What's a good life lesson you want to pass on to your fellow Pearl Jam fan friends?

Comments

• Patience, don't react to important things emotionally.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Always tell those you love how you feel about them.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Don't assume that how other people are reacting is all about you. We tend to think that the world revolves around us but it doesn't. How people react usually is almost completely to do with them. The world will have a lot less drama if we don't take everything personally.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,351
    "Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" - George Carlin
    To our younger members...If you aren't wealthy, go to a JUCO after high school and then transfer. People only care about the school from which you graduated. Don't waste a 100k in student loans for the first two years.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

Don't assume that how other people are reacting is all about you. We tend to think that the world revolves around us but it doesn't. How people react usually is almost completely to do with them. The world will have a lot less drama if we don't take everything personally.

:clap:

As for my two cents (or maybe just a wooden nickel), be kind...to yourself, and to others.
  • Don't be an a hole.

Always carry a knife.

...to a gun fight.
  • May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you live.
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Be nice.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,761
    be excellent to each other and party on dudes!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

Don't be an a hole.

you're just being facetious...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    RKCNDY said:

Don't be an a hole.

you're just being facetious...
    Look at you, knowing how to spell facetious.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,119
    hedonist said:

As for my two cents (or maybe just a wooden nickel), be kind...to yourself, and to others.
    Yours goes along with what I was thinking...

Love is stronger than hate.
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    mrussel1 said:

To our younger members...If you aren't wealthy, go to a JUCO after high school and then transfer. People only care about the school from which you graduated. Don't waste a 100k in student loans for the first two years.

I never heard of this before.

that's really good advice!

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    Never ever cheap out on a mattress.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Be honest, never back down from stating the truth regardless of the condemnation from others.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243

Is this about me? :wink:

Always carry a knife.

Or learn how to craft a shiv.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    Save money for multiple Pearl Jam shows, and walk around the cities where the shows are held.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • From a PJ fan perspective I would also like to include this
    Ms. Haiku said:

Save money for multiple Pearl Jam shows, and walk around the cities where the shows are held.

And add, do meet ups with your friends from here, when ya'll happen to get lucky enough to be attending the same shows. Plan at least one vacation as a touring fan if you are able.
    SD48277 said:

Always carry a knife.

And remember to drop plastic sheeting. :wink:
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Posts: 1,716
    SD48277 said:

Always carry a knife.

:lol:
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834

Be honest, never back down from stating the truth regardless of the condemnation from others.

Truth is relative. Everyone has her/his own truth.

Facts, however, as a great Masshole once said, "are stubborn things."

I can state a fact and never back down because a fact is a fact is a fact. There is no disputing it.

I can state a truth and never back down, but then I just seem like a smug fuck (see Donald Trump for some, perhaps Bernie Sanders for others) because it's merely my truth. And the person from whom I'm receiving condemnation has every right to condemn me because they have their own truth that might feel under fire from my unbending and at-arms self-righteousness.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623

Don't be an a hole.

dankind said:

Be honest, never back down from stating the truth regardless of the condemnation from others.

Truth is relative. Everyone has her/his own truth.

Facts, however, as a great Masshole once said, "are stubborn things."

I can state a fact and never back down because a fact is a fact is a fact. There is no disputing it.

I can state a truth and never back down, but then I just seem like a smug fuck (see Donald Trump for some, perhaps Bernie Sanders for others) because it's merely my truth. And the person from whom I'm receiving condemnation has every right to condemn me because they have their own truth that might feel under fire from my unbending and at-arms self-righteousness.
  • Never eat yellow snow
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Posts: 1,716

Never eat yellow snow

:lol:
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,652
    Don't fry bacon in the nude.
    This weekend we rock Portland