Sweet Eddie Vedder donations for Casey's Clubhouse Miracle League Field

13»

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    Pretty cool. The prices of those guitars were ridiculous but for a great cause.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    Agreed. How about the poster...$4610. Good cause though.
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Posts: 1,023
    edited February 2017
    demetrios said:

Eddie Vedder donations for Casey's Clubhouse Miracle League Field
    Raised in: :)

Eddie Vedder Guitar Picks - Set of 2 = $330
    Eddie Vedder Signed Black and Blue Poster = $1530
    Eddie Vedder Signed Clear Drum Head = $1150
    Eddie Vedder Signed Pearl Jam Yield Sign = $5000
    Eddie Vedder Signed Poster Australia 2011 Tour = $4610
    Eddie Vedder Signed Poster From 2008 Tour = $1080
    Eddie Vedder Signed Poster Hyde Park London 2010 = $1110
    Eddie Vedder signed tambourine = $3075
    Eddie Vedder Signed Ukulele with "I Am Mine" lyrics = $17500
    Eddie Vedder Ukulele Song Book Autographed = $1000
    Eddie Vedder's personally used guitar w/letter = $50100

$86,485!!! That's awesome. I wonder what the total raised for the entire event was. Great cause.
  • maverickmaverick Posts: 1,202
    If you were lucky enough to win a poster from this auction, please know while it wasn't disclosed, and highly odd considering the items were signed and framed by a professional gallery, the posters were dry mounted by the gallery the charity used.
    I had already had an unsigned version framed and simply went to have the signed version switched into my original frame when I learned it was dry mounted.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,905
    ^^^Wow! That's incredible Brian! Definitely worthy of a charge back there. I found it odd they refused to include the original letters Ed included for the ukulele and guitar. Why keep the originals and send the winner photocopies?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • maverickmaverick Posts: 1,202
    edited March 2017
    100 Pacer said:

^^^Wow! That's incredible Brian! Definitely worthy of a charge back there. I found it odd they refused to include the original letters Ed included for the ukulele and guitar. Why keep the originals and send the winner photocopies?

Edit - I didn't like my choice of words and have edited the post below.

There was a single letter from Ed listing the items so I totally understand providing only a copy of the single letter.
    The dry mounting... I'm very curious what the other winners of posters framed think. I have no interest in selling and hope never to be in a position to have to sell the prized PJ possessions... I'm thrilled to have the signed poster, believe me. It's just a bit disappointing I guess. We fans take care of these material items like they are so important. Honestly, we are probably nuts to some degree. I'll admit that. At the end of the day human life, the people we love and love us...that's what's really important, not a poster. I just expected more from a professional gallery.
    Post edited by maverick on
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,530
    Sorry to hear. Wonder though if it was the gallery who did it by mistake or the ones who put in the order wanted them dry mounted. If so they should of totally of said that in the description of their silent auctions that the prints all framed up would be dry mounted.
  • sfrdudersfrduder Posts: 263
    maverick said:

If you were lucky enough to win a poster from this auction, please know while it wasn't disclosed, and highly odd considering the items were signed and framed by a professional gallery, the posters were dry mounted by the gallery the charity used.
    I had already had an unsigned version framed and simply went to have the signed version switched into my original frame when I learned it was dry mounted.

This crossed my mind when I saw that in the original listing. I had this problem once before with a different band/charity. After that experience, I try to only buy unframed items. That way I can make sure my frames are acid free and with UV protection.

Dry mounting is the worst. It hurts to think that yield sign was probably destroyed...
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,530
    sfrduder said:

maverick said:

This crossed my mind when I saw that in the original listing. I had this problem once before with a different band/charity. After that experience, I try to only buy unframed items. That way I can make sure my frames are acid free and with UV protection.

Dry mounting is the worst. It hurts to think that yield sign was probably destroyed...
    Mother of GOD!! :( And that ended @ $5000. That Australia 2011 Tour poster ended @ $4610.

• pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    maverick said:

100 Pacer said:

Edit - I didn't like my choice of words and have edited the post below.

There was a single letter from Ed listing the items so I totally understand providing only a copy of the single letter.
    The dry mounting... I'm very curious what the other winners of posters framed think. I have no interest in selling and hope never to be in a position to have to sell the prized PJ possessions... I'm thrilled to have the signed poster, believe me. It's just a bit disappointing I guess. We fans take care of these material items like they are so important. Honestly, we are probably nuts to some degree. I'll admit that. At the end of the day human life, the people we love and love us...that's what's really important, not a poster. I just expected more from a professional gallery.
    I would understand the disappointment here, Its not the potential sale value in the future that would trouble me (although I bet it would a lot of folk) but the fact that the dry mounting really tarnishes the piece. Should you ever decide to sell, even shipping the thing becomes a nightmare.

Its hard to fathom a professional gallery or framer dry mounting a print regardless of value
  • mmearhoffmmearhoff Posts: 282
    I echo the comments, first if you spending $18,000 and $51,000 you would think that the original letter would be included not some stupid photocopy and WHAT THE $%** using dry mount for a poster that sold for $4,600. I have no idea what I would do, but I certainly wouldn't be happy.