AMAZON FIRESTICK

The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
Hello.

Anyone have this that installed the kodi app to, essentially, jailbreak the thing? Any reviews/advice? I feel like I'm the last person at my work who has not gotten it yet...
chinese-happy.jpg

Comments

• FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    I don't have one Jugs. But it was talked about at work a little while ago. A few of them have it and love it.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    FoxyRedLa said:

I don't have one Jugs. But it was talked about at work a little while ago. A few of them have it and love it.

Okay....yeah of all the people I know who have it, they all love it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Anyone else have this or know someone who does?

I can't get the sports apps on kodi to work...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I uninstalled and reinstalled kodi.....now everything is working great.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121

Do you have a youtube link for install instructions?
    Jason P said:

Do you have a youtube link for install instructions?
    There's tons of videos but this one worked the best for me:

https://youtu.be/7n2KHTo_Nbg
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Thanks. Got the movies working last night. I had no idea of this program.
    edited January 2017
    Jason P said:

Thanks. Got the movies working last night. I had no idea of this program.

Yeah man.

I was interested in it more for my parents who moved out of town and can't get local sports teams without paying for the league pass/mlb package etc. Although last night I noticed a lot of the live streams for games were not working......But it has just about everything though. I'm probably going to get rid of my hbo/showtime and scale down my cable package.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    2 or 3 YouTube videos I found didn't work. Found one that was basically the same as the one posted here and it worked. So far I've only installed the Exodus add on, but it's working great now. After scrolling through all the movies and shows with my wife, I think she's going to confiscate the remote from me :lol: She does tend to watch more stuff than me though.
    I tried doing it for my parents last night with the same video I posted above and it didn't work. One of the links you need to click on towards the end wasn't there anymore. Gotta try again
    chinese-happy.jpg
    My internet stopped working this weekend less then a week after modding the stick. Are they watching? :open_mouth:

I got it working again but had to reconfigure the modem. Coincidence?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Getting one of these tonight. Can't wait.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I used this guy's guides, and had no problem installing Kodi on my Firestick, as well as various apps.
    http://troypoint.com/how-to-install-kodi-on-fire-tv/
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    This shit is awesome

This shit is awesome

Welcome aboard.
    chinese-happy.jpg

This shit is awesome

Welcome aboard.
    Yeah, man. It's pretty wild how much stuff is on there. Pretty much everything you could ever want.

How reliable are the sports? I had no problem with NBA games last night. Is there a lag in how live it is? Trying to figure out if I can cancel my MLB package.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Did you guys put this stuff on yourselves or did you buy the stick preloaded?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

I bought one preloaded on ebay. Sounds like some of the other guys did it themselves.

This shit is awesome

Welcome aboard.
    Yeah, man. It's pretty wild how much stuff is on there. Pretty much everything you could ever want.

How reliable are the sports? I had no problem with NBA games last night. Is there a lag in how live it is? Trying to figure out if I can cancel my MLB package.
    I don't think it's as reliable as other stuff that's not live. Guess it just depends on how many streams are up there
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited March 2017

JK_Livin said:

I bought one preloaded on ebay. Sounds like some of the other guys did it themselves.
    How much were the preloaded ones? It is pretty easy to do it yourself. Took me about 10 minutes....and I normally suck at stuff like this.
    chinese-happy.jpg

JK_Livin said:

How much were the preloaded ones? It is pretty easy to do it yourself. Took me about 10 minutes....and I normally suck at stuff like this.
    I got it for $85. I didn't trust myself to do it myself, so I just spent the extra $35 or whatever to get it preloaded. Came with what looks like all the main add ons. Exodus, Phoenix, Specto, Sports Devil, and a ton more. Am sure I can figure out how to add stuff if need be.

Seems like Exodus is the best one for movies/TV shows?

This shit is awesome

Welcome aboard.

I don't think it's as reliable as other stuff that's not live. Guess it just depends on how many streams are up there
    Yeah...the NBA seemed pretty on point last night, but not sure I trust it for a full season of Yankees. Probably gonna keep the package this year and think about it again next.

This shit is awesome

Welcome aboard.

Yeah...the NBA seemed pretty on point last night, but not sure I trust it for a full season of Yankees. Probably gonna keep the package this year and think about it again next.
    I watched the first season of Fargo on it over the last couple weeks. All but two episodes were in 1080p.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    So yeah, didn't work all that great for the Yanks game yesterday though I didn't put much effort into figuring it out.

Have watched a bunch of movies so far though. The thing is amazing.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    I just use the Kodi for desktop and hdmi to my big screen. Gonna get a wireless mouse and keyboard. Any cheap ones with decent range? Basically just need it to go through a wall to the he next room.

Not sure I could ditch my cable, but staying caught up with movies will be pretty cool. How fast do shows get posted in 1080? Thinking about dropping the premiums, but have to have my Thrones the night it's on.
    DewieCox said:

I

Not sure I could ditch my cable, but staying caught up with movies will be pretty cool. How fast do shows get posted in 1080? Thinking about dropping the premiums, but have to have my Thrones the night it's on.

I saw Homeland was up next day...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    Got mine 2 days ago. Paid my wifes co-worker 25. to download Kodi. Will play around later today to see whats what.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

Got mine 2 days ago. Paid my wifes co-worker 25. to download Kodi. Will play around later today to see whats what.

Have a go at it Mick. I've been meaning to buy a 2nd one for the bedroom actually.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    edited October 2018
    new fire tv 4k arrived yesterday. anyone using a dvr with this?
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    I haven't actually used kodi in a long ass time. Last time I tried, it was removed and I just never tried downloading a newer version. Is it still working for you guys?
    chinese-happy.jpg