Options

NETFLIX STREAMING FINDS

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    edited July 2021
    Been watching Restaurants on the Edge.

I am conflicted...first, I am a sucker for anything that shows me some locations I have not been before/don't know a lot about.  They do some really great drone camera work and some of the spots are amazingly beautiful.  Keeps me clicking "next" just to learn some about the places and see them.

Second, I think the show is fucking weak.  A restaurateur, a chef, and a designer go to exotic locales and help restaurants re-set for success.
    I like the design chick but the restaurateur should really be the chef and the guy who is the chef is annoying/douchey.

The things they do to set the people running the places seem doomed to fail, big time.
    Would love to see a follow up to show how the places are doing 6 months later.  My bet is they are mostly back in the same spot. 

Anyone else watch this? 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    It sounds like that Ramsay show from a few years ago. Most of them failed after the “re-work”.

Anyone seen El Camino? I mean, I dug Breaking Bad (LOVE Better Call Saul; it’s so well done) but the trailer didn’t really offer much to pull me in. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    hedonist said:
    It sounds like that Ramsay show from a few years ago. Most of them failed after the “re-work”.

Anyone seen El Camino? I mean, I dug Breaking Bad (LOVE Better Call Saul; it’s so well done) but the trailer didn’t really offer much to pull me in. 

Yeah, I watched the Ramsay ones for a while, this is less food and more locale....and that is part of why I think the failures will be higher.  (Most of the people running the places are fucking dopes.)

Did not watch El Camino...but sure did love BB.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    El Camino was ok. Just ok. And I thought BB was the best show of all time. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967

I am conflicted...first, I am a sucker for anything that shows me some locations I have not been before/don't know a lot about.  They do some really great drone camera work and some of the spots are amazingly beautiful.  Keeps me clicking "next" just to learn some about the places and see them.

Second, I think the show is fucking weak.  A restaurateur, a chef, and a designer go to exotic locales and help restaurants re-set for success.
    I like the design chick but the restaurateur should really be the chef and the guy who is the chef is annoying/douchey.

The things they do to set the people running the places seem doomed to fail, big time.
    Would love to see a follow up to show how the places are doing 6 months later.  My bet is they are mostly back in the same spot. 

Anyone else watch this? 
    Same with Restaurant Impossible....I think the majority fail within a few years after the redo.

You either know how to run a restaurant or you don't.  If you can't fix the problems on your own you are not going to last long anyway. 

I cringe sometimes when they talk about financing because the best course of action for a lot of them would be to file bankruptcy rather than try to dig out of the enormous hole that some of them have put themselves in.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

Anyone else watch this? 
    Same with Restaurant Impossible....I think the majority fail within a few years after the redo.

You either know how to run a restaurant or you don't.  If you can't fix the problems on your own you are not going to last long anyway. 

I cringe sometimes when they talk about financing because the best course of action for a lot of them would be to file bankruptcy rather than try to dig out of the enormous hole that some of them have put themselves in.

I would guess that you are correct in both your assessments and your advice. 
    It doesn't make for great TV if the people running the restaurant are decent at running a business and need help getting to the next level.  :lol: 

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    Holy shit I Think You Should Leave is amazing. Closest thing to Mr. Show since Mr. Show.
    Someone actually made the website from the Calico Cut Pants sketch.....

Calico Cut Pants (getcalicocutpants.com)
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Holy shit I Think You Should Leave is amazing. Closest thing to Mr. Show since Mr. Show.

that was a good one....I still laugh at the very first skit on S1, Ep1 where the guy insists the exit door opened both ways.  I about pissed myself

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,779

Haha yeah I think Netflix owns it.

The fucking skit where the old professor dude wants to eat his burger. I was writhing in pain from laughing so hard.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728

Haha yeah I think Netflix owns it.

The fucking skit where the old professor dude wants to eat his burger. I was writhing in pain from laughing so hard.
    Yeah that was hilarious. I've seen a lot of people say season 1 was better but I loved season 2. The Tim Heidecker sketch when he's on a date and gets in an argument with the thing on the wall was probably my favorite. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Yeah, I dunno, they're both solid but I feel like this season was even more over the edge. Like I said, I'm a huge Mr. Show fan and this season was more like that with the way it felt like skits and characters would intertwine. 

Ya gotta give.....HEY HOLD THAT DOOR.

There's also a show The Characters on Netflix where Robinson has an episode - basically, the same show. So good.

In semi-related news: thank god Odenkirk is OK!
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    Just started The Ranch last week.  I love the humor in this!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    watched the first two episodes, pretty decent so far.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    The Malice in the Palace doc was good
  • Options
    Been blowing through 30 Rock re-watch.
    Love these types of comedies where there is only 20 mins to watch and you don't really have to pay too close attention.  Just put on whenever there is an hour free....watch three episodes and laugh a bunch.
    So reliable!
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,430
    Been blowing through 30 Rock re-watch.
    Love these types of comedies where there is only 20 mins to watch and you don't really have to pay too close attention.  Just put on whenever there is an hour free....watch three episodes and laugh a bunch.
    So reliable!
    I'm due for a 30 Rock rewatch - it did take a season or two to really get going.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    There is a Bob Ross documentary on Netflix right now. It made me feel bad for previously buying two mini funko pop Bob Ross keyrings knowing his son won't benefit from it.
  • Options
    The Mule directed and staring Clint Eastwood is on Netflix.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    dankind said:
    lol that was surprisingly funny
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    It is on Hulu, but I have been watching a show called Reservation Dogs. The writers, directors, crew and cast are primarily Native American. It has some funny moments, but it also has a lot to say about life on a reservation and the struggles that Native Americans deal with every day.   
  • Options
    There is a Bob Ross documentary on Netflix right now. It made me feel bad for previously buying two mini funko pop Bob Ross keyrings knowing his son won't benefit from it.
    Watched this.  Had no idea that Ross' name wasn't attached to his family anymore.
  • Options
    Just got done watching Offspring.  It's a fun watch.  Great acting.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    I really had a good time watching Lunatics. It's totally absurd, but amusing AF I thought!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    Just got done watching Offspring.  It's a fun watch.  Great acting.
    The Offspring sells song rights for a crazy amount of money  The  Independent  The Independent

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    The Old Ways.

Whole Lee Shit. Good horror movie!
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    netflix getting lady chatterlys lover soon.

It's great to be alive.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Malroth said:
    netflix getting lady chatterlys lover soon.

It's great to be alive.
    Starring Adam West?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,503
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..