said:

Isn’t daily fines also an option? It would be less dramatic response that doesn’t feed the victim mentality of republicans but shows a response by dems. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    mickeyrat said:
    c/p of the ad they took out in the failing NYTs....

What may have been public television’s shining hour – some 247 hours, in fact – came in 1973 when PBS carried gavel-to-gavel coverage of hearings convened by the Senate Select Committee on Presidential Campaign Activities.

Also known as the Watergate committee.

Over the course of 51 days and nights, millions of viewers watched as the story of the Watergate break-in, the cover-up, payoffs, and dirty tricks unfolded before their eyes. The evidence was undeniable: Richard Nixon, the President of the United States, had abused the power of his office, corrupted the rule of law, lied persistently, and obstructed justice.

Other networks carried the hearings, too, but what set public broadcasting apart was the decision to air them twice a day: live, in real time as they happened, and then via videotape in prime time every evening, when people who had spent all day working could come home, watch the drama play out without intrusive commentary, and become a part of the process of judgement. One viewer wrote: “I arrive red-eyed and sleepy to work and I don’t care.”

The hearings showed Americans that democracy can work because they saw it at work. The coverage catapulted a fledgling PBS into the national consciousness.

We know because we were there. Both of us started working in public television nearly fifty years ago and were on the scene as PBS made its mark.

It almost didn’t happen. PBS was already under attack from Nixon and his henchmen. The president’s efforts to quell “Eastern liberal” dissent he claimed was biased against him included eliminating public broadcasting altogether. (Nixon’s special assistant Patrick Buchanan had said, “We’ve got to zero it out, and that’s that.”)

A nervous PBS polled member stations on the decision to carry the hearings. Barely half of them gave the go-ahead.

Initially, there was only enough money for 15 nights of programs, but when the broadcasts proved so popular, cash donations flowed in, as did thanks from across the country. PBS had a hit.

This ironic symmetry was lost on no one: Public television had assured its place in the nation’s esteem by covering fairly the man who had tried to strangle it in the cradle. And the rookie network that had been accused of avoiding controversy for fear of government and partisan retribution showed the independence and courage to help Americans come to grips with a clear and present danger.

Now, during yet another great Constitutional crisis, it’s time for PBS to stand up again – to air the Trump impeachment hearings live during the day and repeat them in the evening primetime hours

.Yes, the regular PBS evening schedule will have to be preempted, as it was back in 1973. But disrupting its programming for a few weeks is a small price to pay for helping preserve the republic. As President Lyndon Johnson noted when he signed into law the Public Broadcasting Act of 1967, public broadcasting might yet become “a replica of the old Greek marketplace, where public affairs took place in view of all the citizens.” Dirty linen included.

C-SPAN, cable and satellite channels and the Internet now offer some version of the service once unique to public TV, but according to the PBS.org website, the difference is clear: Over the course of a year 83% of all television households — over 215 million people — watch PBS via traditional television. PBS reaches 83% of non-internet homes, 82% of lower-income homes and 78% of rural homes.

So airing the impeachment hearings as streaming video on a website isn’t enough. Plenty of Americans still rely on good old broadcast TV to get the word. Hearken, PBS: Pull out the stops once again, and for the sake of the nation, throw away the schedule and air the Trump impeachment hearings in prime time.

Who wins? Democracy – and viewers like you.

.Bill Moyers Michael Winship The Schumann Media Center Senior Writing Fellow, CommonDreams.org

• Options
    Who does Team Trump Treason think he is? Little Rocket Man? Putin on the ritz? What a dick.

https://apple.news/AMYlJMoFKRtmQmXe55L0DLQ
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,272
    mickeyrat said:

Isn’t daily fines also an option? It would be less dramatic response that doesn’t feed the victim mentality of republicans but shows a response by dems. 
    They're not going to fight them, apparently. I think they're just adding to the obstruction article of impeachment. Going to court will drag on for months.

The Bolton testimony is something I think they really need, though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

They're not going to fight them, apparently. I think they're just adding to the obstruction article of impeachment. Going to court will drag on for months.

The Bolton testimony is something I think they really need, though. 

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Who does Team Trump Treason think he is? Little Rocket Man? Putin on the ritz? What a dick.

https://apple.news/AMYlJMoFKRtmQmXe55L0DLQ
    yo it's an oldie but a goodie....

https://youtu.be/OcKcjpSWmm0
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    he up against a pretty stormy ocean.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Is there still room under the bus or are they going to need a bigger bus?

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    So now it looks as if Bolton wants to testify and has knowledge about "many relevant meetings" on Ukraine??!

Plot has thickened yet again. If they can make this work and get him to testify within their timeframe here, Bolton could be trigger the unravelling of this administration....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    So now it looks as if Bolton wants to testify and has knowledge about "many relevant meetings" on Ukraine??!

Plot has thickened yet again. If they can make this work and get him to testify within their timeframe here, Bolton could be trigger the unravelling of this administration....
    Bolton is such a wild card.  He definitely believes in the powers of the executive branch.  So it doesn't surprise me that he is waiting for a court ruling.  But the reality is that won't happen until 12/10.  So it's frustrating.  I don't know that there's a way that will be accelerated.  
  • Options
    So much info...he shoulda just showed up yesterday when he was supposed to.  walrus lookin' MF
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Bolton is such a wild card.  He definitely believes in the powers of the executive branch.  So it doesn't surprise me that he is waiting for a court ruling.  But the reality is that won't happen until 12/10.  So it's frustrating.  I don't know that there's a way that will be accelerated.  
    I wonder if the fact that he is saying he has new relevant info would expedite things somehow though? Would the judge revisit that 12/10 date?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Well I'm not the kind to kiss and tell, but I've been seen with Farrah... I've never seen anything less than a 9...so fine...I've been on fire with Sally Field, blown up with a girl named Bo...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/key-ukraine-witnesses-finger-mick-mulvaney-in-the-quid-pro-quo
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Well I'm not the kind to kiss and tell, but I've been seen with Farrah... I've never seen anything less than a 9...so fine...I've been on fire with Sally Field, blown up with a girl named Bo...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/key-ukraine-witnesses-finger-mick-mulvaney-in-the-quid-pro-quo
    That song gets in my head about once every two weeks. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I wonder if the fact that he is saying he has new relevant info would expedite things somehow though? Would the judge revisit that 12/10 date?
    The theory of deplorables says that Bolton’s public statement is a signal to see if he can get an immunity deal. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

The theory of deplorables says that Bolton’s public statement is a signal to see if he can get an immunity deal. 
    Immunity from what?  If Trump did nothing wrong, why immunity?

And that's one of the great opening songs from the 80's.. .throw that in with the Greatest American Hero.  
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    mrussel1 said:

If he's got the last nail, give him the immunity.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:

HERE HERE
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Immunity from what?  If Trump did nothing wrong, why immunity?

And that's one of the great opening songs from the 80's.. .throw that in with the Greatest American Hero.  
    Throw in Barney Miller if you’re feeling some jazz - funk fusion 
  • Options
    Bolton May be an executive branch power and military might hawk and a dick but he also believes in the constitution and not having POSPOTUS Team Trump Treason or those that come after committing bribery and extortion for personal gain. For the country, maybe. For a POS? Get the hell outta here.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Fiona Hill, NSC aide who listened in on the Ukraine call not only wants to testify before the House impeachment committee but has stated that, “it’s likely the Russians have compromised Team Trump Treason.” Let that sink in like “visibly shaken.” So, is it a PTAPE? Or money laundering? Or both?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry-live-updates/2019/11/08/2b1e67dc-01b2-11ea-8501-2a7123a38c58_story.html

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    "THE FIELD"
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:

You all have nailed this. While watching Maher last night I couldn't stop thinking they need senior level witness testimony before voting

They need to pressure the Court to rule on Bolton's subpoena before voting.

Hopefully they learned the public didn't care too much about "obstruction " during the Mueller report story

I'm not saying wait months but if they were to wrap before year end Pelosi should give a speech saying:

" we are done investigating unless John Bolton has something he would like to tell the American public and Chief Justice Roberts, if you have an opinion on our constitutionally issued subpoena, please let us know in the coming weeks."

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,763
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:

HERE HERE

ABSO-FUCKING-LOUTELY!!!! Full speed ahead with this!

They've been using the "closed door" terminology to try to make the Dems seem shady. Now, yesterday I read that the Orange Buffoon doesn't think the hearings should be public?!?! AYFKM??? I cannot wait for this to be over. 

All I want for Christmas is an IM-PEACH-MENT an im-peach-ment.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:

YES.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Fingered in the quid pro quo, was he?  You don't say...